• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My other thoughts on the game aside, Elden Ring has probably the most awe-inspiring open world I've ever seen. I'm hopeful that with 5-6 years of development and using the same map Breath of the Wild 2 is able to replicate some of that same wonder.

Breath of the Wild is still my personal GOAT but I really wish the open world had more to find and more rewards for exploring.
Elden Ring is basically exactly what I want a BOTW2 open world to be, just obviously done through a "Souls" lens rather than a "Zelda" one. Keep all the physics craziness, NPCs, quests, awe, and mysterious places and such from BOTW1 and add in a new story and a bit of a plot (since that's something Zelda can do that Elden Ring doesn't much and leans more on lore).

But then, and this is the biggest #1 thing: Dungeons. Elden Ring has a gorgeous open world full of cool stuff, but also has classic massive Souls dungeons in it, but even bigger and better. I want BOTW2 to be like that. Imagine running around BOTW's world, and stumbling across like... say, the Spirit Temple in OoT in the middle of the desert, and it's a full-on massive dungeon. Maybe they'll have to be more like Hyrule Castle in BOTW due to how the physics and climbing works now, but that was still a great dungeon! I want more like that, themed around areas and environments, and then it'll be pretty much perfect IMO.

This is probably the wrong forum to say this in but personally I'm probably more excited right now to (eventually) play Elden Ring than I am to play BotW 2.

This will likely change when we know like literally anything more about BotW 2.

Look at this chonker! This is what every Pokémon starting cat should look like. (This is the neighborhood cat who has really packed it on this winter)
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Last edited:
This is probably the wrong forum to say this in but personally I'm probably more excited right now to (eventually) play Elden Ring than I am to play BotW 2.

BoTW is my favorite game and yet I'm more tangibly excited to play most other big upcoming games than BoTW2. I need more information to get excited about games than what we've gotten so far from BoTW

No surprising as it’s the game that already released and the game we know nothing about

Nothing wrong with that. We barely know anything about Breath of the Wild 2. Elden Ring is fully available. Pacing your hype is good in general.

Hard to be excited for BOTW 2 when it’s only trailers are very much just teasers.

Only general excitement comes from that fact its a BOTW sequel. Even then, there’s a limit to that excitement.

If Nintendo can deliver a trailer on par with this for BotW2 it’ll blow anything else out of the water.

So Switch Pro/2 is totally coming this year, right? I can't see it coming next year after so many blockbusters release this year. It's coming this year or it's coming in 2024.

I'm pretty sure Elden Ring is just a taste of what botw2 is going to be like.

I just don't have the imagination to grasp how sky islands + reusing the existing landscape is enough to recapture what I loved about the original. I don't doubt it'll be a good game, but we simply don't know enough right now. How can give me any of that Elden Ring satisfaction if I'm just looking around at the same Hyrule that's been etched into my brain since 2017 :eek:

What can Zelda learn from Elden Ring?

IGN joke aside, this on paper feels like a worthwhile conversation, but it'd quickly devolve into people hating on destructible weapons, stamina climbing requirements or similar, essentially asking to rip out Breath of the Wild's identity and turn it into a From game.

I just don't have the imagination to grasp how sky islands + reusing the existing landscape is enough to recapture what I loved about the original. I don't doubt it'll be a good game, but we simply don't know enough right now. How can give me any of that Elden Ring satisfaction if I'm just looking around at the same Hyrule that's been etched into my brain since 2017 :eek:

IGN joke aside, this on paper feels like a worthwhile conversation, but it'd quickly devolve into people hating on destructible weapons, stamina climbing requirements or similar, essentially asking to rip out Breath of the Wild's identity and turn it into a From game.
I watched the trailer again and I get people saying “Nintendo is holding a lot back”. I agree they are. But they’ve made it a point to show the same BotW world again. You can see it from the sky. You glide down into it. You see two enemies just combined. I’m not quite sure there’s going to be a big surprise terraform change to the Hyrule from BotW.

And for a game thats been in development for 5 years…eh. That’s an entirely new ground up Zelda game they could’ve made. Like you can build a really cool sky island world, but I don’t think they’re about to build a Hyrule size sky island area. We know we’ll be warping from the surface of Hyrule to the islands. And maybe we go underground. How big would that world be?

So far I’ve seen some of the mystique taken out because we’ve seen the same Hyrule with some small changes so far in addition to the very cool sky islands which are completely brand new.

I'm not believing in a new Switch this year, if it happens that's great, but for now I'll just look forward to all the great titles coming up.

Nintendo should code name the next console Degrassi if they really want to fuck with people.

Maybe only Canadians will get this.
I’m from Ohio and I get this. Does that make me an honorary Canadian?

I really like Letterkenny and Rush! I’ve got Canadian cred!

3z9w.png
o3wv.png

Why is this damn videogame so perfect

Last edited:
I mean the answer is simple. They're not going to just reuse the map.
Haven't played Elden Ring personally, but from what I've seen, the exploration in it is just as fantastic as BotW. But I still view them that apart from that, they are very different experiences. I would say the main difference is that Elden Ring is still heavily combat-oriented. In BotW combat is just one of the things you can do in the world. Hence why my friends who have bought BotW (some of them as their first Zelda game) have no plans to buy Elden Ring. And vice versa, someone who loves the crap out of Elden Ring won't necessarily love BotW.

So far I’ve seen some of the mystique taken out because we’ve seen the same Hyrule with some small changes so far in addition to the very cool sky islands which are completely brand new.
I really don't think the BotW team of all teams should be doubted for their ability to make an engrossing open world.

Sounds great, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the release date
Y'all are putting a little too much into this lol

He hasn't heard anything in months. A recap from him will be helpful, but nothing's really changed. It's still late 2022/early 2023.
Again, mostly my OCD/anxiety talking, but please dear gosh if it's a successor I hope it's not coming this year. A revision a la New 3DS or PS4 Pro would be fine, I have nothing against that, but seeing one of the most wildly successful systems of all time cut down in the prime of its life would be so depressing.
Switch doesn't need to be replaced yet, it's still healthy and thriving.
They're not launching Splatoon 3 on a platform they're killing within a year from release.

A new gen isn’t coming soon. Splatoon 3 shows that. Mario Kart dlc shows that. Switch Drake will be another iteration of some kind (the kind we’ve been waiting for)

Just stopping by to say that The Batman freaking rules. Hope y'all have been great! Work has been really intense so I've taken a step back from Fami while knowing that there's no wild impending presentation to hype about, but I can't wait to rejoin you all on a more regular basis soon enough.

A new gen isn’t coming soon. Splatoon 3 shows that. Mario Kart dlc shows that. Switch Drake will be another iteration of some kind (the kind we’ve been waiting for)
Nintendo can start a new generation whenever they want. So long as the system is backwards compatible (and there's no reason to think it won't be) any Switch 1 games they continue to release will effectively be for both platforms.

Can anyone suggest some poggers games to me? You see, I am VERY smart and attractive, so I only have time to play games that are at least poggers and above due to how smart and attractive I am. If you need to know my tastes a bit more before suggesting anything, my favorite types of games are poggers games, and my least favorite are omegalul. Thank you in advance.

Thinking about ER’s dungeons and stuff and how I know most people are gonna want that in BotW2

But like… you have so much more freedom of movement in BotW that I just don’t see it being applied in the same way. And I do think it’d be kinda lame to limit that movement in the dungeons like they did for shrines.

Right now my wish with regard to dungeons in BotW2 is simply that more interesting indoor environments exist and are more dangerous and have a unique boss. That’s it. I don’t have anything I want from the style of level design or progression in them. Nintendo needs to figure out on their own how to adapt it to the playstyle

It's been a stressful past few days with all that is going on the world. Take your mind off for a bit with Piplup

What a delightful video. Piplup is a precious little baby. Such nice animation!

...it is also amusing to see a Japanese Pokemon production use "Piplup" over "Pochama" - localization being brought back into the originals is fascinating to me.
How is Mario 3D world 10 next year
Where did the time go???
Masterpieces age like a fine wine
Can't argue with facts, though, listen to this man.

Holy shit buddy you're in luck:
header.jpg

$14.99 on Steam
My fellow smart and attractive individual, while you have successfully suggested to me a sufficiently poggers game, you should be aware that I am boomer af. As such, I consider all things Homestar Runner to be the pinnacle of comedy, and played this game already back when it was an episodic release on the Wii.

(Being boomer af also means saying things like poggers, omegalul, cringe, and based, and hoping that they haven't become offensive while I wasn't looking. I remember when the Gamers Rise Up subreddit was created as a way to make fun of those types of people. I forgot about it for years, and the next time I heard about it, the subreddit was being banned because it had been overrun by people taking it seriously and being as offensive as possible.)

My "holy shit I am old" moment was actually realizing the Avengers will be a decade old this year
That film seems way older to me than only ten years, probably because they’ve released so many films and TV shows since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom