• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread | ST23 August 2023 | Things get WEIRD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sus did you hear that Martinet is stepping down as the voice actor for Mango and Lassi? Wango and Walassi too. I wonder who’s taking over…..
I heard Wartinet took the job

At least part of the fandom has changed their stance on Lucas so it's cool to like him again lol
Yeah but when the fans I know started going back to liking Lucas, it was only as a comparison point by which they could trash-talk Kennedy. For all the reasons you'd expect. 😅

Wooooo energy savings day! If I cook myself inside my apartment between 4 and 6pm, I can save 15 cents on my monthly electric bill!

The funny thing about the sequel trilogy is that everyone goofed on Force Unleashed 2 for having DLC where everyone's favorite characters died and then they did it for reals.

Lava Lamp 2 is operational!
Lava-Lamp2.jpg

Finished mowing the lawn only to get stung in the leg by a bee
says a lot about the shitposts of the ongoing Nintendo forum community that i read the last part as “baybeeeeee”

What happens when you combine Elden Ring and the Wind Waker? We'll never know because Ubisoft cancelled it.

"Developers behind a recently canceled Ubisoft game were aiming to create a Polynesian action-adventure that combined traits from two all-time beloved games: the mystery-filled Elden Ring and Nintendo's sea-faring The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, sources tell Axios."

subWAH*

*no longer voiced by Charles Martinet

Last edited:
also if any of you have been enjoying my Grögol Bonanza album releases on Bandcamp, Apple Music, and Spotify, I’m pleased to tell you

that I cannot fucking sit still and I’m already several songs into the next one

Last edited:
We've still got over a week left until the 'Early Access' period starts, so they're likely going to be ramping things up hard then. Reviewers already have access to the game so we can at the very least expect a massive review blowout just before launch. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a live action trailer and a launch trailer as well. Anecdotally though I've had a fair few Starfield ads on Youtube, so there's some stuff happening.
From what I’ve heard, they only gave codes to select outlets (influencers, fan websites and a few hand-picked journalists). Some big websites, like jeuxvideo.com, didn’t got review codes. The second wave of codes will be distributed on August 31th, which is pretty weird because it means the journalists will be able to play at the same time as the first players.

It doesn’t mean that the game is bad, maybe Microsoft just want very positive reviews before the EA launches so they can get more of that sweet Early Access money, but it’s still not really normal. Another explanation would be that they feel the game will be better received by the players than the press, and they’re counting more on good word-of-mouth than the press to make it a hit. That could also explain the relative lack of communication for such a big release.

I've just accepted that outside of maybe half a dozen of the movies I don't have a lot of interest in Star Wars or the expanded universe. Andor is fantastic though.

I always liked George Lucas tbh
Me too. I also like the prequels. I really enjoyed those movies growing up and I like that they are so different from the OT. Lucas created some cool movies and LucasArts was an incredibly important game dev that made classic games (but he didn't keep Star Wars exclusive to LucasArts and let other devs make more classic games).

They Disney bought it and I don't care about it much anymore. Still like the older movies games/other media. But I've no interest in what the mouse does with it at this point.

Maybe some Ubisoft executive went to check on Immortals 2, saw that it was sailing the seas, and thought "Yeah, we're not falling into this trap again".

This is the first time I've heard about this... and after googling I am now sad that it never saw the light of the day :(
I never even had a PS3, but same.

One day when it all eventually comes to light, I'm gonna be there for that episode of DYKGaming/Cutting Room Floor. There's as much mystery in the development history of the project as there is about what the game was supposed to be about

A Totally On Time Question!

Weekly Question #3:​

What’s your favorite video game moment that wasn't Nintendo?

Not sure if this counts, but we grew up pretty poor with a single Mom. She worked her ass off and did a bunch of OT to get me a PSOne and Final Fantasy VII. I remember how emotional I get every time I hear the opening bells of the FFVII intro because of how grateful I am for my Mom. When the FFVIIR trailer dropped, I remember weeping like a baby.

Before the release of Tony Hawk's Underground, I participated in a THPS4 tournament at my local Game Crazy. And I won! First prize was a copy of THUG on whatever platform you wanted. That was pretty freaking cool for twelve year-old me. That's probably my personal favorite gaming moment.

Favorite non-Nintendo moment in a game: Sonic & Knuckles, the end of Hidden Palace Zone, where Knuckles realizes Sonic was the good guy all along and decides to help get him to the transporter, then the big lift into the gorgeous Sky Sanctuary Zone, complete with swelling music, then Knuckles collapsing shortly after and Sonic having to go it alone. Very satisfying story moment from a 16-bit game with zero dialogue. All show, no tell. Blew my mind as a kid and is still one of my favorite Sonic moments overall.

Favorite non-Nintendo (Nontendo?) gaming-related moment in life: September 9th, 1999. Yep, 9/9/99. Bought a Sega Dreamcast on launch day (still the only console I've ever bought at launch) and I was so excited about it that my dad told me to not take it into my room, but rather to hook it up in the living room so he could see what the fuss was about. I got to fire up and share the first half hour or so of Sonic Adventure, which was the first game I had actively followed development of, and had been following for a year (thank you, Electronic Gaming Monthly).

Last edited:

The opening race to every Forza Horizon game. They always pick the right song, the right car(s), and the right track to get you pumped for what's to come.

That's a really tough question.

As far as single moments go, I'm honestly thinking it might be the start of the post game in Dragon's Dogma. That was absolutely wild to go into blind.

Or possibly the abyss ascent from Hollow Knight.

Or maybe telling the Ultimate Joke at the end of QFG4.

Too many good ones

For anyone who played Halo 3 like a total deviant like I did in 5th and 6th grade, my favorite moment was being handpicked by Bungie to have my screenshots posted to the weekly Bungie's Favorites (the so-called "best of the best' tab for player-generated screenshots, clips, maps, and game modes) 3 separate times, across both Halo 3 and ODST.

I spent dozens upon dozens of hours experimenting with those in-game filters, different maps w/ different lighting, different weapons and explosives, etc. to capture as evocative stills as I could. Having my talents validated by the developers of my favorite multiplayer game of all time to this day, getting hundreds of thousands of downloads on my screenshots at the peak of Halo 3's popularity, and receiving hundreds of friend requests and encouraging messages as a damn elementary school kid who was just discovering his love for cinematography and filmmaking was an incredible memory that I will never forget 🥲

Weirdly this is the question that made me realise just how many games I've played. I think I'll have to go with figuring out visceral attacks were a thing halfway through ng+ in Bloodborne, it completely rejuvenated my excitement for the game after it started feeling like a slog.
Or just Undertale as a whole, phenomenal experience. Wept profusely at the end of the True Pacifist run.

yall this is not a drill

Babymetal just dropped a collab with
Tom Goddamn Morello

actually they dropped it days ago and I only just now picked up on it but still

Playing Vampire Survivors and I'm just standing in the middle of the screen because the build is so powerful the enemies can't get anywhere near me. It can't be stopped it is self sustaining now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom