• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Pokemon Legends Arceus Pre-Release Discussion and Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

frog

Spin it, boys!
Pokemon-Legends-Arceus-1.png

Official website
eShop page

Information:
Game: Pokemon Legends Arceus
Developer: Gamefreak
Publisher: Nintendo
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release date: January 28, 2022
Price: $59.99 USD/€59.99/£49.99 (or regional equivalent)
Genre: turn-based RPG with action elements
Number of players: 1 (2 for local or online trading)

Trailers:

Gameplay presentations (timestamped):

Promotional videos:

Screenshots:

New Pokemon:
Kleavor (Bug/Rock) - Scyther evolution
Legends-Arceus-Kleavor-Artwork.png

Wyrdeer (Normal/Psychic) - Stantler evolution

Pokemon-Legends-Arceus-Wyrdeer-Art.png

Basculegion (Water/Ghost) - Basculin evolution

Pokemon-Legends-Arceus-Basulegion-Art.png

New regional forms:
Hisuian Braviary (Psychic/Flying)

Pokemon-Legends-Arceus-Braviary-Artwork.png

Hisuian Growlithe (Fire/Rock)

Pokemon-Legends-Arceus-Growl-Artwork.png

Last edited:
Huh, why can't I see the quotes? It says I have to log in but I'm already logged in.

As per my signature, this game currently sits in my top 5 most anticipated

Really looking forward to this game, each time we see it it looks better. One thing I was impressed with is how many different patterns we could see from Kleavor(who seems to be the first boss). We saw him use a ton of different attacks targeting the trainer with good variety, if the bosses keep increasing in complexity from there it will be fun.

I am really looking forward to this one. I wonder what new Pokemon we else can expect. Evolution for existing ones and such.

I'm just happy Pokemon's trying something so drastically different

Even if it doesn't end up working out it's always nice to see experimentation from established franchises like this. And personally, I think it looks great!

👀

So excited for this. Been watching the latest trailers basically every day to look for the smallest details lol.
I hope they finally confirm the existence of Celestic Town at the very least, and hopefully Eterna City too.

Gimme new Pokémon and especially forms all day every day. Gen 7 introducing Alolan forms was the best thing that could happen to Pokémon since the invention of Pokémon itself.

I was a bit skeptical at first, but the August trailer caught my attention and I haven't been interested in Pokemon since Emerald, so we'll see.

The soundtrack is giving me good vibes and my favorite Pokemon is already confirmed to be in the game! (Heracross).

Last edited:
Legends is more of a mix between normal Pokémon, BOTW, Xenoblade 1/2, and a tiny bit of Monster Hunter.

I just noticed in one of the trailers, before the trainer throws out a Poke Ball, you can see the Pokemon's current HP. That is a great quality of life feature.

I'm hyped for this just because of how different it is. I'm not even sure it'll be great, I just appreciate GF are trying something radically different.

BDSP has amplified my hype for this by a million, the only bright side to being so disappointed by it

Thinking on it I really do think they'll wait until December to start up the marketing for PLA in full swing. They'll probably want to give BDSP at least the rest of the month to breathe, at least imo. I'd love to get a trailer this week and be proven wrong though

I still can't tell if this is a spin-off or a mainline game. It seems like a mainline game, based on the Japanese website for PLA. I hope we get some interviews from Game Freak about why they made this game, and what it means for Gen 9, 10, etc.

I still can't tell if this is a spin-off or a mainline game. It seems like a mainline game, based on the Japanese website for PLA. I hope we get some interviews from Game Freak about why they made this game, and what it means for Gen 9, 10, etc.
My bet is on spin-off in order to work on the tech for the mainline series, but hopefully to also keep it going in rotation with outsourced remakes to take some pressure off the mainline games. It'd seem similar to the relationship between MH Stories and regular MH in terms of the make-up of the game (although those don't release in rotation)

GF considers it a main game

I predict two new Pokémon reveals before the launch, one next month, one early January.

And I also predict at least 30 new evolutions of old pokémon and 20 Hisuian forms in the full game. Gen 9 games better have all the Pokémon models including these day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom