• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Pokemon Legends Arceus Pre-Release Discussion and Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commercial with some new footage, looks like Wyrdeer is pretty early game

Man it looks so good

EDIT: i wonder if that's proper portable footage or if they just slapped docked on that because it looks very clean

Last edited:
Why wouldn't she be?
I wasn't being serious. It's just something I always say to my wife when she mentions in passing someone I have not even heard or seen in god knows how long. Last week she mentioned the girl from Blossom and I said the same thing.

Lots of new cool attacks/animations(chimchar waking up was super cute) and that Zoroark shadow ball looked sick with the curve

Lots of new cool attacks/animations(chimchar waking up was super cute) and that Zoroark shadow ball looked sick with the curve
That's what popped out to me. Didn't feel like anything repeated. Everything looked unique

Noble Pokemon fights seem to have multiple phases between throwing items and normal battling it seems (4:52 - 5:14). Also at least the base camp functions as a Pokemon Center (healing) plus crafting and stuffs, but I'm not sure if boxed mons are accessible or only the active party.
Edit; also water surfaces have reflections now instead of solid colors.

Last edited:
The game is looking very good. Even though it was expected it would be polished from the start, it still surprises me how much they’ve improved the game since its reveal. I was afraid then they wouldn’t be able to polish it enough.

I should listen to Serebii more.

Man, this is what I always dreamed a Pokemon game to be. Ever since I got my Yellow game when I was 8.

This is how I felt it was when playing back in the day as well lol.

oh my god everything looks so good

Just watched the trailer on my QLED TV and it looks absolutely incredible. Love how more colorful it is now.

The game is looking very good. Even though it was expected it would be polished from the start, it still surprises me how much they’ve improved the game since its reveal. I was afraid then they wouldn’t be able to polish it enough.

I should listen to Serebii more.
that's just how games work

that's just how games work
I don’t know, we usually see games running really well and releasing like crap lol

Nintendo games, though, we can see they are getting better trailer after trailer. Still, I didn’t expect Legends Arceus to get this much better.

But I should have been more of a believer after the dramatic lighting changes to BDSP.

Looks like shadow ball is actually a homing attack in this game?

Man, this is what I always dreamed a Pokemon game to be. Ever since I got my Yellow game when I was 8.

This is how I felt it was when playing back in the day as well lol.

For real. The game finally looks like it's on the way to realize Pokémon's full potential, which is the grand adventure we all dreamed we could go on as kids. I'll definitely feel like a kid again playing this.

For real. The game finally looks like it's on the way to realize Pokémon's full potential, which is the grand adventure we all dreamed we could go on as kids. I'll definitely feel like a kid again playing this.
if they can keep teh sense of scale, at least. making a whole open region is a daunting task, so Legends splitting it into areas is the right call. how this will transfer to a more traditional pokemon will be interesting to see

Look, I don’t wanna be all “BotW has no towns”, buuuuuut it sure would be nice to see some interior areas. Some caves. Some dungeons. Would be nice to see that soon… >_>

You can also see openings at Mt Coronet and Snowpoint Temple on the map. Plus, surely the interior of Stark Mountain is explorable.

Can't wait to see how theu translaste this to a hypothetical Gen 9 or Gen X

We very briefly saw some caves in the new footage.

We saw a cave in the Crobat scene and the Froslass one

Yes, but ultimately I’m still concerned how much quality level design we’re gonna get. At this point we should’ve seen something that resembles meaningful design. If they’re really hiding everything and we’re going to get to experience it all firsthand in the game, then good for them. I always prefer knowing less if possible. It’ll be the best Pokémon game ever if that happens. But that’s generally not how marketing games works. Especially after releasing what is likely one of the final overview trailers.

We’ll see, but right now I’m a skeptic.

Thank you TPC, no one needs to hate me anymore.
From someone in a server I am in...

2:30 to 3:00 talks about how you can rest at base camp and there you can also help out Professor Raben (probably something else in Eng) and talks about the different Pokedex tasks you can do for a given pokemon to raise their research level. some examples from wurmple's: # caught, # of small size ones caught, # previously undiscovered caught (??), # defeated, # evolved, # times seen "poison sting"
kotobuki town:
  • item shop
  • crafting shop
  • pasture for pokemon you've caught
  • clothing shop
  • barbers
  • photo studio

not too much said in the voiceover that you can't really gather from what's on screen

FIdoiGoWYAEV6P-

From someone in a server I am in...

2:30 to 3:00 talks about how you can rest at base camp and there you can also help out Professor Raben (probably something else in Eng) and talks about the different Pokedex tasks you can do for a given pokemon to raise their research level. some examples from wurmple's: # caught, # of small size ones caught, # previously undiscovered caught (??), # defeated, # evolved, # times seen "poison sting"
kotobuki town:
  • item shop
  • crafting shop
  • pasture for pokemon you've caught
  • clothing shop
  • barbers
  • photo studio

not too much said in the voiceover that you can't really gather from what's on screen
There was a screen around that area where you made money from something, any idea what that screen is about? Its at 2:45-46, curious what that text says

Nintendo games truly buck the industry wide trend of release target trailer at announcement and look like dung at release. I know GF has a track record of…lackluster polish, but give it up for Nintendo once again coming through with underpromise and over deliver with design polish.

Image quality in the new footage seems really good for a Switch game, is it over 900p?
Probably not. Most likely a 900p - 720p dynamic range as usual. Most people tend to forget that 720p - 900p can look good

Xenoblade 2 Torna for example:

maxresdefault.jpg

xenoblade-2-torna-1280x720.jpg

Yes they're cutscenes but they're still only 720p and they look clean

Probably not. Most likely a 900p - 720p dynamic range as usual. Most people tend to forget that 720p - 900p can look good

Xenoblade 2 Torna for example:

maxresdefault.jpg

xenoblade-2-torna-1280x720.jpg

Yes they're cutscenes but they're still only 720p and they look clean
Yupp. 720p combined with the feudal art style of PLA is a winning combination I would say.

Game looks good. Wish I knew what they were saying in the preview though…

Thank you TPC, no one needs to hate me anymore.

Wow. The new trailer probably deserved its own thread it looks so much better because now even I'm interested and Pokemon isn't really my jam.

Anyway, it looks greatly improved. I think this is going to be big.

I don't really get what you actually do yet in this game even after this trailer.

Some details are a bit fuzzy but, if I understood it correctly from everything revealed until now, you accept a quest from a NPC, then you can craft things at a preparation camp and do the quest. New areas are apparently locked by a rank ("research level") that can be increased by completing those quests. The quests themselves are objective checklists, like catching and/or defeating certain Pokémon a specified number of times. So we will explore the maps looking to fulfill those tasks.

Not sure if the bosses (Noble Pokémon that became hostile) are special quests, but it makes sense to be so. Maybe they're one of the last quests you receive in a region, and a requirement for unlocking the next one.

Last edited:
There's what looks like a spiderweb ball and a mud ball. I guess the spiderweb prevents pokemon from running. Can't imagine what the mud ball is for. The trainer even looks to be using it against a ground type, which is weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom