• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Logging into famiboards be like
idiots-idiot.gif
ba7b9b18e0c3df688a2d6e89b0187376e9f0212c.png

Here's some intelligence for you.

lttp, kinda

img_5984h2kur.jpg
Wait, Gulf region has their own age rating on Nintendo published games? I remember they were using ESRB in UAE.

That's interesting because PEGI once rejected the idea of unified Balkan age rating under their supervision because Balkan nations are not rich enough.

Wait, Gulf region has their own age rating on Nintendo published games? I remember they were using ESRB in UAE.

That's interesting because PEGI once rejected the idea of unified Balkan age rating under their supervision because Balkan nations are not rich enough.
this new rating system has been a thing for... 3 years now? it's only on the box tho, the game cart in the cases always have ESRB ratings on them. so the games are always NA region (not that it matters for switch games).

The internet at my house is so bad that sometimes I’ll bring my Switch to work to download games on company Wi-Fi lol.

Less than two hours to install Lego Star Wars. Would have taken 12+ hours at home.

PLA is currently 40€ on amazon.de — why are they doing this to me, I just got BD2, smh.

The internet at my house is so bad that sometimes I’ll bring my Switch to work to download games on company Wi-Fi lol.

Less than two hours to install Lego Star Wars. Would have taken 12+ hours at home.
You live in the interior or...?

I want to clock a sportsmate with a bowling ball, get that nice backthrow in, first order of business

Judging by the previous Mario sports titles this generation (and really for the past decade or more), I expect it’ll be pretty barebones.
Much like Breath of the Wild, Mario sports games make up for this in replayability.

How does this compare to Breath of the Wild?

You know, since they're both obviously comparable.
I don't know, but I hear there's a lot of wild to it, and the environments on the cover seem to back that up.

That game's got to be wild.

It’s gonna be mid to high 70s, 80 will be the ceiling but I doubt it’ll get there.
I'm hoping it's such a fully-and-well-realized package, packed with so much quality, that it manages low 80s, but I am kind of doubting that -- at least at release -- so, yeah, 70s sounds likely. At least the base gameplay should be good.

The thing is: what does a Mario sports game has to have in order to "not" be barebones? Sports games tend to be pretty simple in nature. It's meant to be played on multiplayer or online. There's an 8 player mode, an online mode with club competition... There will be a variety of stadiums, characters, items and special moves just like the previous entries... So what could the game have in order to be a more complete experience? Like a career mode, "build a player" or such?

Last edited:
I don't know, but I hear there's a lot of wild to it, and the environments on the cover seem to back that up.

That game's got to be wild.
Much like my life.

Did I just indirectly compare my own life to Breath of the Wild?

Yes.

I'm going to have to write a GameSpot article on this...

Mario Strikers is the king when it comes to Mario Sport games , I expect it to have a higher standard of quality than the other Mario Sports because it’s a much bigger deal (especially in Europe where Nintendo has been pushing to grow this gen) , NLG is a much bigger studio than Camelot and in the direct it showed that at least the online aspect it was a lot more complete package that Aces/Golf with the Clubs giving it even some esports potential. This is anecdotal evidence but I have seen much more hype for Strikers here in Spain than for any Mario game outside of Odyssey this generation with people wanting it to release to create Clubs and compete against each other.

Judging by the previous Mario sports titles this generation (and really for the past decade or more), I expect it’ll be pretty barebones.
I think Next Level would get a lot more leeway than Camelot thanks to being a studio that makes better selling games

The thing is: what does a Mario sports game has to have in order to "not" be barebones? Sports games tend to be pretty simple in nature. It's meant to be played on multiplayer or online. There's an 8 player mode, an online mode with club competition... There will be a variety of stadiums, characters, items and special moves just like the previous entries... So what could the game have in order to be a more complete experience? Like a career mode, "build a player" or such?
Preach.

I think of them like fighting games. What matters is that the core gameplay is good enough that the multiplayer is an enticing battlefield. Everything else is gravy.

Alright. You know what? I'm done with these Breath of the Wild comparisons.

If I ever make one again, it'll be in the thread that I specifically made for that sort-of thing anyways.

:p

Gotten a headache but that didn’t stop me from enjoying hot wheels unleashed this morning. I will continue through New Pokémon Snap.

I will defeat you backlog

If Nintendo acquires Camelot they should rename them to Mario! Software Planning for pettiness' sake.
I wonder what Camelot is developing right now there is only one possible Mario Sports Switch game left that would make sense and is Mario Baseball, and while I'd personally to see it (It's my second favorite Mario sports game and we haven't got on for a while) it doesn't seem at least to me that's what they are working on, will we see the first Camelot non-Mario Sports game since 2010? Or are they developing the first Mario Sports game for the Switch Pro/2/Super (which would make sense they release one every 3 years so it would be a 2024 title)? It's going to be interesting at least due to being the first time in over a decade that the next game isn't for sure a Mario Sports game.
edit: Also forgot to say that Mario Baseball developers were Namco / Bandai Namco not Camelot so if made there is a chance Nintendo would contract Bandai Namco

I wonder what Camelot is developing right now there is only one possible Mario Sports Switch game left that would make sense and is Mario Baseball, and while I'd personally to see it (It's my second favorite Mario sports game and we haven't got on for a while) it doesn't seem at least to me that's what they are working on, will we see the first Camelot non-Mario Sports game since 2010? Or are they developing the first Mario Sports game for the Switch Pro/2/Super (which would make sense they release one every 3 years so it would be a 2024 title)? It's going to be interesting at least due to being the first time in over a decade that the next game isn't for sure a Mario Sports game.

If Mario Baseball exists, it's going to be made by Bandai Namco again, I think. But I couldn't tell you what Camelot is working on. I suspect it depends largely on what Nintendo's long-term plans for Switch software are.

I’m wait and see for Mario Strikers.

The first two games were extremely barebones. Worst then the current Switch Golf and Tennis games.

Hopefully I’m wrong, but the initial roster reveal is worrying.

Bumblefuck North Carolina. Best I can get is 3mbps.
Where in Bumblefuck, roughly? I am from the Bumblefuck area of NC myself, and my non-biological Uncle specializes in getting high(er) speed internet for folks out there.

I had the worst headache I've ever had last night, felt the throbbing in my inner ear even. Combined with nausea, stomachache, and brief chills, it was pretty miserable, but I woke up feeling completely fine??? Slept 13 hours though.

Anyway, what are we thinking Nate's bit of good news will entail in the podcast tomorrow?

I had the worst headache I've ever had last night, felt the throbbing in my inner ear even. Combined with nausea, stomachache, and brief chills, it was pretty miserable, but I woke up feeling completely fine??? Slept 13 hours though.

Anyway, what are we thinking Nate's bit of good news will entail in the podcast tomorrow?
At first i thought you were asking Nate about your headache lol

Mother 3 🥲

Prob TP and WW will be on the system this year to compensate
Mother 3 is not a thing in the modern era.

It will never happen.

Give me a 100 respectable insiders with knowledge of Nintendo saying that Mother 3 is in production or that "Nintendo is just sitting on it" and I still wouldn't believe it.

if the news isn't about how Donkey Kong is finally releasing this year, it can't possibly be good news;
Depends of what kind of Donkey Kong game it is. Would you call another one of those Jungle Climber game with horrible control scheme good news?

Wonder what Paon is doing these days. If they want to work with Nintendo again it should be for another Glory of Heracles game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom