• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Pokemon Legends Arceus Pre-Release Discussion and Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game might potentially be leaking soon, a copy is confirmed to be out in the wild and dataminers are contact the person who has it. Unknown if anything will come of it, but be alert

FJaSIaFXMAEBlVD

FJaSIaFX0AgzfPI

Hey

I think now is the time to open the leaks and spoiler thread. I am gonna go ahead and get on this. I am starting to hear rumor of leaks going around social media.

Hey

I think now is the time to open the leaks and spoiler thread. I am gonna go ahead and get on this. I am starting to hear rumor of leaks going around social media.
Yeah now would probably be the time, floodgates will open within the next couple of days

Leak/spoiler thread
Yeah now would probably be the time, floodgates will open within the next couple of days

New thread has been made!

I made the mistake to lock this thread, but after talking on it with the other mods I think it's best to keep this OPEN.

Yeah, it's probably the Kyoto support studio which mainly provides art assets.

They've worked on Animal Crossing and Splatoon in the past.

For those that want to stay away from leaks, a general tip would be to ignore the Leak thread. Otherwise, the temptation would be too big.

Idk y'all. Call me crazy, but I kind of think the game looks visually pretty good. The art style is doing it for me (and the performance has improved so much each time we've seen it).

I think I'm late on this but my god

watching this on my desktop instead of my phone (and reddit's video player is miles better than twitter). GF has a great foundation to build off of. crazy coming off Sword and Shield. the scene composition is so drastically different. Sword and Shield had a very different composition

3692082-2020062516562000-b8faef4816cac2b76d11869b05ca7601.jpg
isle_of_armor_screnshot_3.jpg

they moved on from the pumped up saturation to more muted, naturalistic colors. the environment actually looks more like it's being affected by a global light than just simply glowing. it's a massive upgrade in art direction, and SS wasn't even lacking in that. I think the next step for GF is to start making the lighting more dynamic. more shadows, better material response from objects, etc. an addition of some Ambient Occlusion to ground the objects into the world would do wonders. and, of course, higher texture quality. it's still unknown what the next piece of hardware is gonna be like, but with as good looking as the skybox is, turning that into a giant emissive via RT would do wonders for unifying all the objects in the game world

Seeing how PLA is already blowing up from copies with broken street date, I think I will get into the bunker till Friday next week. The wait will gonna be hard ... considering how the game's polished aspects are revealed more and more recently.

I'm ignorant here, what does that mean? Is that an old or new mechanic?
new mechanic. moves can be selected as the regular form, strong form, and agile form. strong form increases power but delays your next turn, while agile form does the opposite. before this clip we didn't know how you obtained the forms as moves only start with having the regular form

Just got my time off for next Friday approved. Jumping in the deep end on this at launch!

new mechanic. moves can be selected as the regular form, strong form, and agile form. strong form increases power but delays your next turn, while agile form does the opposite. before this clip we didn't know how you obtained the forms as moves only start with having the regular form

New mechanic? And it sounds like it could be interesting? I fucking gasped

Quoted by: Leo
Man the leak thread keeps catching my eye. Doesn't help that it's now very busy. We must stay strong and hype responsibly here!

For those resisting leaks, what has leaked looks great and I think we're in for a good game but none of the leaks are worth spoiling yourself on if you don't like to be spoiled.

Are people happy with what leaked? Does it look like it’s going to be a good Pokemon game?

Reaction seems overwhelmingly positive (bar some new Pokémon designs) here and on era. Lots of people saying they weren't sold on the game, but the leaks convinced them. GF saved a lot of stuff, there is a lot that wasn't shown on the trailers.

Personally, my hype is through the roof. I'm trying to avoid story and design leaks, and just looking for mechanics and stuff.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, the how long did it take the leaker to get to the end? I read that they really, really rushed to the end of the game.

God damn it is taking so much willpower to avoid that leaks thread. I’ve been excited for this game for a while but the realise has still just snuck up on me, hard to believe it’s out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom