• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread | ST23 August 2023 | Things get WEIRD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished Chapter 4 of Xenoblade 3

omg-wtf.gif

Didn't you say you're "almost finished" with the game? You've got ways to go, and not only in length.

Also, here's some water to cool down:

3obkla.png

How well does a Brita work? Why do I really really wanna try this now

Well dunno about the salt, but it should definitely make the water clean. And maybe a littlebit less salty?

I thought seatbelts were already legally required for gaming in every country.

Not in Germany. We only require seatbelts when gaming over 130 km/h.

I've played Pikmin 4 for about four hours after starting it yesterday.

Since last night, I've looked at everything I've done and wondered if it's good Dandori, so I think that means it's getting to me.

Guys, I don't remember how to do the following: surely it has always been possible

I received a review code, but was a NA one, so I used my NA profile.
How can I download it ALSO with the EU account? I remember I used to enter the "download again" page of my EU account, but can't see the game there
You need to download it with your NA account but then you can also play it with your EU account (as long as they're both on the same physical Switch)

Well dunno about the salt, but it should definitely make the water clean. And maybe a littlebit less salty?

Not in Germany. We only require seatbelts when gaming over 130 km/h.
But how could you know beforehand if the person will game above that speed? Shouldn't the gaming chair/living room couch/bed/toilet seat already have the seatbelt in case needed?

u can play it on your Switch? I think you need to log into your NA account and download the code from there. Then you can use your EU account to boot up the game.

You need to download it with your NA account but then you can also play it with your EU account (as long as they're both on the same physical Switch)

Mmm...I remember that I had to re-download it with the EU account, am I wrong?
and, if my EU account is shared with another console, will I be able to play the game on the second Switch?

thanks!

Y'all why isn't anyone talking about Steamworld Build getting a release date announced nearly 24 hours ago?

December 1st on all platforms and PC!

Mmm...I remember that I had to re-download it with the EU account, am I wrong?
Nope, you can only download an NA code from an NA eshop. But once it's downloaded, you can play it with any account.

and, if my EU account is shared with another console, will I be able to play the game on the second Switch?
I don't think you can use your EU account to access the game like that, it has to be the same physical Switch.

How well does a Brita work? Why do I really really wanna try this now
Water filters can't filter out dissolved material like salt. When salt enters water, the sodium chloride molecules split into sodium and chlorine ions (which I believe then combine with hydroxide and hydrogen ions, forming sodium hydroxide and hydrogen chloride). So you'd need the filter to molecular-level fine, which would also make it watertight.

QUESTION FOR eSHOP EXPERTS:

Is it possible to create a URL for the redeem page that automatically enters a download code? Something like https://ec.nintendo.com/redeem?code=MYC0DE1234 ?

I bought a code as a gift and it would be cool to turn it into a QR code they can scan or something.

Or is there another way to do this?

Nice to see there's more info about the new macross game, bad that Harmony Gold is still fucking around with the original Macross / DyRL license

Nice to see there's more info about the new macross game, bad that Harmony Gold is still fucking around with the original Macross / DyRL license

the name of this article made me immediately think there was a mass shooting at like Macross Inc.

What's left of their announced slate? We got Stadium 2 already. Mario party 3 perhaps?

They really should start adding 3rd party stuff already. It's been almost 7 years and Switch still has no Rayman 2.
PLEASE. Rayman 2 is incredible and I was never able to beat it as a kid!

So glad Microsoft made the right call with Baldur’s Gate III so it hits Xbox this year. Even though The Discourse is going to be fucking insufferable.

I'm sure this development will please the people online, but Xbox's credibility as a platform holder does suffer here in my eyes. You can't promise folks buying into the Series S feature parity and then stop sticking to your guns. That's a Yikes from me. (E: It also goes to show that they seemingly failed in making the S capable of truly delivering on that promise to begin with, which makes this whole scenario even worse to me.)

I'm sure this development will please the people online, but Xbox's credibility as a platform holder does suffer here in my eyes. You can't promise folks buying into the Series S feature parity and then stop sticking to your guns. That's a Yikes from me.
"We didn't mean all the features had to have parity, just that some of them would!"

It's gonna be funny when some rando with a hacked Series S is able to get splitscreen working in BG3 a week after release.

I'm sure this development will please the people online, but Xbox's credibility as a platform holder does suffer here in my eyes. You can't promise folks buying into the Series S feature parity and then stop sticking to your guns. That's a Yikes from me. (E: It also goes to show that they seemingly failed in making the S capable of truly delivering on that promise to begin with, which makes this whole scenario even worse to me.)
I guess they had no other choice here, because apparently Xbox engineers were working with Larian and they still couldn't get it working. Either they remove parity or the Xbox doesn't get the highest rated game of 2023 while the competition does. It's frustrating, but it is what it is.

I really didn't like the first, so while I was aware of there being a successor, I can't say I care that much / at all. Looks too much like Blasphemous but more, haha.
Well... yes, it basically is Blasphemous, but more! That's the idea! :p.

More seriously, it's very much in the same vein, so it looks like a game that if you liked the first one you're going to love this one, but it's unlikely to sway anyone who bounced off the original.

I mean, in the end most people with an Xbox will probably be happy to get to play it at all instead of BG3 skipping the platform entirely due to the parity thing.

A blunder on Xbox's part nonetheless.

I just don't understand how Xbox's strategy to build a smaller system that can run the same games, just at a lower resolution, included giving said system like 40% less RAM.

A smaller, weaker GPU I get. But less RAM? How did they think that wouldn't start bottlenecking and kneecapping games trying to run on both systems?

I just wanted to tell y'all I played a little bit of Earthbound for the first time in my life last night. It was trippy.

I'm looking forward to playing more this weekend.

I just don't understand how Xbox's strategy to build a smaller system that can run the same games, just at a lower resolution, included giving said system like 40% less RAM.

A smaller, weaker GPU I get. But less RAM? How did they think that wouldn't start bottlenecking and kneecapping games trying to run on both systems?
I wouldn't be surprised if the Series S was phased out sooner than later, and that's a shame. It's a really good budget console and works well 99% of the time, but I can see a new model replacing it similarly to the Xbox One -> Xbox One S.

I mean, in the end most people with an Xbox will probably be happy to get to play it at all instead of BG3 skipping the platform entirely due to the parity thing.

A blunder on Xbox's part nonetheless.
I don't know that it's really a blunder, just the best they can do with the situation, like Matt says here:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Series S was fased out sooner than later, and that's a shame. It's a really good budget console and works well 99% of the time, but I can see a new model replacing it similarly to the Xbox One -> Xbox One S.
And I think you're right, given comments like this:

I can only assume that it has to do with the idea of shared memory / VRAM and RAM being combined. They probably thought something like "well, lower rendering / output res means lower res textures / GFX on Series S equals less VRAM needed, which means relatively speaking there should be enough actual [system] RAM left to be somewhat equal to the X". Guess that that didn't work out quite as well.

I mean, we're talking about top class engineers here, so... leaves me even more baffled.

I don't know that it's really a blunder, just the best they can do with the situation, like Matt says here:

And I think you're right, given comments like this:

I wonder if a good middle ground would be dropping the Series X price to 400 and phasing out the Series S. The barrier to entry is higher, but Microsoft wouldn't be losing as much money and devs wouldn't be as frustrated. I wonder if it's worth the bad publicity though?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Series S was phased out sooner than later, and that's a shame. It's a really good budget console and works well 99% of the time, but I can see a new model replacing it similarly to the Xbox One -> Xbox One S.
And here's where Xbox's naming structures once again bug the hell outta me:

What would that system be called? Xbox Series SS? 🤣

The fact that they had to compromise in this way very much makes it a blunder in my book; one caused by a promise they probably never should have given to begin with, but that's obviously easy to say in retrospect / with what we know now. I'm sure they had the right intentions originally, but evidently failed to make it work without exception.

I essentially have my Series S these days for Halo and games that only come to the XBOX/PS, like Assassin's Creed. And even that I don't have much interest in because I've never finished an Assassin's Creed game, haha.

So with the news that BG3 is making it to Series X this year, my streak of first-time playthroughs since December last year through the end of this year looks to be:

God of War (2018)
The Last of Us
The Last of Us Part II
Metroid Prime Remastered
Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins
Hi-Fi Rush
The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Resident Evil 4 Remake
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Pikmin 4
Starfield
Baldur's Gate 3 (highly highly doubt I'll beat it but I'll play around)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder
Super Mario RPG
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Disco Elysium (got 15 hours in a year ago but I'll restart it on PC during the early Winter months)

And that's before the September Direct with potential shadowdrops. WTF, from December 2022 to December 2024, this will undeniably be the greatest streak of games I've experienced, especially if Switch 2 makes that holiday 2024 launch window!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom