• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Pokémon Scarlet and Violet — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: new trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Pokken 2 is happening anytime soon, as most of the leads moved onto Snap afterwards. Maybe within the next two years if they have any plans for it.

A full Detective Pikachu 2 reveal is definitely possible but Creatures' software pipeline has slowed to a crawl over the last decade and the pandemic certainly didn't help things.

Mystery Dungeon could be there, I guess. Might depend on whether it's another remake or a new game. The games were coming out every 3-4 years before Rescue Team DX.

I don't think Pokken 2 is happening anytime soon, as most of the leads moved onto Snap afterwards. Maybe within the next two years if they have any plans for it.

A full Detective Pikachu 2 reveal is definitely possible but Creatures' software pipeline has slowed to a crawl over the last decade and the pandemic certainly didn't help things.

Mystery Dungeon could be there, I guess. Might depend on whether it's another remake or a new game. The games were coming out every 3-4 years before Rescue Team DX.
I can see them announcing dp 2 for 2023 and a remaster of the first one before. But I would also be happy with a Mister y Dungeon Explorers DX. But I don't know if they want to announce any major game alongside S/V.

I think Detective Pikachu 2 being slow is due to Creatures doing a lot of experimentation with their game development pipeline, including adopting new tools and workflows. their mentioning of UE5, ray tracing, and machine learning aren't coming out of nowhere, I think, and DP2 might be the result of that early decision to explore new tools.

I think Detective Pikachu 2 being slow is due to Creatures doing a lot of experimentation with their game development pipeline, including adopting new tools and workflows. their mentioning of UE5, ray tracing, and machine learning aren't coming out of nowhere, I think, and DP2 might be the result of that early decision to explore new tools.
I think Detective Pikachu 2 is probably cancelled because there will not be a sequel to a movie that underperformed.

I think Detective Pikachu 2 is probably cancelled because there will not be a sequel to a movie that underperformed.
There's an interview/article by Creatures Inc. that mentions "the sequel to Detective Pikachu" and it's from this February.

Pokemon of the Dead
not exactly that, but close enough

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2022%2F01%2Fdaniel-arsham-reveals-pokemon-a-ripple-in-time-project-exhibition-tokyo-announcement-001.jpg

hoping for a chunky overview like the August Pokemon Presents for Legends Arceus (and the pointless DP remake)
This is a bit shorter than that one, but I guess they only need to do an overview for one major game instead of two this time.

I just hope they have some spin-off news too. Sleep and Detective Pikachu 2 are still alive, somehow; they've gotta show up eventually. If the next Mystery Dungeon is an Explorers remake this is the earliest time it could be revealed. Just another console spin-off after New Snap would be nice.

This is a bit shorter than that one, but I guess they only need to do an overview for one major game instead of two this time.

I just hope they have some spin-off news too. Sleep and Detective Pikachu 2 are still alive, somehow; they've gotta show up eventually. If the next Mystery Dungeon is an Explorers remake this is the earliest time it could be revealed. Just another console spin-off after New Snap would be nice.
another Mystery Dungeon remake would be boring as shit. especially if they stick to the rigid formula of old. MD needs a glow up

Oh well. So we are 2 years away from gen 5 rremakes =D (...)

No but honestly, i expect a trailer, some updates on mobile games, go and unite, and a limited edition switch/merch. and am only interested in the trailer to be honest.

A little off topic, i was rewatching old pokemon episodes on netflix last night, and in one episode, a bunch of people pull out real guns on ash, and just before that team rocket robbed a store with a machine gun. How did i forget this?

A little off topic, i was rewatching old pokemon episodes on netflix last night, and in one episode, a bunch of people pull out real guns on ash, and just before that team rocket robbed a store with a machine gun. How did i forget this?
Was it the safari zone episode? Thought it was banned but maybe that was just from syndication, back in the day

I know the talk for it died down pretty quickly but I'm still having a blast with Pokemon Puzzle League. Holy Farfetch'd this game is as addictive as I remember it. I'd be thrilled if they made a new one.

Bring on the Presents.

• Hopefully that Pokemon Go +++++ thing and Pokemon Sleep don't show up, they felt like fillers when Switch wasn't a success and there was a focus on mobile
  • Keep any mobile stuff light (Unite, Cafe) unless you are bringing back Pokemon Shuffle as a paid experience with all content in it :)
  • Can we get the Gameboy games and MAYBE the Advance games as standalone releases in eShop? TAKE MY MONEY!
  • Pokken 2, Detective 2 are welcome sure
  • Arceus DLC OR can we get an announcement for the sequel in Winter? Pokemon Legends Hoopa please!

It will be the best Switch LE yet and to make it worse it will be an OLED so it is more expensive :p
Yeah I'm just assuming it'll be a Lite cause of the last two Pokemon SEs. If it's an OLED I'd be able to resist. But Lites are cute little secondary Switch consoles that I kind of want but also don't want. 🥺

I would love for a Pokken 2. The first was a really fun fighter. The single player needs to be tweaked and I would love for some more diversity in the types of Pokemon that are on the roster.

Also Greninja please!

• Hopefully that Pokemon Go +++++ thing and Pokemon Sleep don't show up, they felt like fillers when Switch wasn't a success and there was a focus on mobile
  • Keep any mobile stuff light (Unite, Cafe) unless you are bringing back Pokemon Shuffle as a paid experience with all content in it :)
  • Can we get the Gameboy games and MAYBE the Advance games as standalone releases in eShop? TAKE MY MONEY!
  • Pokken 2, Detective 2 are welcome sure
  • Arceus DLC OR can we get an announcement for the sequel in Winter? Pokemon Legends Hoopa please!
TPC is making this video, not Nintendo. they're not beholden to solely promote Switch stuff

Pretty excited for this, I hope we get a meaty S/V trailer that confirms a lot of the cool stuff from the leaks. And just more info in general, since we're now only 3.5 months out

TPC is making this video, not Nintendo. they're not beholden to solely promote Switch stuff
Nintendo Directs also don’t have to promote only Switch stuff, it is just that rn Nintendo hasn’t that much to push outside Switch games lol

I burnt out on legends, but im really enjoying ultra sun. First time ive played any of the sun and moon games

Unironically hoping for more New Pokemon Snap news

If a new entry for Pokemon Legends announced, I'm hoping it's Pokemon Legends: Celebi with a historical throwback to Johto witnessing the destruction of the original Tin Tower. I want to be emotionally destroyed by the cutscene that delivers the origin stories of Entei, Raikou and Suicune.

Beyond the Switch games!, what else can we expect?
Beyond the Violet/Scarlet news, its going to likely be a mix of updates for Pokemon Go, Unite, Cafe, maybe TCG, maybe Home, and other ventures (maybe we hear about Sleep or another game/app partner)

I honestly think it'll be the same as the last few Pokemon Presents. It'll start with the mobile stuff (Go, Unite, Masters, and possibly even more Cafe Mix), new Legends content, and it'll close out with a (hopefully) substantial SV update.

There's always a chance that stuff like the Detective Pikachu game (if it even exists anymore) shows up, or a new side-game in the spirit of Quest but my dream announcement is that the team at Bandai Namco that did Pokken and New Pokemon Snap shows up with a battle simulator successor to Stadium/Battle Revolution, with a completely up-to-date Pokedex and a good amount of mini-games (which can be added-to in future updates)

One hour remains! Quite hyped honestly, getting the regional rat and bird would be enough for me but we'll probably get details on this future/past mechanic too.

Unironically hoping for more New Pokemon Snap news

If a new entry for Pokemon Legends announced, I'm hoping it's Pokemon Legends: Celebi with a historical throwback to Johto witnessing the destruction of the original Tin Tower. I want to be emotionally destroyed by the cutscene that delivers the origin stories of Entei, Raikou and Suicune.
If this doesnt happen i will be disappointed

Calling it Pokemon TCG for switch!

Edit: dang, maybe next time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom