• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Splatoon 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say this though, if there was a really big hook I think it would've been shown by now. I'm sure we'll get some really nice new stuff, maybe a new ranked mode and things like that, but I don't think we'll get a new mode on the scale of salmon run or anything.
Nintendo waited until the final month before launch to reveal Kirby's mouthful mode and Smash's World of Light so who knows really ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
No.

Is this a meme? Am I being copy pastad? I swear I can't handle following another game series next to Pokemon with a community that lives in this kind of constant state of self-induced anxiety.
It's satire of the dozens of Nintendo youtubers who say they are "worried about Splatoon 3", I thought I made it obvious but since it's so close to what they're actually saying...

Last edited:
It's satire of the dozens of Nintendo youtubers who say they are "worried about Splatoon 3", I thought I made it obvious but since it's so close to what they're actually saying...

Oh my god, it sounded so genuine because it's all arguments I have genuinely heard people say

The first paragraph was very obvious satire but the rest sounded like genuine (but poor) arguments
this bit gave it away for me:

the game already has a release date and its preorder page is up on the Nintendo eShop, which means that Nintendo has already shown everything about the game. Does this mean that Breath of the Wild 2 will be unfinished too? And why is Nintendo taking resources away from Mario Kart 9 to make Splatoon 3?

I thought there was a 40% chance it was satire, 30% it was an ironic repost of something someone said in all seriousness somewhere else, but still a solid 30% chance it was meant at face value.

I've seen Splatoon Twitter and YouTube go antsy over the past weeks, so nothing is unbelievable. Of those I follow Srb2Dude was about the only one who kept a chill head.

I'm going to be perplexed if we get nothing Splatoon 3 related this week. It won't be long now before someone is able to get a copy from the backroom of a store and leak footage lol.

It won't be long now before someone is able to get a copy from the backroom of a store and leak footage lol.
This idea made me realize that I don't actually want all the information about the game. I would be elated to start it for the first time with no idea of what to expect from the hub, idols, shops, and even some maps. The only reason I am so anxious for news is because it's standard procedure, and the absence of information about content would imply that it isn't there.

This idea made me realize that I don't actually want all the information about the game. I would be elated to start it for the first time with no idea of what to expect from the hub, idols, shops, and even some maps. The only reason I am so anxious for news is because it's standard procedure, and the absence of information about content would imply that it isn't there.

I mostly just wanted to see if the story campaign was going to be anything significant or not. More of curiosity on my part. I don't really need to see anymore of the multiplayer stuff. A quick trailer showing off some of the campaign would satisfy me.

I mostly just wanted to see if the story campaign was going to be anything significant or not. More of curiosity on my part. I don't really need to see anymore of the multiplayer stuff. A quick trailer showing off some of the campaign would satisfy me.
Looking at the story mode trailers for each game:

It's interesting how much gameplay and level design they show for the Splatoon 1 + 2 trailers, whereas the Splatoon 3 story trailer seems to go out of its way to not show much of any gameplay and mostly has close-ups of the player character just standing or sitting around in some obscured location outside of that snowy area/ launch pad.

I wonder if this is because they were trying to hide certain mechanics that they weren't ready to show yet, or the level assets simply weren't trailer ready at the time of the direct which was last September, a full year before release.

I know that worrying about Splatoon 3 is a meme at this point, but if we don't get new info this week I WILL start worrying about it. Marketing should have started weeks ago.

6p92aj.jpg

I feel like it's time a direct will be coming, since these announcements tend to get revealed later in the day.

Thank you for reading.

Were you guys not around for the marketing of AC:NH? We got absolutely nothing on that game until about a month before release, no Twitter updates like Splatoon has been getting. It was painful!

BOOYAH!

LMAO at people thinking they weren't going to promote this game

with less than a month to go no less
When are people going to learn that Nintendo likes to do their marketing push for their tentpole releases about a month before release, and not while something else is at the front of the line?

I want to like this game and not let it end up like how I acted on the second installment. Rage quitting and self esteem issues... I'm too competitive, but I just want to enjoy the game without wanting to win. Maaaaan, here's hoping I grew a little older this time.

I'm ready to be surprised, can't wait for the trailer!

To get pre-orders open earlier, the OLED version is releasing the 28th of August two weeks before the game as usual of Nintendo LE consoles.
Just kinda feel like the console would sell either way, but I guess 18 days is a bit short for a whole console

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom