• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be actually two new versions, one called Drake, the other called Josh.

knee slap
shock-shocked.gif

I am pleased to announce that a mistake has been rectified and now Quaxly is leading the poll, as it's intended to.

Now we just need the price leaked, since this Nvidia situation is seeming to prove the rumors were right all along.
Turning a big dial that says "Switch 2 Price" on it and constantly looking back at the audience for approval like a contestant on The Price Is Right.

Wait what? I saw that leak that implied a Switch 2 is coming, but what makes people think it's coming this year? Or did I miss something? Is this a Switch Pro, not 2?

Wait what? I saw that leak that implied a Switch 2 is coming, but what makes people think it's coming this year? Or did I miss something? Is this a Switch Pro, not 2?
We have no idea what it'll be called.

Rumors suggest this year with the chance of slipping to early next year. The recent leak mainly only just gave us confirmation of some previously rumored info.

We don't know yet, it depends on how Nintendo decides to market it. Since it matches/confirms information from Bloomberg's reports and Nate's info about the dev kits, late 2022/early 2023 seems plausible. Nothing is for certain tho

If it's coming this year, and it's launching alongside Zelda, it must be November. The announcement should happen like 2 or 3 months earlier.

I'll only believe in all this if Square Enix puts out a trailer for Dragon Quest XII and says it's coming to the Switch Drake.

Last edited:
When there’s a Pokémon game it always takes the November slot. I think Zelda is more likely an October game.
Switch hardware revisions usually launch in September/October so this tracks.

What if Xenoblade 3 was delayed to be close to this new hardware that it's going to take full advantage of?

When there’s a Pokémon game it always takes the November slot. I think Zelda is more likely an October game.
Switch hardware revisions usually launch in September/October so this tracks.

What if Xenoblade 3 was delayed to be close to this new hardware that it's going to take full advantage of?

So it would emulate the OLED Switch cycle. An announcement a few weeks after the June Direct, and an October release. Makes sense

Ideally, we record tonight and have it out tomorrow. Unsure if we'll be able to schedule a recording tonight, at the moment. The latest I intend to have the episode available is by Thursday morning.
Sounds great, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the release date

Ideally, we record tonight and have it out tomorrow. Unsure if we'll be able to schedule a recording tonight, at the moment. The latest I intend to have the episode available is by Thursday morning.
Nice! Looking forward to it. Hope you’re having a great week.

the only reason I would consider updating is if

a) there are exclusive games that excite me (including any and all souls-shenanigans because look, really, I would play sub-30fps sub-720p Elden Ring if it meant it was on a Switch

or

b) my switch ate gravel

or if the design is kooky in a way that is both good and fun, or if there’s some really special secret something that makes it mega-neat, or if any other cascade of justifications can be weaseled out of my mouth

Awesome! That's exciting! Can't wait to hear your input on the matter

I am pleased to announce that a mistake has been rectified and now Quaxly is leading the poll, as it's intended to.
There’s still no none option
the only reason I would consider updating is if

a) there are exclusive games that excite me (including any and all souls-shenanigans because look, really, I would play sub-30fps sub-720p Elden Ring if it meant it was on a Switch

or

b) my switch ate gravel

or if the design is kooky in a way that is both good and fun, or if there’s some really special secret something that makes it mega-neat, or if any other cascade of justifications can be weaseled out of my mouth
I’m still running on a launch switch so I’m due for an upgrade budget allowing

I’m still running on a launch switch so I’m due for an upgrade budget allowing
I’m running an early 2018 Switch, so… yeah, similar circumstances. I just don’t feel compelled to get a new thing until it’s worth it to me or the thing I already have breaks. Partially due to cost but also just because I try to get the most I can out of something before updgrading.

all that said, I did have a shred of tech envy with the OLED. the stand and screen ratio appeal to me a lot. but I will ride out my Switch for as long as I can.

again unless there’s something about it that slaps harder and compels me, or a bunch of games I really want on Switch will only run there

If Tales of Arise gets announced to the Drake, i might actually finish it this time lol. I bought the game on my Series S, but i quickly realized how painful it is for me to play most games in a non-portable way nowadays

Last edited:
Now I'm picturing a Goron-themed Switch

Wasn't the road that ended up with the OLED actually the Aula datamine, though?
I don’t know, I honestly don’t pay super close attention to these hardware leaks and rumors. All I know is I remember the community hyping themselves to bits because Bloomberg and Nate both said the 4K Switch was coming the week before e3 last year, and lo

This feels very similar to last year

I don’t know, I honestly don’t pay super close attention to these hardware leaks and rumors. All I know is I remember the community hyping themselves to bits because Bloomberg and Nate both said the 4K Switch was coming the week before e3 last year, and lo

This feels very similar to last year
Well last year we had word of mouth from developers that they were expecting to have their games ready in 2022. Even Nate said on a podcast (IIRC) that he was surprised to hear the buzz around an e3 release because everything he had heard pointed to 2022 at the earliest. The wires just got crossed between "new Switch hardware announcement imminent" (which was true) and "new Switch hardware is the one Nate, Bloomberg, and the devs have been talking about" (which wasn't true).
Plus this time we don't have word of mouth, we have ᴄᴏᴅᴇ.

none pokémon with left beef

totally ready to play the "procuring a pre-order for the new video game hardware" game this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gamecube NSO pls Nintendo

Chibi Robo is $200 to $270 CAD for a loose disc on ebay 😭
We had a perfectly functional DS Virtual Console on Wii U and yet they didn't re-release Park Patrol, which was doomed of being a Wal-Mart exclusive originally.. 😬

I’m taking these latest hardware rumors with a gigantic rock of salt because we’ve been down this road before and ended up with the OLED
This particular leak is 100% accurate, it was from a cyberattack on Nvidia.

It has no indication of when it'll release though.

Just had a shower thought about Miis: can a third-party developer use the system's Mii function without Nintendo's permission? Or at least read information from the Mii library?

Now we just need the price leaked, since this Nvidia situation is seeming to prove the rumors were right all along.
I think the price is going to be the biggest factor on the new switch sucess long run (I expect them to sell out in less than 5 min in release date no matter the price) OLED version is already quite expensive at 350 , would it be 400? that would compete directly with PS5 DE

Just had a shower thought about Miis: can a third-party developer use the system's Mii function without Nintendo's permission? Or at least read information from the Mii library?
Technically they probably can but legally they probably can't

Back on the Wii, there were plenty of 3rd Party games that used Miis as avatars.. but I do think Nintendo need to be at least aware (not directly involved on the integration);

In order to even qualify to purchase a Switch 2, you're gonna have to earn enough Platinum Points. You are better start grinding out those missions on your Switch.

In order to even qualify to purchase a Switch 2, you're gonna have to earn enough Platinum Points. You are better start grinding out those missions on your Switch.
Only for them to launch preorders for it 7 months from now and have that first wave’s worth of your points expire, thus preventing you from reserving it.

Anyone here use the Hori split pad pro’s? I’ve been considering getting myself a pair but the only thing that puts me off is the lack of gyro and rumble, are they a good investment without those features?

What about the ones from Binbok? I have heard they have all the Joycon features but they seem to be a bit pricey in the UK…..are they good?

Last edited:
Back on Era or maybe GAF, I don't really remember, there was a thread about missing crucial mechanics in video games. And one example that particularly stuck with me was this person who didn't realize they could run in Resident Evil 4. As someone who counts RE4 as one of their absolute favourite games of all time, it blew my mind. I've beaten it several times and think it's reasonably challenging as is, the thought that someone played it and didn't think there was something wrong with it was hilarious.

Today I realized that I am the guy who doesn't know how to run in Resident Evil 4. To preface, I've finished Dark Souls 1 and Sekiro and made it reasonably far into DeS, DS2 and Bloodborne but eventually dropped them. I am now 20ish hours into Dark Souls 3 (my second attempt at the game) and had several "oh shit" moments about things I should have known:

• I forgot about Embers and beat pretty much all bosses until Pontiff Sulyvahn in hollowed state. The reason why I remembered this mechanic was because I was still rekindled from the Yhorm boss fight and "accidentally" summoned an NPC to help me.
  • I went up to Anor Londo without realizing that I had been fat rolling the entire time in my Lothric Knight set.
  • I'm running a strength build and only just now, in the Consumed King's Garden, noticed that I can basically break most guards in 2 hits.

All this time I thought I was playing Dark Souls like this

guts-in-front-of-dragonslayer-from-berserk.jpg

Turns out I was actually

Jzim5Or.png

Only those who have collected 900 korok seeds in BOTW 1,000 moons on Odyssey, 100% Dread run on instant kill, and birdies on all holes of Super Rush will get first dibs on a Switch 2 pre-order.

For like the first 20 hours of Xenoblade 1, I knew I could fast travel on the current map but I didn't know there was a way you could fast travel to any location from a previous area. To get back to previous locations, I literally fast traveled to the entrance/exist of the current area. Left to the next area. Fast traveled to the other exit, then loaded up the next area, etc.

Then I found out that a separate button just lets you fast travel to anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom