• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Pre-Release Pokemon Legends Arceus Pre-Release Discussion and Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Game Freak really did work with Monolith Soft on this game's world design, then I could see that influencing future mainline titles and their ambitions.

If Monolith helped because of the move it would probably be mainly on finishing touches more than any conceptual stuff or basic design/gameplay

Yeah I'd keep expectations in check with Monolith. They were probably just a little extra manpower for the last half year - year of development. They didn't take over or something. Definitely not even on BotW level contribution

That’s a good tidbit from Emily about Monolith Soft. I wonder if they just did finishing touches or helped with the actual design of some of these open worlds. Thanks @Emily for keeping us fed :)

nglgt8hw2p981.jpg

More evidence of previews coming out this week

I would argue that influencers do better marketing for games then journalists lol. So I think TPC must be confident in the game if they are using external media, etc.

I don't mind previews being limited, I just want to know the gameplay loop: the process of getting missions, exploring the world, completing missions, etc

Even limited missions and boss fights can bring a lot to the table about the comparison with Monster Hunter: existence of time limit, level of interaction with mons on the overworld, dynamic day/night lighting (I wish!!), openness of the world design, etc.

Last edited:
Even limited missions and boss fights can bring a lot to the table about the comparison with Monster Hunter: existence of time limit, level of interaction with mons on the overworld, dynamic day/night lighting (I wish!!), openness of the world design, etc.
there hasn't been any time limit shown in the gameplay footage we have. and the rest of those things still don't make it MH-like, IMO

there hasn't been any time limit shown in the gameplay footage we have. and the rest of those things still don't make it MH-like, IMO
Yeah, I personally see existing information pointing PLA toward Xenoblade 1/2 rather than MH series actually, so I hope it will stay that way in the previews.

Lets be honest the MH comparisons are because MH is a lot more known than Xenoblade, even if the latter is the most obvious parallel. (It even has the “huge landmark visible at all times that holds the secrets of the game” thing)

Lets be honest the MH comparisons are because MH is a lot more known than Xenoblade, even if the latter is the most obvious parallel. (It even has the “huge landmark visible at all times that holds the secrets of the game” thing)
Eh, I think the assumed/theorized mission structure is what's leading to the MH comparisons more than the actual zone layout. If people thought the gameplay loop would be more Xenoblade-esque then that's the comparison they'd use

That’s a good tidbit from Emily about Monolith Soft. I wonder if they just did finishing touches or helped with the actual design of some of these open worlds. Thanks @Emily for keeping us fed :)

Take with a grain of salt. I heard rumblings, but I don't have any confirmation.

If Monolith helped, I suspect it's very minor stuff. Maybe some assistance and support work on assets. Nothing worth getting excited about.

You really have to wonder why TPC is so silent about this game. Maybe they don't have much confidence in it? Not sure.
or they could jsut be running a short media blowout > sell date campaign. nothing about this or BDSP's marketing is conventional for pokemon, so marketing schedule is probably reflecting that

You really have to wonder why TPC is so silent about this game. Maybe they don't have much confidence in it? Not sure.

I think they just don't want to show much from the game because an important part of it is the wonder of exploration. They have already been a lot more conservative with how much of the games they show since SwSh.

But the marketing cycle for it has been a bit sloppy. I don't think it's being as well advertised as something of this importance should. The January date makes it more difficult both to market and sell.

or they could jsut be running a short media blowout > sell date campaign. nothing about this or BDSP's marketing is conventional for pokemon, so marketing schedule is probably reflecting that
Now that I think about it, COVID probably impacted marketing for these games. So, that is not really that surprising; they probably wanted a longer marketing cycle.

I'm honestly hyped for previews this week, it'll finally give us our first extended look at real gameplay and the general loop, hoping for Thursday previews

Not sound rude but "Not having much confidence in it" is the kind of dumb theory that only a videogame nerd spending too much time on the internet would come up with.

I think they just don't want to show much from the game because an important part of it is the wonder of exploration. They have already been a lot more conservative with how much of the games they show since SwSh.

But the marketing cycle for it has been a bit sloppy. I don't think it's being as well advertised as something of this importance should. The January date makes it more difficult both to market and sell.

Nope and nope.

It's a Jan 28 title. Ramping up the advertising before or during the Christmas/Boxing week/New Year spending period would just get swept up in the holiday hullabaloo... I'd say we're in for a marketing blitz shortly.

Huh, I guess those journalists who posted about it were mistaken then?

Idk if this is the right place to discuss, but gen 9 is definitely this year right? They seem to be ok with 3 year dev cycles, and Legends is meant to take place of the gen 8 remake, so it wouldn't have had gen 9 staff on it. They most likely made BDSP to have a traditional game too.

Idk if this is the right place to discuss, but gen 9 is definitely this year right? They seem to be ok with 3 year dev cycles, and Legends is meant to take place of the gen 8 remake, so it wouldn't have had gen 9 staff on it. They most likely made BDSP to have a traditional game too.
Its highly unlikely that gen 9 is this year

highly unlikely

I doubt it. I think Holiday 2022 will be DLC like Holiday 2020, with Gen 9 releasing in 2023. If there's a new game, I think it'll be another partnership like BDSP was.

Very very unlikely. Legends is an entirely new game, you can't really compare it to how they hand off a third version of an already completed pair of games to a smaller team like they have done in the past. (I assume that's what you meant by "gen 8 remake")

Very very unlikely. Legends is an entirely new game, you can't really compare it to how they hand off a third version of an already completed pair of games to a smaller team like they have done in the past. (I assume that's what you meant by "gen 8 remake")
Oh no I just meant that it's the gen 8 remake title. The third version was already the DLC for SwSh, which iirc didn't have that many actual Sword and Shield staff? I think it was mostly new people. I assumed Legends is taking place of what would have been the ORAS-like remake for Gen 4, and the generation will be over with it.

Oh no I just meant that it's the gen 8 remake title. The third version was already the DLC for SwSh, which iirc didn't have that many actual Sword and Shield staff? I think it was mostly new people. I assumed Legends is taking place of what would have been the ORAS-like remake for Gen 4, and the generation will be over with it.
There were no dedicated credits for the DLC. Anyone new was just added into the main credits.

All we know is the following:

Director
Hiroyuki Tani

3D Map Graphics
Manami Aritaka
Honoka Ushijima
Yukiko Nakai

Motion Design
Wataru Mitsui

Special Effects Graphics Design
Syogo Nagamichi
Yuhei Sonobe
Masakazu Wakabayashi

Music
Hitomi Sato
Junichi Masuda (Crown Tundra)

Oooh, ok sorry I misunderstood what you meant. Still, I think Legends is a big enough departure that we wouldn't really put it in the same boat as something like going from XY to ORAS. Just my opinion though, no idea what staff are working on Legends.

Give me Arceus Legends in January and then a Gen 3 collection in November/December on the eShop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom