• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Splatoon 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They probably want to give Xenoblade 3 a little bit more time to breath. The week after a major release for Nintendo is usually a bit quiet.
Good point. But I mean they did Partner week after Tree Hopes released or they did General week after 3D World + Bowser's Fury released. I know these are not quite comparable examples but just my two cents. We shall see what will happen.

They probably want to give Xenoblade 3 a little bit more time to breath. The week after a major release for Nintendo is usually a bit quiet.
I mean if that was Nintendo's reasoning they would have never decided to open Sword/Shield preorders on August 4 in Japan (meaning new trailer or Presents). The real reason is, well, Pokémon news are already set for that week so it doesn't seem like the best spot for a full Direct dedicated to another major game.

I mean if that was Nintendo's reasoning they would have never decided to open Sword/Shield preorders on August 4 in Japan (meaning new trailer or Presents). The real reason is, well, Pokémon news are already set for that week so it doesn't seem like the best spot for a full Direct dedicated to another major game.
Nintendo isn't the Pokemon Company. Nintendo has little to no control of the marketing of Pokémon.

Splatoon 3 on the other hand....

If there is information coming from Pokémon that week too, then Nintendo would definitely not have splatoon 3 information next week too.

Does anyone think the single player will be worth the price of admission?
After such a lengthy dev time I would hope so. If the Octo expansion is a view into the future of how they dare to change things up then 100%.

Nintendo isn't the Pokemon Company. Nintendo has little to no control of the marketing of Pokémon.

Splatoon 3 on the other hand....

If there is information coming from Pokémon that week too, then Nintendo would definitely not have splatoon 3 information next week too.
How Nintendo has no control over TPC? They co-own it and have voting rights, the fact that they usually let TPC manage Pokemon all by themselves is the result of Pokemon being so big that it needed a company only to gestion it. Marketing efforts between TPC and Nintendo are cordinated especially because in a lot of regions Nintendo is the one who has to market the Pokemon games due to lack of TPC presence, just because Pokemon follows it's own schedule doesn't mean Nintendo isn't part of deciding the Pokemon schedule

I'm a huge Splatoon fan but I don't think I could ever say a campaign alone is worth $60. Even if it was twice the size of octo expansion, I'd still hesitate to say it's worth it.

Hoping for moments like these with Splat3

Spongebob is a Splatfest in Splatoon 1, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (specifically the Rise of the TMNT version) is one of Splatoon 2's Splatfest (actually 3 of them, single-elimination style). Since both of them are Nickelodeon properties and are very popular... Garfield Splatfest for Splatoon 3? Seriously, a Garfield Splatfest would be something to see, since a comic strip character being elevated into the status of a pop culture icon is incredibly rare.

Thank you for reading.

Will the LukasLeak come true once again? We shall see though im personally expecting the week after
My leaks are so confident that we can't lose. On Wednesday Splatoon 3 is going all in. (I am also going on vacation week after so Nintendo don't you dare to do it week after).

You know what is the best part? That tomorrow is a last twitter news drop. On Monday at 11:00 CEST there will be no tweet, everyone will be like what is going on? But as with OLED, no Splatoon news on that hour means more Splatoon news on that day. On Monday at 15:00 CEST the Splatoon 3 Direct will be announced, which will finally put all the speculation to rest as on Wednesday, Splatoon 3 will show how inkredible it is.

Octo Expansion is the best single-player in Nintendo history so most likely
It is certainly the best Splatoon singleplayer and it isn't even close. And also the best DLC they ever released.
The Splatoom-Team is super talented.

You know what is the best part? That tomorrow is a last twitter news drop. On Monday at 11:00 CEST there will be no tweet, everyone will be like what is going on? But as with OLED, no Splatoon news on that hour means more Splatoon news on that day. On Monday at 15:00 CEST the Splatoon 3 Direct will be announced, which will finally put all the speculation to rest as on Wednesday, Splatoon 3 will show how inkredible it is.
Your optimism surely gets a woomy and veemo from me!

Your optimism surely gets a woomy and veemo from me!
I have only one thing to say

august3rd.png

What is peoples opinion on a special overtime theme for ranked battles? They currently sound kinda dull in the final stretch when compared to turf war imo.

Something like this:

What is peoples opinion on a special overtime theme for ranked battles? They currently sound kinda dull in the final stretch when compared to turf war imo.

Something like this:

I'd love something more than just a siren, but I'm also worried it'll get cut off early too much and it may sound awkward a lot of the time

This is happening this Saturday btw. I know we've kinda said it about every event in this series, but I think this one has the highest chance of them all to have an announcement.

unknown.png

This is happening this Saturday btw. I know we've kinda said it about every event in this series, but I think this one has the highest chance of them all to have an announcement.

unknown.png
It could be, but no matter what it will still be announced on Monday anyway.

Does anyone think the single player will be worth the price of admission?

The first trailer seemed to me like it was implying that. Atleast with the new desert wasteland.

I mean it's one of Nintendo's most talented teams on one of their biggest franchises and having many years in development -- I have high hopes there is a lot more to show.

So far the new weapons and salmon run enemies aren't wetting my whistle.

Xenoblade 3 direct got announced on a monday... we thinking the same is possible for Splat 3?

Game is just over a month out now. I mean they got to show it eventually. Surprised by the lack of any real coverage as is. It's weird and we still haven't seen the single player. Almost makes me wonder if the game is in bad shape or really lacking in content like the sports games have been and maybe that's why they are so hesitant to show more.

Game is just over a month out now. I mean they got to show it eventually. Surprised by the lack of any real coverage as is. It's weird and we still haven't seen the single player. Almost makes me wonder if the game is in bad shape or really lacking in content like the sports games have been and maybe that's why they are so hesitant to show more.
Splatoon 3 is not a new concept. Everybody knows what it is and what you get. They are fine with showing the meat of the game this late. They also have a pretty active Twitter account for the game.

So it is not like they were silent on it.

Splatoon 3 is not a new concept. Everybody knows what it is and what you get. They are fine with showing the meat of the game this late. They also have a pretty active Twitter account for the game.

So it is not like they were silent on it.

I mostly just wanted to see the single player campaign to be honest. It won't likely hurt them for not showing the game until right before release but it does kill a lot of interest from me personally right now. Oh well no biggie.

Monday is closer and closer

Tune in on 8/3 at 7am PT for a livestreamed #Splatoon3 Direct presentation featuring roughly 30 minutes of information about the third entry in a Splatoon series for #NintendoSwitch.

We hope you enjoyed this look at how the unusual species of inklings and octolings have evolved over the last five years. But that's not all! We're receiving reports that from August 12 to 14, Splatsville is holding a special event known as a "testfire"! The Squid Research Lab's social media team will share more on this event later today.

I hope in Splatoon 3, when someone disconnects it's communicated better to all remaining players and every person playing gets the option to leave the match (without any consequences for team with dc, and normal point gain for team without dc)

It just feels so awful to have someone disconnect early and be forced to play out the game.

I hope in Splatoon 3, when someone disconnects it's communicated better to all remaining players and every person playing gets the option to leave the match (without any consequences for team with dc, and normal point gain for team without dc)

It just feels so awful to have someone disconnect early and be forced to play out the game.
The best part is when introduction teams and map is so long that music starts in loop and you know you are fucked imao. Or when you play and suddenly all people are disconnected and it just say that you and one of the opponents are there while only you are still in a match and game disconnects after few seconds.

The best part is when introduction teams and map is so long that music starts in loop and you know you are fucked imao. Or when you play and suddenly all people are disconnected and it just say that you and one of the opponents are there while only you are still in a match and game disconnects after few seconds.
Even more fun when someone disconnects in the lobby right as the game starts, and they turn into a ??????? Jr with default gear

Even more fun when someone disconnects in the lobby right as the game starts, and they turn into a ??????? Jr with default gear
I had that happen last week. It's pretty rare and was cool to see tbh.

Also, we still expecting something during the final event tonight like a new brand or nah?

I hate whenever that happened, but I will admit it's pretty exhilarating having the odds stacked against you and coming out on top.

No announcement

That seals the deal. I am no longer a Splatoon fan. I’ve been a fan since 2017 and a switch console owner since 2017. I officially will not be purchasing Splatoon 3 nor will I watch any directs ever again. Nintendo is officially the worst company in history. copypasta in case it wasn't obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom