• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Splatoon 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious to see if they'll continue doing mon-wed-fri and they didn't tweet bc Marine Day, or if they'll switch up the schedule to tue-thu now bc they have less news to show???

And brushes are shown. There has to be a new Brush weapon if they want to put them in their own class, because frankly, two in a class is too few.

Thank you for reading.

Curious to see if they'll continue doing mon-wed-fri and they didn't tweet bc Marine Day, or if they'll switch up the schedule to tue-thu now bc they have less news to show???

I don't necesarily think they have less news to show, it's just the bigger news like new mode etc. will be obviously saved for a Direct and since we are closer to one they will probably skip the 3 day tweet a week and do like 2 tweets a week, or maybe one.

I don't necesarily think they have less news to show, it's just the bigger news like new mode etc. will be obviously saved for a Direct and since we are closer to one they will probably skip the 3 day tweet a week and do like 2 tweets a week, or maybe one.
Yeah that's what I meant by less news. I moreso meant less news left in the current batch

So, I am guessing that the announcement of the Direct on August 1st for a August 3rd as a actual Direct date. I don't think they will wait more to show the game.

We now have brellas left as the only weapon class to be shown right? I think this is a good indicator that we're nearing the end of this news batch. So hopefully we'll get a new trailer or maybe even direct soon

I know but if am not mistaken the preorders were delayed last time, don't quote me on this tho

Unfortunately I've got no clue about last time - All I know is that they'll have a new trailer before preorders begin, so if there's no trailer this week then it will 100% be in the first week of August.

As for a Splatoon Direct - it might be a bit close to the release, but I personally think it will be the same week that the Splatoon OLED launches.

I don't think we'll get a testfire before the direct at this point unfortunately. Might mean we wait until late August or maybe even early September to try the game 😔

I wonder how fast the old clothing brands will be revealed at this rate. There are only five of them, and assuming that there will be a Direct on the first week of August, that's not much time left.

Thank you for reading.

As for a Splatoon Direct - it might be a bit close to the release, but I personally think it will be the same week that the Splatoon OLED launches.
No way that it will be that late, and we can't use Splat2 Direct as a reference since at that point we already knew far more about that game than what we know now.

And brushes are shown. There has to be a new Brush weapon if they want to put them in their own class, because frankly, two in a class is too few.

Thank you for reading.

some kind of dynamo-inspired brush pleeeaaase, I need another slow but super powerful weapon

No way that it will be that late, and we can't use Splat2 Direct as a reference since at that point we already knew far more about that game than what we know now.
Yeah, but these past couple of years marketing cycles have gotten much shorter (not just for Nintendo, but for everyone). Stuff that previously would've been drip feed over the span of half a year is now all saved for the last month or two before release.

Splatoon fans are already sold on 3, so what they need is a blowout showing the Campaign and whatever new modes they have as to attract non-fans and then end it with a "it's coming out in just 2 weeks so you won't have to wait at all" or something like that.

Also, I want to clarify this is just my hunch - the more likely scenario is a direct about a month before release like you said.

unknown.png

DJrmQ8yV4AA9JjX.jpg

Ultra Stamp is such an amazing special it needs to be in 3, I keep finding new ways to take advantage of its properties with K Octo like just keeping myself alive by shielding against higher-up shooters so that my teammates can jump to the basket on Reef, or using its speed to flee from an impossible battle and then nail them with the throw (or reverse rush). + Bomb cancelling, inkjet/splashdown cancelling, the stealthy plays... And like Inkjet, you can actually fight it in just as many ways. It's too good to be wasted on like 5 Splatoon 2 weapons.

Ultra Stamp is such an amazing special it needs to be in 3, I keep finding new ways to take advantage of its properties with K Octo like just keeping myself alive by shielding against higher-up shooters so that my teammates can jump to the basket on Reef, or using its speed to flee from an impossible battle and then nail them with the throw. + Bomb cancelling, inkjet/splashdown cancelling, the stealthy plays... And like Inkjet, you can actually fight it in just as many ways. It's too good to be wasted on like 5 Splatoon 2 weapons.
Inkjet and Ultra Stamp are the only 2 well designed specials in Splatoon 2 imo. Inkjet is a no-go bc zipcaster but ultra stamp can return right 🥺

Likely just catching up on what was planned on Shinzo Abe assassination day (Nintendo KR already posted the artwork, but it's very likely that the story detail was supposed to be the actual news that day)

I almost feel bad about how dead this NA tournament is gonna be

Last major of Splatoon 2, no way actual competitive teams are gonna miss that

Big missed opportunity not having the 3rd squid upside down like Claude on Three Houses' cover

Happy 5 years to the day my life turned around :) it sounds silly but Splatoon 2 allowed me to meet so many cool people including my girlfriend and almost all of my current best friends
Wow! Nogami and his team really created a masterpiece of a cult.

Happy 5 years Splatoon 2, you were a great sequel (specials complaining aside) and kept the Splatoon train going after debuting on the Wii U.

We are still 6 weeks away from this game. Holy shit.
Can't wait any longer dammit.

Since both Splash Mob and Firefin are already shown, that leaves three more established brands. Assuming that there will be a third new brand, there might be four more brands to show.

So for now, we have at least the Brella showcase, Skalop, Zink, and Inkline.

Thank you for reading.

Since both Splash Mob and Firefin are already shown, that leaves three more established brands. Assuming that there will be a third new brand, there might be four more brands to show.

So for now, we have at least the Brella showcase, Skalop, Zink, and Inkline.

Thank you for reading.
Guessing it'll go like this

Mon, Jul 25 - Splatoon 3 Brella
Wed, Jul 27 - Splatoon 3 returning brand (Inkline?)
Fri, Jul 29 - Splatoon 3 returning brand (Skalop?)

Mon, Aug 01 - Splatoon 3 returning brand (Zink?)
Wed, Aug 03 - Splatoon 3 new brand
Thu, Aug 04 - Pokémon Scarlet/Violet trailer
Fri, Aug 05 - Splatoon 3 final Twitter news (no idea what)

Mon, Aug 08 - Splatoon 3 Direct announced
Wed, Aug 10 - Splatoon 3 Direct airing

Guessing it'll go like this

Mon, Jul 25 - Splatoon 3 Brella
Wed, Jul 27 - Splatoon 3 returning brand (Inkline?)
Fri, Jul 29 - Splatoon 3 returning brand (Skalop?)

Mon, Aug 01 - Splatoon 3 returning brand (Zink?)
Wed, Aug 03 - Splatoon 3 new brand
Thu, Aug 04 - Pokémon Scarlet/Violet trailer
Fri, Aug 05 - Splatoon 3 final Twitter news (no idea what)

Mon, Aug 08 - Splatoon 3 Direct announced
Wed, Aug 10 - Splatoon 3 Direct airing
imagine the meltdown if they actually show 3 returning brands in a row lmao

I genuinely think they might announce something at the final tournament in that series next week. It's right after Xenoblade is out, leaving August wide open (unless something is announced next week)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom