• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread | ST23 August 2023 | Things get WEIRD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folded and bought an Armored Core Steam Key on sale to learn you can't preload Steam Keys, not a big deal I guess

Will have to make time to dig into it this weekend

okay I approve but like, why?

XjI92kD.jpg

okay I approve but like, why?

XjI92kD.jpg

Is Daemon X Machina good? Based on the first impressions of people I trust about AC6, the game seems to stray a little bit from its predecessors and be too "Miyazaki-zed" for my taste rn (apparently great on a whole lot of points, but also obtuse, a bit slow, unfairly hard, fifty tries to beat each boss etc) so I’m looking to play a good, fun mecha game that won’t make me wanna cry.
I can’t compare it to Armored Core since I haven’t played an AC before, but as its own thing I thought it was fairly neat and there were some levels I was quite into it, but ultimately I got fairly burned out by the end. I don’t remember the difficulty of DXM being too stiff outside of a few select missions. Usually I’d fail a mission by running out of ammo. I’m hoping the sequel will tighten it up a bit.

I remember playing Assassin's Creed 3 on my Wii U gamepad in bed once, and then I never again played a video game in bed.

November is shaping up to be great year for Switch releases for me, personally:

Super Mario RPG
Persona 5 Tactica
Star Ocean Second Story R
King of Fighters XIII Global Match
Flashback 2
Biomutant
Naruto X Boruto
Turok 3

But as a very greedy person, I'm up for even more games. I could do few surprise releases like we got RDR that month. Maybe Dark Souls 2 port? Never finished it, would welcome such announcement. Or some other remaster from Square? Parasite Eve 1-2 Collection? Now that sounds delicious. And I still want that One Piece Odyssey late port...
Just super Mario rpg for me. Tho perhaps by then Baten Kaitos, DQ Dai or fate samurai will be on sale for me.

There’s also the big question of when my most anticipated announced game Megaton Musashi wired will drop
Is Daemon X Machina good? Based on the first impressions of people I trust about AC6, the game seems to stray a little bit from its predecessors and be too "Miyazaki-zed" for my taste rn (apparently great on a whole lot of points, but also obtuse, a bit slow, unfairly hard, fifty tries to beat each boss etc) so I’m looking to play a good, fun mecha game that won’t make me wanna cry.
Enjoyed it, very anime and cheesy tho. Doesn’t require super heavy typing on normal difficulty. Been a while tho

oh my god I just saw this 🥺

i’m so so glad to hear that, that absolutely made my day

thank you!! i’m so glad you’re enjoying it!!!
Thank you for sharing them with us! They're the Pokémon meets Paper Mario through the Suswave filter tunes I never knew I needed.

It's amazing how we got three games as huge in scope and player freedom as Tears of the Kingdom, Baldur's Gate 3, and Starfield are in one year. We'd be lucky to get two of these in a single year, much less three. 2023 is unreal.

Thank you for sharing them with us! They're the Pokémon meets Paper Mario through the Suswave filter tunes I never knew I needed.
that is massive praise, thank you!!!!

also I’m not sure if the latest Switch update changed much but… I swear one of the Mii user icons just winked at me

surely I’m losing my mind

Have you tried the demo? I've never played other mecha games before, so I can't compare to any but I enjoyed the demo a lot, though dXm to me felt like something that would be really fun to play with friends, in a MH like way, but since no friend of mine picked it up I gave up on the game and did not buy it either.
Didn’t know there was a demo !
I can’t compare it to Armored Core since I haven’t played an AC before, but as its own thing I thought it was fairly neat and there were some levels I was quite into it, but ultimately I got fairly burned out by the end. I don’t remember the difficulty of DXM being too stiff outside of a few select missions. Usually I’d fail a mission by running out of ammo. I’m hoping the sequel will tighten it up a bit.
Didn’t know there will be a sequel !
Just super Mario rpg for me. Tho perhaps by then Baten Kaitos, DQ Dai or fate samurai will be on sale for me.

There’s also the big question of when my most anticipated announced game Megaton Musashi wired will drop

Enjoyed it, very anime and cheesy tho. Doesn’t require super heavy typing on normal difficulty. Been a while tho
Thanks mates, imma try the demo then and pick up the game if I like it (it’s very cheap anyway). Really need some good mecha action after being hyped up for AC6.

Haven't seen much chatter about it but Blasphemous 2 is looking really good. Currently mid-80s Metacritic on all platforms with a lot of reviews out there. Sounds like in general it's more metroidvania-y and gives you more options than the first, and while it's not breaking a ton of new ground it's a lot more of what made the first game great but with new features and refinement. I'm really looking forward to picking it up tomorrow:

EDIT: Whoops, video is age-restricted, but it's the IGN review by Travis Northrup

I really didn't like the first, so while I was aware of there being a successor, I can't say I care that much / at all. Looks too much like Blasphemous but more, haha.

If today's the last day you see me posting, i will let you know it's because i may have just ordered Armored Core 6 despite the Mrs. giving me a stare that unmistakably told me not to do that after she saw me checking out the game's product page on Amazon just earlier this week.

... I know i make her sound draconic, but it's really just a little fun jab ... and that she found me passed out sleeping in the armchair with the controller on the floor next toewhere i was sitting a couple of times already recently and just doesn't want that to happen more often.

But maybe i can soothe her worries but telling her that i'm almost done with Pikmin, so it's not that this will happen more if there's another game coming!

I wanted to buy AC6 and BD3 but with Starfield just around the corner I think I'll just finish all the games I've already started and grab a few months of Gamepass for Starfield, Sea of Stars and Persona 5 Royal. My next purchases will probably be Super Mario Wonder and Alan Wake II. For Detective Pikachu Returns I will wait for the reviews, the game is 37€ at several retailers in France.

I'm interested in a multitude of games in October: Assassin's Creed Mirage, Lords of the Fallen, Spider-man 2, Infinity Strash but these are the kind of games that will get big discounts in 6 months so I'm in no rush.

If today's the last day you see me posting, i will let you know it's because i may have just ordered Armored Core 6
Understandable, have a nice day. Or week. Or month. However long it takes.

i'm almost done with Pikmin
Shit I still need to finish Pikmin

I wanted to buy AC6 and BD3 but with Starfield just around the corner
At least you're more sensible than me, the fool who bought both those games knowing full well I wouldn't play them til later

Looking at the calendar, I have a voucher from TOTK so I might get Wonder (or wait for the direct to see). For the rest, maybe Detective Pikachu and/or DQM3. Everything else will be cheaper around black friday.

I'm probably gonna pick up Armored Core 6 once I'm done with both Xenoblade 3 and Nier Replicant. I'm almost done with both and I don't want the distraction.

Invite her to play with giant robots with you ❤️

She doesn't even want to throw rocks at Pikmin 4 enemies ...

I'm sure there's other games she's interested in. ... you know ... you ... knooow.

It actually won't be called Xenoblade anymore, it's gonna be Xenogun

It will be something completely new, it will be Xenoshield

XenoScarlet and XenoViolet

And coming soon, The Teal Xenomask.

Gamers: perpetually screwed by backlogs
I mean, fuckin' hell, I'm basically Switch only at this point (even had to drop FF VIIR on PC for the time being and have no idea when I'll get back to finishing it), serious gaming time for me is basically non-existent anymore right now.

The only freakin' game I'm playing somewhat regularly at the moment is Littlewood on Switch. 😂 It's the only thing I've got energy left for at the end of a given day.

And you know what? I don't even think it's too bad, because, at least in terms of gaming, I've stepped off the gas basically in terms of new releases, and it doesn't feel like I'm missing out that much, but rather get to enjoy what I've got time for all the more, if that makes any sense. Taking it nice and slow, basically.

Guys, I don't remember how to do the following: surely it has always been possible

I received a review code, but was a NA one, so I used my NA profile.
How can I download it ALSO with the EU account? I remember I used to enter the "download again" page of my EU account, but can't see the game there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom