• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A (digital) videogame calendar that uses artwork based on factoids for each day of the year, such as April 11th 2011 being the start date of Persona 4, and April 11th 2154 being Commander Shepard's date of birth.

look

I can spend all day tearing (most of) his movies apart for weak tropes, inherent manic pixie bullshit, and bad takeaways

but also I absolutely love his fucking execution and sense of filmmaking (and Nathan’s fucking musical range) to the point that some of those movies have a real place in my heart despite that

though personally I think Knives Out only slapped so thank the abyss for that one

Fully agreed with all of this top to bottom side to side. His body of work just speaks to me and I'm lowkey not too unhappy that his Star Wars involvement is taking a backburner in favour of more original stuff.

Getter Robo Daikessen has a legit jazzy/rock soundtrack for an obscure PS1 Japan only srpg licensed game with all original music(it also included every piece of getter material to that point and created a few new things that pop up to this day in Super Robot Wars)
Here’s a playlist of the full OST
Especially the full opening and ending themes

Definitely not what I expected but I like it! I'm not hugely familiar with Getter Robo despite loving some of Go Nagai's other stuff.

Same here. I'm happy to support Vanillaware with another purchase here. It's a special game, and I want to do my part to send the message that we want more of their work on Switch in the future.

I already tried the Japanese demo a month or two ago, and I was pleased with the quality of the port. It looks especially great on my Switch OLED.

That's very cool!

No reversible cover though..

Thanks! And aww, that sucks. Yeah, the Amazon exclusives were the worst to get and if you missed them they go for ridiculous prices from resellers, especially Corrin - Player 2… =/

They werent exclusive to a certainl retailer here in the nordics but it was a super small print and it was when my interest for amiibo was at it's lowest and Corrin never got reprinted like Cloud and Bayonetta did :<

Don't know if that'd qualify as "obscure" but I often listen to the Trauma Team OST while working so it might work for you
My sister loves the Trauma series, especially Trauma Team. Her two gripes with the Switch are no Soul Calibur and no Trauma Team port since she feels the game would translate very well to the joycon.
Same here. I'm happy to support Vanillaware with another purchase here. It's a special game, and I want to do my part to send the message that we want more of their work on Switch in the future.

I already tried the Japanese demo a month or two ago, and I was pleased with the quality of the port. It looks especially great on my Switch OLED.
I've always tried to support Vanillaware's releases since Odin Sphere on the PS2, but I skipped the PS4 13 Sentinels release since I didn't have a PS4 and couldn't justify purchasing it for one game. Thankfully I'm finally getting the game on a system I own!

My one regret though is my lack of OLED Switch; Vanillaware's games are perfect for portable play and Muramasa Rebirth, Dragon's Crown, and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir all looked amazing on my original Vita.

Double dip, yeah :) I'm excited to get completely soaked up in Ashitaba City and the gang once again <3
I’m double dipping digital but never got around to playing it on PlayStation lol. I’m looking forward to it as a big fan of ADV games.

Hardly obscure for this audience but adding to the previous recs. This is one of my go-tos when I need to focus on code for work.

The SMT4 OST is godly, but I'm not sure it'd work well for working, I'd find myself focusing on the music too much and jamming out a lot most likely.

Holy shit Fami, it's HERE!

Was pretty down when I woke up this morning but this totally made my day <3

nxAp7H3.png
Meanwhile mine hasn’t shipped yet :(
Fully agreed with all of this top to bottom side to side. His body of work just speaks to me and I'm lowkey not too unhappy that his Star Wars involvement is taking a backburner in favour of more original stuff.

Definitely not what I expected but I like it! I'm not hugely familiar with Getter Robo despite loving some of Go Nagai's other stuff.
Can’t stop is actually from the main guy in Jam Projext who’s been doing the Getter openings since Heats the second one for Shin Getter Robo Armageddon

The original 5 series Getter Robo manga story is some really good and wild stuff(Getter robo->G…15 year break->Go->Shin->Arc), tho Go is where it goes from iconic original combiner to legendary with cosmic horror with 2 of the OVAs being based off Go primarily(Armageddon and Shin Vs Neo).
The OVA’s are solid too, Armageddon, Shin Vs Neo and New Getter Robo are all standalone reimaginings with New pulling a Giant Robo Ova and being a tribute to all of Ken Ishikawa’s work. Arc is messy but full of heart, although it’s also the only one to directly adapt the manga and it adapts the last one before Ken passed(and was a miracle it happened at all), so it’s tough to recommend unless you’ve at least watched some other Getter shows or better yet read the preceding manga(which aren’t long by the way, most are 10-15 chapters Cept Go which hits the 20’s. No official English release but there’s fan translations out there). There’s also the quasi reboot manga from the Ultraman Manga/Netflix anime called Getter Robo Devolution that actually did get an English release but it doesn’t hit as hard if you don’t know the series. Amazing art tho
IRaqtrpE3Lo3YMcBbDAHJRzm69PG0HksXQ5YLUd04T8.jpg

Tho do want to clarify something, Nagai is the Cocreater who helped develop the concept of it being a combining robot(the first in fact) and designed Getter 2 and 3 but Getter 1 and all the story work and art was done by his former assistant Ken Ishikawa who was the one who really shaped the series( during the 15 year break he did a ton of historic fiction and a sci-fi saga. In fact a bunch of his designs from this period were used in Shin Getter Armageddon including Ryoma’s outfit being based off another character and reusing 2 villain designs). Actually Getter Robo Go happened because a Shin Mazinger attempt failed so Go proposed to Ken that he made a new Getter team for the anime(dynamic productions got most their funding through coproductions) and start a new manga entry.

Getter Robo is really fun because the team is mostly made up of antiheroes(the original team is a psycho karate master trying to clear his fathers name by beating the life out of those who tarnished him, a literal anarchist who took over half his school and was plotting the assassination of a politician when we meet him (after ripping off the faces of 2 traitors with his bare hands) and a random Judo captain they find in the woods) who are forced by a slightly unhinged mad scientist to pilot these jets that ram together to combine into a robot to fight the returned ancient empire of lizard men trying to wipe out the human race. And that’s just part one, we’ve got cyborgs created by alien technology, alien insects from the future, robot dragons, a robot made of the corpses of undead cyborgs, Gods(in New getter Robo ova), and the mystery of getter robot itself and the future horrors it may unleash. Oh and surviving the end of the world(Armageddon Ova). Plus you have to be crazy to pilot Getter and live(Go had an unhinged street fighter, a female sword master out to avenge her lobotomized cyborg brother and a mechanic)

Overall it’s a fun and wild ride. Skip the 2 old Toei shows they’re coproductions so monster of the week and way tonally lighter compared to the manga and ova’s(even Vs which is more inspired by their style while being closer to the manga stories). New or Armageddon are the easiest places to start anime wise. Also since the swap to OVAs as mentioned earlier Jam Project does all the awesome main themes, Storm is my fave

need music to work to, not to dance to
The SMT4 OST is godly, but I'm not sure it'd work well for working, I'd find myself focusing on the music too much and jamming out a lot most likely.
Can’t stop is actually from the main guy in Jam Projext who’s been doing the Getter openings since Heats the second one for Shin Getter Robo Armageddon

Also since the swap to OVAs as mentioned earlier Jam Project does all the awesome main themes, Storm is my fave

Weird intersection of all this: I actually used to listen to a lot of JAM Project at work. 😅

We have seen Splatoon 2/Xenoblade 2 also increase in sales during the past two months , getting a sequel soon boosts the previous game sells. (Also happened to Horizon Zero Dawn in PS4/5)

That plus the fact that BOTW was in the news again due to the delay meant a lot of people thought about giving it a chance both new Switch buyers or old Switch buyers that preferred other games as their first Switch games.

Things I'd like to see this week;
Indie World Direct.
New release date announced for the Life Is Strange remastered collection on the Switch.

Things I'd like to see this week;
Indie World Direct.
New release date announced for the Life Is Strange remastered collection on the Switch.
A lot of games still need release dates. In addition to LiS, I want Lara Croft 1-2 and Outer Wilds dates please.

Bear and Breakfast release date pls 🙏 The devs still confirmed first half of 2022 as recently as March 28th on Twitter, but that self-imposed deadline is coming up fast with two and a half months to go before we reach July

Does anyone know if Nintendo likes to talk about stuff before their fiscal year earnings releases? I'm really hungry for Splatoon 3 news 😅
Well, I can't remember if they ALWAYS do it, but they announced the Kirby and the Forgotten Land release date, like, 1,5-2 weeks prior to the last investors meeting? Might be a similar situation here potentially.

Bear and Breakfast release date pls 🙏 The devs still confirmed first half of 2022 as recently as March 28th on Twitter, but that self-imposed deadline is coming up fast with two and a half months to go before we reach July
Oh, I forgot about this! Such a lovely management game that was. A cute combination of Berenstain Bears and The Sims. Devs can take all the time they need to perfect the game, I can wait.

The ending sequence from Quest for Glory 4 might be my favorite ending sequence in gaming. Everything about it is perfect, the buildup through each of the rituals, the scale and amount at stake, the emotional gut punch, and to top it all off, the fact that the game knows not to take itself too seriously to the extent that the only way to beat the final boss is to tell him a joke.

It's just perfect.👌

Oh yeah, also the music, which is what brought it up in my mind in the first place.

It’s not only Nintendo that has been slow with their news all major companies haven’t announced anything almost in April. Only majors news have been UE5 stuff and it’s just all these companies will use it + new Tomb Rider and also KH4 but that ain’t dropping until 2025 at best. It’s a slow season sadly.

If we were to get an indie world, what indies that have not been announced for Switch would people like to see? I have been hoping Below would come to Switch at some point, also, Battleblock Theatre remastered would be a cool announcement after getting Castle Crashers.
Faster Than Light.

If we were to get an indie world, what indies that have not been announced for Switch would people like to see? I have been hoping Below would come to Switch at some point, also, Battleblock Theatre remastered would be a cool announcement after getting Castle Crashers.
Valhaim is my top wanted indie on Switch. Other than that, a similar creative game to Valheim, Satisfactory is my second after that. But considering both games are published by Embracer subsidiaries, they might not be on a Indie Direct if they ever get ported.

Valhaim is my top wanted indie on Switch. Other than that, a similar creative game to Valheim, Satisfactory is my second after that. But considering both games are published by Embracer subsidiaries, they might not be on a Indie Direct if they ever get ported.
That didn't stop Ori and Cuphead from being featured. That being said, Valheim would 100% be at a general Direct, it's a very popular game.

Inscryption would be cool.

I'm a little mixed on the story/characters but my god it is gorgeous looking. It feels like the technology has already improved just 3 years since Spider-Verse.

Oh yeah, it’s amazing that it keeps that level of quality for its entire season, too. Really curious to see what’s next.

Okay, so, umm, in Apollo Justice, Phoenix is kind of drawn to be a bit of a hunk. It's kind of distracting how different he appears compared to his original trilogy.

Friendly reminder that you can collect Gold Points from physical games that aren't older than a year

/dabs out
Two years in Europe.

Might give this a watch on the weekend. It's one of the many, many TV shows (and movies) I want to watch but, of course, "just haven't gotten round to yet."

Though, is it worth it as someone who has literally never touched another League of Legends thing?
yes definitely. I've never played League and never will, but it requires zero knowledge of that to jump in and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom