• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Skittzo

rCrSHk.jpg

This is Rhoam, named after King Rhoam from BoTW. Like his namesake, he really doesn't appreciate it when people play with technology when they could be doing more important things, like trying to activate their inherited divine powers sitting with him while he eats. He's a sweetie, but very much always wants to be the center of att90ennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnno (yep, that was him, so I'll leave that there since I think it demonstrates the point)
rCtEbk.jpg

And this is Atticus, seen here looking dramatically sad for no real reason. He's much more reserved, still a very good boy but less likely to jump on your laptop and demand food. Also less prone to showing affection, but I suppose it's a tradeoff. He's very fluffy

This is my cat, the CEO of comedy.

JnrGbCI.png

his primary traits are being loud, irritable, and amusing

e8M8OBX.png

and, like any good CEO, he has an official portrait for company use

4q9maRJ.png

Y'all see a bunch of online-enabled Switch games have had suspicious server maintenance lately? Like Splatoon 2:

now I'm seeing this:

hmmm

tbh maybe nothing??? maybe something

time will tell

Nintendo is working to enable NPLN 1.0.0 for all devs
For now we can't say for sure what games will be switched overt his new network relay, but for sure Splatoon 3 will be delivered using NPLN

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Last edited:

I had to use Imgur, which seemed to work fine. The brown little one is Freya. She's my snuggle bug. She doesn't like other dogs or most people though, except for Odin, my big lab. Odin is 12 and the picture of him in the pool is him getting some physical therapy in with a couple of awesome trainers. He had a riot while he was there. I don't have access to all of my pictures yet as I'm at work, but I can provide more later if people are interested. My dogs are my babies so I love to talk about how cute and awesome they are.

Moose pictures are coming real fast. I found a couple to share that are really cool.

@Skittzo

These two pictures were taken out of my living room window. They are just to the side of my driveway. It's kind of hard to see but there is the Momma and "Baby." I put baby in quotes because she was still huge. Momma was bigger then Jeep.

This one is a little harder to see, but it's awesome and a sight I rarely see all at once. This was about 100 yards from my house. There is a bull in the back, the cow to the right, and two calfs, all together in the same spot! That was a really cool sight to see.

Nintendo is working to enable NPLN 1.0.0 for all devs
For now we can't say for sure what games will be switched overt his new network relay, but for sure Splatoon 3 will be delivered using NPLN
Will there be a way to determine what games are updated to NPLN after this maintenance?/Will dataminers find out if Smash Bros gets the update to the new network? Christ knows it could use all the help it can get to improve online no matter how incremental

These two pictures were taken out of my living room window. They are just to the side of my driveway. It's kind of hard to see but there is the Momma and "Baby." I put baby in quotes because she was still huge. Momma was bigger then Jeep.

This one is a little harder to see, but it's awesome and a sight I rarely see all at once. This was about 100 yards from my house. There is a bull in the back, the cow to the right, and two calfs, all together in the same spot! That was a really cool sight to see.

Goddamn, that is rad as hell. The one and only time I saw a moose up close I was way up in Northern Ontario towards Sault Ste Marie when roadtripping with friends out to Vancouver a few years ago. Just chilling and grazing next to the roads, massive antlers though

Will there be a way to determine what games are updated to NPLN after this maintenance?/Will dataminers find out if Smash Bros gets the update to the new network? Christ knows it could use all the help it can get to improve online no matter how incremental

Goddamn, that is rad as hell. The one and only time I saw a moose up close I was way up in Northern Ontario towards Sault Ste Marie when roadtripping with friends out to Vancouver a few years ago. Just chilling and grazing next to the roads, massive antlers though
Honestly it never gets old. I've had moosen in my yard dozens of times, and it's always exciting. There's just something about wild animals just hanging out right near you. Not a care in the world.

I love moose! Truly awesome creatures. We live in the countryside and see deer, elk, and moose all the time, but you definitely don't realize how big and intimidating they are until you get up close. My dad got charged at by a moose once while hunting and said it was the most terrified he'd ever been in his life! And a friend of mine hit one on the highway a few years ago and somehow came out completely unharmed, even though his pickup looked like a convertible afterwards.

yes

america is wild dude

According to a 2018 poll, only about 0.3% of Americans use dial up internet. So it's probably even less today. There is a ton a fucking space in America where absolutely nothing in it but trees and grass. It's not worth building high speed internet infrastructure in those places so those few people who decide to live out there are shit out of luck, though those types of people probably won't care.

According to a 2018 poll, only about 0.3% of Americans use dial up internet. So it's probably even less today. There is a ton a fucking space in America where absolutely nothing in it but trees and grass. It's not worth building high speed internet infrastructure in those places so those few people who decide to live out there are shit out of luck, though those types of people probably won't care.
oh wow that's less than I thought

these days the go-to crappy rural internet is bad satellite though

I think I know what the answer from this thread will be, but if I were to play one “retro” JRPG this year, that’s effectively new to me, should it be Final Fantasy X or Xenoblade 1?
I honestly love both, giving the edge to Xenoblade. FFX has a great pure turn-based battle system and a good plot, but it’s very linear and doesn’t offer a lot of exploration. Plus random encounters suck. It’s more of a ‘story and characters’ game to me.

Xenoblade is all about wide open exploration and just kind of vibing in the gorgeous environments and music. I still like the plot and characters a lot, but they’re definitely less of a focus here.

Can’t go wrong with either, IMO. Depends on if you’re more in the mood for heavy exploration or more linear story.

This page took several minutes to load because of my very slow internet speed. Worth it though, everyone has very cute pets :)

oh wow that's less than I thought

these days the go-to crappy rural internet is bad satellite though

Internet is still shit in the US because these garbage internet providers agreed to carve up the country into their own kingdoms where they they agreed not to compete with each other, mooch off tax payer money, and gets tributes from what ever snizzeling politician's is licking their behinds. I had a Republican congressman in a neighboring district defending Comcast to his constituents. How out of touch and blatantly corrupt do you have to be defend Comcast to people who elected you?

Internet is still shit in the US because these garbage internet providers agreed to carve up the country into their own kingdoms where they they agreed not to compete with each other, mooch off tax payer money, and gets tributes from what ever snizzeling politician's is licking their behinds. I had a Republican congressman in a neighboring district defending Comcast to his constituents. How out of touch and blatantly corrupt do you have to be defend Comcast to people who elected you?
Last year a city near me had a ballot measure to provide fiber internet to the entire city (or something to that effect, I forget the details). It was HEAVILY advertised against negatively, paid for by Comcast and other big Cable interest groups. Which is really all you need to know to be in favor of it, lol.

These pet pictures are absolutely amazing, gorgeous, adorable and so happy. Best thread on Fami for sure. Keep them coming please.

Got to area 4 in SMT, I don't want it to end :(

On the other hand, I'm gonna beat it just in time for some Legends Arceus goodness.

Btw who wrote that poll?

Large sneering and possibky imaginary describes my manager to a tee, are you spying on my life?

Feel like pure shit, just want everwild to release because I have so much faith in Rare after Sea of Thieves.

Maybe break the cycle a bit by (if possible) taking the dogs for a long walk? Walking my dog is always a huge distraction for me. I also always get tons of people stopping me to tell me how cute she is (she's really pretty) 😊

I do try and take them on a walk every day - issue is I'm still reeling from the really bad cold I've had so the idea of walking around in the miserable English January weather is... not something I'd like lol Thankfully my neighbour's able to take them when we can't.

the hardest part is the beginning, so just focus on starting something and not giving up after that.
the rest will come.
I've started today by going through my finances for the past 5 months and identifying problem areas...

...and boy were there problem areas. I spend waaay too much on games, Lego, and all that shit. It's all fine when you're still in the Black month-to-month but actually seeing it laid out in front of you is something else entirely.

Thanks for the encouragement, though :) I do feel better today for sure.

I think I just "Yeah!"ed everyone who posted a cat pic, as is correct and proper. Please let me know if I missed you
I hate this hell world

my career will likely start remotely and that's awful
My career started remotely 18 months ago, and I have still never been into the office

I never want to go in, tbh

The democrats are just as bad on this one sometimes. In Seattle, Mike McGinn worked with google to get fiber installed and then when the new mayor was elected, he cancelled that contract and moved to Comcast exclusivity. Dude was bankrolled by them via PACs. He also turned out to be a sex criminal and eventually resigned, so his mayorship wasn’t that great.

I just remembered that 13 Sentinels is coming to Switch in 3 months. Lots of good quality 3rd party games are coming out and more to come and be announced soon.
I am really looking forward to this one. Which is weird, because neither strategy games nor visual novel type experiences are really my thing.

But I'm trying to broaden my horizons a bit when it comes to the games I play, (last few times I branched out and tried something different it paid off) and a lot of things about it really fascinate me; I'm a big kaiju vs mech fan, I love sci fi and stories about time travel or interconnected narratives when done right, (adored stuff like Dark on Netflix and films like 12 Monkeys and Cloud Atlas) and I really like Vanillaware's art.

A year ago I would've skipped it, but now I'm actually excited to play it.

Having touch controls back in Picross S7 is nice, but not having a way to auto switch to button controls when docked (or just a quick way to toggle in general) is kind of a pain.

can't believe it's been this long

Just feels like yesterday that I went to Gamestop on launched day to pick up my preorder copy and the guy behind the counter thought I was messing with him.
I don't know if you loved this game, but for me with was a masterpiece. Insaneintherain made a insane cover or the theme :

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom