• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Splatoon 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you see a Splatoon 3 Direct announcement tomorrow at 15:00 CEST please take a second to remember me. We got this. Tomorrow.

11 am CEST hits. We're all waiting for Zink.... and there it is. We lose all hope. However, then that afternoon, SplatoonNA posts the English Zink tweet at 2:30 pm, 30 minutes before the usual translated tweet.

I am ready to zink to my knees when i realize we're not getting anything for another week

You know what, I'm done. Fuck you, Miyamoto. This is all your fault.
unknown.png

Hope Splatoon fans have their direct news soon! I personally don't play Splatoon that much, but really love the music. One of the most t if not the most creative Nintendo IP, can't wait to see what they add in 3.

Hope Splatoon fans have their direct news soon! I personally don't play Splatoon that much, but really love the music. One of the most t if not the most creative Nintendo IP, can't wait to see what they add in 3.
I appreciate people who aren't super into splatoon but don't give the series a tough time just bc it isn't their favorite. Thank you 😄

I appreciate people who aren't super into splatoon but don't give the series a tough time just bc it isn't their favorite. Thank you 😄
You can appreciate and enjoy something even if you don't do/play it. It's a normal thing, is it not? Mind you, out of all Nintendo IPs, I think I watch Splatoon streams on Youtube the most 😄 the only Nintendo music CD I own is Splatoon too(even though it was my brother who bought it for his daughter).

Nintendo's marketing this year has been so bizarre. It's been off ever since COVID obviously but it's specially bad this year.

Anyone else been going back to 2 recently?

I’m with Lukas on this one. I can’t imagine why they would release a trailer a week before a dedicated direct.

Nintendo's marketing this year has been so bizarre. It's been off ever since COVID obviously but it's specially bad this year.

I’ve been pretty intermittently playing 2 since 3 was announced. I stopped playing back in October because I didn’t want to burn myself out, but then I got back into it about half a year later (when I dropped it I fully expected the game to be out by like May lol)

I've been playing 2 loads again recently, just to make sure I'm not rusty as I want to pick competitive back up in 3

I've been playing 2 loads again recently, just to make sure I'm not rusty as I want to pick competitive back up in 3
I’m gonna be rusty as hell in 3, especially because I’ve been using joy con since my pro controller stopped working in April

So are we just... not gonna get the regular news tweets this week? That sucks
Nintendo saw everyone complaining about brand tweets and was like 'fine. then no tweets it is'

Although I'm holding out a sliver of hope for a trailer tomorrow (expecting a direct next week though so it likely won't happen, but you never know with Nintendo)

I feel that there will be one more bit info post in addition to Zink (the only old brand left), but not so certain about it. It might be an old returning stage, 'cause now Museum d'Alfonsino is the only confirmed returning stage. The again, Splatoon 2 only revealed Moray Towers as its only returning stage before the Direct, and I am not sure when Port Mackerel was also slated to return.

Thank you for reading.

Despite being right, and unfortunately so. I am still quite perplexed by the lack of information.

So many people with a casual interest in Splatoon I feel are starting to pass on the game. It's a lot harder to change the minds of people like that.

It doesn't help that the trailers haven't been very casually friendly, and looks pretty much the same as 2. They really just need to put stuff out there. I really don't think the marketing has been good. It's really weird.

Like, with Xenoblade, it had an amazing marketing cycle. Good, cohesive Twitter updates along with a main hook to the game. They reiterate on trailers, put new nuggets of information, but had a fantastic amount of trailers going to release. Then we had a direct on top of that.

The thing is too, I really doubt Xenoblade had a larger marketing budget than Splatoon 3. So what gives then?

Despite being right, and unfortunately so. I am still quite perplexed by the lack of information.

So many people with a casual interest in Splatoon I feel are starting to pass on the game. It's a lot harder to change the minds of people like that.

It doesn't help that the trailers haven't been very casually friendly, and looks pretty much the same as 2. They really just need to put stuff out there. I really don't think the marketing has been good. It's really weird.

Like, with Xenoblade, it had an amazing marketing cycle. Good, cohesive Twitter updates along with a main hook to the game. They reiterate on trailers, put new nuggets of information, but had a fantastic amount of trailers going to release. Then we had a direct on top of that.

The thing is too, I really doubt Xenoblade had a larger marketing budget than Splatoon 3. So what gives then?

I think their marketing so far has been hard focused on getting people who don't know what Splatoon is about familiar with the game. They already know Splatoon fans will buy the game, they just need to bring new people on board. When the direct comes around, that's when they'll do more of a deep dive for fans.

I feel that there will be one more bit info post in addition to Zink (the only old brand left), but not so certain about it. It might be an old returning stage, 'cause now Museum d'Alfonsino is the only confirmed returning stage. The again, Splatoon 2 only revealed Moray Towers as its only returning stage before the Direct, and I am not sure when Port Mackerel was also slated to return.

Thank you for reading.
Maybe a new song? It's been a while since we've had one

Can't wait for Splatoon 3 smashing franchise sales records. Some discussions around the game are pretty tiring.

I am a simple guy: give me an awesome single-player campaign, and I am sold. I know the multiplayer will deliver, even if I am in the camp of those who feel they have yet to show changes that I would rate as significant.

I think their marketing so far has been hard focused on getting people who don't know what Splatoon is about familiar with the game. They already know Splatoon fans will buy the game, they just need to bring new people on board. When the direct comes around, that's when they'll do more of a deep dive for fans.
Honestly I’ve felt the opposite. The primary Splatoon showings so far have been fairly cryptic and/or focused on mechanics and new abilities, rather than the overall package. If I wasn’t familiar with Splatoon, I doubt the marketing campaign thus far would’ve changed that.

Funny thing is, this has already been known for 2 weeks (same tweet but in Dutch) but outlets didn't pick up on it. Plus, "new modes" could literally just mean new singleplayer + new salmon run. Classic non-news like we've been getting for the last 3-4 months

Funny thing is, this has already been known for 2 weeks (same tweet but in Dutch) but outlets didn't pick up on it. Plus, "new modes" could literally just mean new singleplayer + new salmon run. Classic non-news like we've been getting for the last 3-4 months
Exactly. Slow news day lol, oh it's GameXplain so it's normal.

Jumped back into Splatoon 2 to play a bit and oh boy am i ready for a new game. All the meta weapons are annoying and I despise Tenta Missile dodging. And unlike 1 there's some stages I straight up hate. It's definitely time for a new, fresh installment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom