• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Pokemon Legends Arceus Pre-Release Discussion and Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they will go above the remakes

Im confident now it will. Reviews will probably be great, and WoM will be strong, I bet streamers will be playing this for years.

I think it will end up between BDSP and SwSh. It will have much stronger legs than BDSP and probably be an evergreen until the end of the switch's life, but I don't think it can beat SwSh without two versions and double packs and whatnot.

Im confident now it will. Reviews will probably be great, and WoM will be strong, I bet streamers will be playing this for years.

I think it will end up between BDSP and SwSh. It will have much stronger legs than BDSP and probably be an evergreen until the end of the switch's life, but I don't think it can beat SwSh without two versions and double packs and whatnot.
This is what we can hope. Also because, we won't get the "two versions" sales 'case it's just one game, so it can't sell more than SwSh. Many players buy both games...

Just hoping much higher than BDSP and LGPE

People buying both versions is negligible. This is a very small fraction of consumers. The real reason it won't reach SwSh numbers is because it isn't introducing a whole new generation of Pokémon.

Quoted by: Leo
People buying both versions is negligible. This is a very small fraction of consumers. The real reason it won't reach SwSh numbers is because it isn't introducing a whole new generation of Pokémon.

I always hear that and I always find it hard to believe. Double packs always sell very well (otherwise they wouldn't keep making them). Parents who have two kids feel justified buying one copy for each if they're "different" games, but I doubt they would do that if it's exactly the same game.

If two versions didn't have an impact on sales GF wouldn't have started to make two versions for gen revisions. Arceus doesn't have two versions because it's single player focused and communication features will be limited.

I always hear that and I always find it hard to believe. Double packs always sell very well (otherwise they wouldn't keep making them). Parents who have two kids feel justified buying one copy for each if they're "different" games, but I doubt they would do that if it's exactly the same game.

If two versions didn't have an impact on sales GF wouldn't have started to make two versions for gen revisions. Arceus doesn't have two versions because it's single player focused and communication features will be limited.

Double packs don't sell that well, it's mostly a launch thing. They have zero legs post-launch. They will keep making two versions because it makes sense in regard to how multiplayer focused these games are, but it won't really affect sales for Arceus.

One thing that's been annoying me so far is that I don't want to get BDSP, but I do want that Darkrai quest in Legends. I'm hoping the save data quests are released to everyone eventually, or I might have to track down a friend with BDSP and borrow their game just to get the save data.

Or not, it's not really that big of a deal, but it is annoying. I like Darkai

Man TPC/Game Freak really did a shitty job marketing this with the leaks in mind. They barely showed anything.
Like I said on Install Base, it might be a conscious strategy to let the game do the talking and surprise people.

We'll see how the game will do at launch and the following weeks.

Last edited:
That’s good to hear. I saw
the stater forms. Hated them
then bounced. Glad to hear they may be more to this than it seemed.
The starter forms also look waay better in-game than in the model rip, so people's opinions have generally turned around on that a lot (and would've likely started out positive if they had been revealed officially

Let's just say if they showed some of the leaked things it would have been higher
when we're talking launches as high as 2M in one territory, the work needed to boost beyond that would increase significantly. I haven't seen any leaks, but I'm gonna keep assuming it wouldn't boost it that much higher. who knows how NA and EU would fare with that though. I expect a similar launch to Japan

The starter forms also look waay better in-game than in the model rip, so people's opinions have generally turned around on that a lot (and would've likely started out positive if they had been revealed officially
I had a feeling that might be the case. At least
the one I wanted (typhlosion) was the one I hated the least. Lol
So we’ll see how it turns out in the final game.

I think Pokemon is one of those franchises where you can market a game in many different ways and not have that much of a change. It is SO well known, and really, if a 1:1 chibi remake of Diamond and Pearl have sold gangbusters, this one can too only by saying "Pokemon but kinda open world and you can capture Pokemon like in the anime". If the game is good, it will benefit its legs and that will be very important.

If the initial reactions based on the leak are as some mentioned here, I can see word of mouth giving PLA a reaaaally long pair of legs, DLCs notwithstanding. That said, me at the same time ...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Famitsu's preview article is up. Guessing western outlets will follow tomorrow.
Wait wtf is that an actual preview? Or is it just based off last weeks gameplay again.

Wait wtf is that an actual preview? Or is it just based off last weeks gameplay again.
The Google translate of the article seems like it's talking about a hands-on preview, but you know, Google translate

Even though the game's already basically blasted wide open thanks to the leaks, it'll be nice to get preview impressions to find out how the game might shape up in terms of critical reception and for those who aren't looking at the leaks to get some new information.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned but a few days ago, Spanish streamer Ibai Llanos announced that he had partnered with Nintendo to promote the game on his Twitch channel.

This is a pretty huge deal, considering he's ranked, I think, one of the top 3 streamers in the world. Nintendo are taking marketing this thing very seriously

I'm not sure if this was mentioned but a few days ago, Spanish streamer Ibai Llanos announced that he had partnered with Nintendo to promote the game on his Twitch channel.

This is a pretty huge deal, considering he's ranked, I think, one of the top 3 streamers in the world. Nintendo are taking marketing this thing very seriously

Did he say when he'll be streaming it? I'm guessing next week, but want to know if it'll be before or after release.

@Phantom Thief you see, they know what they are doing

Did he say when he'll be streaming it? I'm guessing next week, but want to know if it'll be before or after release.
I think he'll probably stream it the day of release. This is the clip where he said it

EDIT: In that same stream, he also mentioned something about another pokémon-related thing in his channel. Don't know if it's going to be a tournament or what, but it looks like a big deal.

EDIT2: In the clip he basically says he's partnered with Nintendo, he's getting paid for it, and if you don't like it go talk to Kojima. He'll also be cosplaying as Ash Ketchum because he's only played Gen 1 (?)

Last edited:
Don't know what purpose moving around will serve, but it's nice to see. Already more useful than DQ11 in that you react to moves
Another additional effort from the animation team as well since mons now track our movements dynamically across the battlefield (the same goes for NPCs, but it seems to be implemented already since SwSh).

Really? That's huge. Has Nintendo ever partnered with a streamer on twitch before for a game release? If so, definitely not someone of Ibai's stature. The only one North Americans and Brits probably know that are as big as Ibai is XQC and well, we know Nintendo never worked with him lmao.

Really? That's huge. Has Nintendo ever partnered with a streamer on twitch before for a game release? If so, definitely not someone of Ibai's stature. The only one North Americans and Brits probably know that are as big as Ibai is XQC and well, we know Nintendo never worked with him lmao.
I'm sure a bunch of youtubers will be all over it. Pokemon is a popular streaming game

I'm sure a bunch of youtubers will be all over it. Pokemon is a popular streaming game
No I know that. I mean direct partnership where Nintendo pays them to stream and promote the game. I know Nintendo has partnered with youtubers to make videos but Idk about about something of this caliber

I am glad I like the graphical style in this game, because I’m liking everything else I saw/read.

The only Pokémon game I have played was Yellow, back in the day, and I am preordering this.

Famitsu's preview article is up. Guessing western outlets will follow tomorrow.
Wow that's a really really positive preview, I love the line "throughout the series Pokemon have jumped out of the grass at you, this time, you're jumping out at them!" Sounds so fresh and fun

I have that feeling right now where I just want the days to fly by so I can play this game right now.

Haven't felt that way about a game in a hot minute. I just can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom