• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Pokémon Scarlet and Violet — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: new trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do i feel like having an ed sheeran song in the actual game is a bad idea...
i hope in however many years some licensing issue comes up they can just patch the song out instead of delisting the game or something like that

why do i feel like having an ed sheeran song in the actual game is a bad idea...
i hope in however many years some licensing issue comes up they can just patch the song out instead of delisting the game or something like that
if it's original, TPC would own it

I don't get it. Unless I'm reading too deep into it, it sounds more like some of ya'll don't like him rather than just not liking his style of music.
i'm not familiar with him or his music beyond his popularity, but it's not surprising that niche forums like this have a dislike for "normie" stuff

Eh I think the song is alright, the music video is pretty cool though, I only wish we had more Pokeymans from other gens

Idc about Ed Sheeran and I think Celestial is an okay song, I just don't want it to become a trend for the usual composers to be snubbed for the sake of pop singers. Like imagine if instead of Emotion in gen 5, it was a Justin Bieber song

celestial is pretty alright, the piano reminds me a lot of green light by lorde which is phenomenal, ed's song less so lol

assuming it'll just play over the credits and i can live with that

Idc about Ed Sheeran and I think Celestial is an okay song, I just don't want it to become a trend for the usual composers to be snubbed for the sake of pop singers. Like imagine if instead of Emotion in gen 5, it was a Justin Bieber song
No one is getting left out for these songs

Ed Sheeran makes some of the most boring and bland music I’ve ever heard and if I wanted to if go listen to him anywhere else. Pokémon usually has music I actually like

They should’ve let Bjork do it

Last edited:
this would probably be a good one to start with since they're making quite a bit of changes to the game.
Do it man, this is the first open world game, you will be directly in the new era of Pokémon

I have not really followed this game but I have seen vague things come up, like coop and open world. So I may give this a go at some point. I’m getting into a mood of trying out games and genres (that I don’t normally care for) and finding out I really enjoy them ex splattoon 3.

Im Debating on picking this game up. Not really into the series and have not played a game since the original red and blue release. Might be a little nostalgia thing to try the game out and see how far the games have come.

I've heard quite a few people already say that S/V will be their first Pokémon game since 1st or 2nd gen, more so than I heard people say this about Sword and Shield... Curious whether this is because of better marketing or just a better appealling game overall.

I've heard quite a few people already say that S/V will be their first Pokémon game since 1st or 2nd gen, more so than I heard people say this about Sword and Shield... Curious whether this is because of better marketing or just a better appealling game overall.

To be honest i have ignored Pokémon since the original game and never got back into it ,but for some reason this one caught my eye. Could be they are shaking up the formula and trying for a new experience. Like I mentioned earlier, might be me trying to relive my youth in a way.

I think it's because this is the first time in 20+ years the games have loosened up about gym order and general progression outside of remakes, being the biggest formula refresh in the history of the traditional games. In gen 1, all you were forced to do was Brock first, Misty before Surge, Koga before Blaine, and Giovanni last. Then the Kanto section in gen 2 removed even more barriers, creating a pseudo-open world experience. After that, GF became increasingly authoritative with the overall structure. Now they're finally saying, "you know what, carve your own path, make your own story," which is the core appeal that made gen 1/2 the absolute juggernauts they are

I think it's because this is the first time in 20+ years the games have loosened up about gym order and general progression outside of remakes, being the biggest formula refresh in the history of the traditional games. In gen 1, all you were forced to do was Brock first, Misty before Surge, Koga before Blaine, and Giovanni last. Then the Kanto section in gen 2 removed even more barriers, creating a pseudo-open world experience. After that, GF became increasingly authoritative with the overall structure. Now they're finally saying, "you know what, carve your own path, make your own story," which is the core appeal that made gen 1/2 the absolute juggernauts they are
that doesn't fix the other problems the games suffered from over the years. SV could still fall victim to the ills despite being open

that doesn't fix the other problems the games suffered from over the years. SV could still fall victim to the ills despite being open
This is true, but it's still the biggest move GF has ever done for people wanting a nonlinear experience

Im Debating on picking this game up. Not really into the series and have not played a game since the original red and blue release. Might be a little nostalgia thing to try the game out and see how far the games have come.
I’d say do it. I was into Pokémon at its beginning but never got to play the games, fell off paying attention to it by gen 2, then years later played X as my first game. It was great because I had never seen most of the Pokémon, so every encounter was “what the fuck is that thing”, in a fun way.

(And now I’m way too old to be this into an IP for small children)

I'm sure good word-of-mouth around Arceus helped. Playing it definitely made me more excited for this game. Even if SV doesn't inherit all the mechanics, I'm sure it will share enough similarities to feel like a more streamlined game than SwSh.

Also additional what other people said: I think Legends Arceus made people give more hope into GameFreak now.

I haven't been following the reception of Scarlet & Violet too closely but the general consciousness around this game is pretty positive, right? It's a nice change of pace from the lead up to Sword & Shield which was overwhelmingly negative, even if the games did end up pretty subpar

The only thing I still see being brought up in a negative light is the graphics which is unfortunate considering how nice the art style for the games is - obviously the graphic fidelity could be improved but the art style they've chosen is so perfect for Pokemon and I wish there was more positivity for it

I haven't been following the reception of Scarlet & Violet too closely but the general consciousness around this game is pretty positive, right? It's a nice change of pace from the lead up to Sword & Shield which was overwhelmingly negative, even if the games did end up pretty subpar

The only thing I still see being brought up in a negative light is the graphics which is unfortunate considering how nice the art style for the games is - obviously the graphic fidelity could be improved but the art style they've chosen is so perfect for Pokemon and I wish there was more positivity for it

There's no Dexit to throw everything in a bad light. That certainly helps

not gonna lie..... I adored my time with Sword and Shield up until the end. Personally I couldn't care less about endgame, dexit etc.

It is probably my best Pokemon experience since Red/Blue. So naturally I am absolutely stoked about the potential of an open world Pokemon that takes some cues from Breath of the Wild. And I think many others are too.

Sword and Shield was actually in a decently positive light until Dexit came about. Then everything they said or showed became a joke. And mainly cause of the controversy of Dexit. Like it became cool to make fun of S&S all of a sudden.

Pretty remarkable seeing it happen first hand back then at E3

Yeah, I think its the first time in decades the reception seems to be overwhelmingly positive. We're less than two months away from the game and so far we haven't had any meltdowns, I don't even see that many people complaining about the graphics.

Pokémon fans aren't impossible to please, it's just that GF had been adamant in refusing to throw them a bone forever. Arceus was an amazing game, completely restored my faith in them.

dexit really buried all the actual problems with Sword and Shield. and those problems weren't apparent until the game even came out, so I can't say the lead up reception was all that accurate in the first place

the actual consumer response to Sword and Shield was very positive too, so it's not like there's much way to gauge what the wider reception is

Yeah, I don't play multi so I don't care less about Dexit, SwSh are just bad games.

Dexit just made people even less tolerant because of GF saying it was done in order to invest more into other aspects of the game and then proceeding to releasing the most unfinished feeling game they have ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom