• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Pokemon Legends Arceus Pre-Release Discussion and Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
this bit of info is questionable but Khu said that there's an extensive post game. don't know if that's him making shit up or from the actual chinese riddler
I don't really believe most of these leakers tbh, it feels like TPC would keep this info under lock and key.

I don't really believe most of these leakers tbh, it feels like TPC would keep this info under lock and key.
I don’t necessarily believe Khu, but Pokemon is a pretty leaky series. Usually it’s random 4chan posts that end up being right though, not clout chasers. Hell this game already had a leak months ago that ended up being legit.

Khu isn’t playing messenger. He has some tweets where he collected info from “the Chinese Riddler,” but much of what he’s shared since is his own information I believe, such as the bizarre fact of Jasmine being the only character with a redesign in BDSP (which was a tweet that showed what the redesign would look like).

Last edited:
Is there precedent for news in the first week of the year? I hope we get a presents, but a blowout trailer plus previews seems more likely for the first or 2nd week

Is there precedent for news in the first week of the year? I hope we get a presents, but a blowout trailer plus previews seems more likely for the first or 2nd week
There's usually the opposite of precedent since japan has like 3 bank holidays that week or something

Well there's no precedent for a major game coming out in January
true enough, I really do think 1st week of january is the best time for a trailer. Since having a big trailer and previews any later than that would make it way too close to release/reviews, but we'll see

I think it just finally clicked in my head that this is out in less than a month, crazy. I'm excited for it but it's been a fairly slow-burning hype train, unlike some Pokemon games past where I'd be scouring the net for the latest news. I'm fine with that though.

The almost-inevitable leak season will probably do more for me than TPCi's marketing anyway.

Pokemon have done announcements multiple times before in early January, it's almost guaranteed we'll get something next week.

So this being a mainline game, how will sequels to this "type" of game happen? Will their be prologue-esque stories for other regions as well?

So did they ever show how you actually enter missions and swap between regions?

Is it really like Monster Hunter? The village would be like a hub, and when you talk with someone to accept a quest, you can start the mission, which teleports you to the mission map

On MH Rise there's just one village that teleports you to any map

On MHGU there's one village in each region, and you just teleport between then IIRC to then accept a quest and go to a map from there

Arceus' maps look bigger and more open than the MH ones though, so maybe there's a bit more focus on exploration, and maybe more objectives in a single session

In the August 2021 Pokémon Presents, (video tagged at 21:15 below) they talk about the mission structure which is similar to what I described above, but they show a map screen in which there's a section of the map highlighted, which suggests some kind of continuity. What I'm mostly curious is if the villages physically exist in the map or if it's also a separated teleport hub

Last edited:
So did they ever showed how you actually enter missions and swap between regions?

Is it really like Monster Hunter? The village would be like a hub, and when you talk with someone to accept a quest, you can start the mission, which teleports you to the mission map

On MH Rise there's just one village that teleports you to any map

On MHGU there's one village in each region, and you just teleport between then IIRC to then accept a quest from a map from there

Arceus' maps look bigger and more open than the MH ones though, so maybe there's a bit more focus on exploration, and maybe more objectives in a single session
I'm hoping for Xeno gameplay loop: free traveling between regions plus standing NPCs in regional hubs giving quests (on top of the NPC in the main hub Jubilife Village).

So this being a mainline game, how will sequels to this "type" of game happen? Will their be prologue-esque stories for other regions as well?
I feel like this is a testing bed for ideas that might get folded into more traditional entries going forward. But I wouldn't say no to Legends: The Original Dragon.

We should make our bets on when the next Pokémon Direct will happen.

Next week seems very likely to me 🙏

We should make our bets on when the next Pokémon Direct will happen.

Next week seems very likely to me 🙏

Next week for a Pokémon Legends overview trailer or Direct, followed by a general Nintendo Direct the following week

i'm betting it all

Hoping for a Legends-focused Direct, overview trailer, outlet previews, or something next week that will give more insight into the mission loop. Really excited for this, but the longer we go without really seeing much of the game the more nervous I get. Feels weird to get into the month of release and still not really know what to expect from the mission system. I'm sure we'll get something soon, though.

Also here are some images from a new Japanese commercial(no upload yet it seems)

not much new stuff here(outside of the super cute spheal standing on its tail thing, Growlithe beating your ass with rock slide, and a better shot of the volcano)

The more material I see the more interested I'm in the game (Still a bit disappointed in the fire started though). I just hope it does not stumble with the open world

Also here are some images from a new Japanese commercial(no upload yet it seems)

not much new stuff here(outside of the super cute spheal standing on its tail thing, Growlithe beating your ass with rock slide, and a better shot of the volcano)

really hoping we get a trailer on monday

Better upload here, it looks like all new footage in this ad (and brand new music too):

Last edited:
That seems to be a completely new theme unless it's been heavily arranged.
It reminds me of the festival plaza theme! Lol
Hitomi Sato is all but confirmed to be working on this game, so it makes sense.

The more material I see the more interested I'm in the game (Still a bit disappointed in the fire started though). I just hope it does not stumble with the open world
it's not completely open. so that might mitigate some of the potential issues. maybe

a bit of scale for the volcanic island. I wonder if it's possible to go inside it

RKBynLC.png

Going by Joe's twitter apparently a ps2 graphics debate started up again. Lmao can people literally ever talk about anything else in regards to this game?

it's not completely open. so that might mitigate some of the potential issues. maybe

a bit of scale for the volcanic island. I wonder if it's possible to go inside it

RKBynLC.png
The sense of scale is really good, specially in this shot. A huge improvement over the Wild Area. Also, it's clear now that Game Freak used Sword and Shield to gain experience in developing a more open Pokemon game.

I don't understand people saying it looks ugly. That screenshot is beautiful. It could be better, yes, but it's good enough for me. The background really does look like a japanese print, and I think that's an achievement. A big part of BOTW's beauty resides in its ability to create beautiful and interesting backgrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom