• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Pokemon Legends Arceus Pre-Release Discussion and Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People say this game looks ugly but I don't think it looks that bad. Sure, maybe it could be better but I don't think it's as bad as some on the internet make out.

Video game nerds have a bad habit of only operating on hyperbole. Again, not best looking game ever but it looks pleasant.

I showed the latest trailer to my wife and kid and they both thought it looked really awesome.

Has info surfaced about that? I know people were speculating because the file size on the eShop changed from 13GB to 6.7GB or something, but then I read other places that it was always the lower GB on the Japanese eShop.
don't know. I've seen people go on about a day one patch and wondered if there was something to it.

Has info surfaced about that? I know people were speculating because the file size on the eShop changed from 13GB to 6.7GB or something, but then I read other places that it was always the lower GB on the Japanese eShop.
I can confirm that it still is listed as around 13 GB on the European eShop. But the game seems to be full of content I don't know what a Day 1 Patch could do.

Download size
13000.00 MB (estimated)

I can confirm that it still is listed as around 13 GB on the European eShop. But the game seems to be full of content I don't know what a Day 1 Patch could do.

Download size
13000.00 MB (estimated)
It's 6GB, I have it preloaded. Normally day one patches don't add more GBs.

Not sure if they mentioned it on the overview or if I missed it but I didn't notice before that you can move the trainer in a battle 🤔 I thought the trainer falling after a hit was an aesthetical thing but maybe we actually need to avoid collateral damage, interesting

Sounds very good ! :D

Untitled-25-6.jpg

gonna have to call in sick for class next week

I predicted that Arcaeus would be a good Pokemon game (and I'm saying this as someone that hates Pokemon).

I was right.

Pokemon "fans": 0

Pokemon hater: 1

;)

the pokemon hater's youtube if Legends is good:

"Game Freak FINALLY LISTENS!"

"NO MASUDA = GOOD!?"

"Pokemon Legends is UGLY! but good"

"Nintendo is WOKE now? insert facepalm"

I'm so ready for this game now. I've even booked Friday off work, which I haven't done for a game for years. I'm getting physical but the hype inside of me is wishing I got digital for that sweet midnight playtime (who am I kidding, I'm over 30 and I'll be asleep before 1am.)

Arceus just shot up 103 points on COMG Pre-Orders for today. It's trending above BDSP now. Gonna be a legendary launch.

the pokemon hater's youtube if Legends is good:

"Game Freak FINALLY LISTENS!"

"NO MASUDA = GOOD!?"

"Pokemon Legends is UGLY! but good"

"Nintendo is WOKE now? insert facepalm"

I'm ashamed to admit that I've hate-watched a few of Verlisify's videos the past few days (I feel dirty even giving him views) and he's still hating on every aspect of the game. I wonder if he'll do a complete 180 once he has actually played it or if he'll continue the hate while secretly liking it.

I'm ashamed to admit that I've hate-watched a few of Verlisify's videos the past few days (I feel dirty even giving him views) and he's still hating on every aspect of the game. I wonder if he'll do a complete 180 once he has actually played it or if he'll continue the hate while secretly liking it.

His "business" (quotes because he's flopping now) model is hating on pokemon and GF so he'll never pretend it's good regardless of how he feels.

His "business" (quotes because he's flopping now) model is hating on pokemon and GF so he'll never pretend it's good regardless of how he feels.

Oh fair enough. I hadn't seen or heard anything about him for a few years so wasn't sure what he was like these days.

People say this game looks ugly but I don't think it looks that bad. Sure, maybe it could be better but I don't think it's as bad as some on the internet make out.
I like the art design. It don't think it looks so bad at all. If this game is any good, I'll definitely get it this Friday.

Well, technically he defended Let’s Go and SWSH to death, but that’s because online it was the controversial thing to do, he just does whatever drives clicks

My girlfriend said she was going to buy the game so I offered that I could order it for her so it’s here on time and she declined because she wants to get it herself and now I’m worried that I she won’t be able to play it on release day.

not wanting to wait is why I'll probably download it. I got my dock in so I can just play it in bed, and on my tv come midnight

My copy should arrive about one week after launch in the best case scenario.

I'm thinking about moving to digital on the Switch 2.

With all the new pre-order hype after the leak I'm worried I'm not going to get my pre-order bonus of a physical Pokéball replica from GameStop (Ireland), as it no longer shows on the website. I have no idea how these things work, whether it's a first come first serve basis when you collect the game or if the pre-orders are marked with which ones get the bonus and which ones don't. It's literally the only reason I went physical instead of digital. 😅

Man i dont remember ever having such an emotional rollercoaster before a release of a Game. When they first showed it off i was hopeful but also disappointed in the Graphics. Then after barely hearing anything about the game for so long i started to imagine the worst. I really thought this is gonna be a 70-75% game. It felt to me more like a Demo of what Pokemon could be one day.

But man the past days with all the leaks and the Gameplay trailer i really start to get hyped for this game. I still have a small question mark in my head if the gameplay loop really will be motivating but so far everyone who did play it seems to really love it so im hopeful. Cant wait to see real reviews.

I assume Lewtwo at least got an official copy(he seems to be the type to not tweet out about pirating it) but yeah its wild how openly people are talking about it at this point lol

I assume Lewtwo at least got an official copy(he seems to be the type to not tweet out about pirating it) but yeah its wild how openly people are talking about it at this point lol
I respect John Austin Plays for posting pictures of his store copies at least. he probably wants to be in Nintendo/TPC's good graces

Finally having proper mounts in a Pokemon game is very cool but I wish it wasn't locked to just special Pokemon.
Hopefully, the sequel will let you mount actual Pokemon in your party.
while Let's GO did it, there was a more limited range of animation and possibly sharing rigs. my guess would be that there a "saddle" rig to fit on a wider range of pokemon, but that would still limit what you can ride if some pokemon can't fit the saddle

Alright, leaks have me hyped. Time to pre-order digital.

Anyone spot any eshop card or digital pre-order deals?

Yea ok I'm officially all in after Austin's video and Laura Kate Dale's tweets. I already have my reservation time set at Nintendo NY. It's gonna be a hyped morn.

I think I'm in as well. I can't believe I'm buying a Pokemon game (haven't bought one since Red), and I can't believe I'm buying it for $60. Well done Game Freak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom