• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I'm new here, looking for a good and friendly community online!
My buddy @bellydrum recommended this as the place to be, and I'm excited to get to introduce myself and get to know everyone.
I'm a veteran and prior combat medic that has been out of the gaming scene for a while but I'm looking to come back full force and make some friends along the way!
Welcome! But not sure why you’d follow auntie @bellydrum anywhere…

idk if this is true all places but I managed to snag Ring Fit Adventure on sale on the internetβ„’ before it all goes β€œweb3” face down in the water

gosh i love video games
cartoon-memes-nerd-bewukbv.png

Before I flood this page with shitposting, I'd like to respond to a poignant post from the previous page:

I looked it up and it doesn't seem to be reported anywhere else. China closing all ports would be major news. The guy in his own Twitter thread says that some ports are open. He said to check South China Morning Post and the major headline on the website is about China-Japan relations over a jet, not anything about China closing down.

I don't want to sound too critical but I think we should be more mindful about about the news we post. It's one thing to post random tweets about stupid videogames but it's another to be sourcing tweets for major global events that will have ramifications on peoples lives. For something like this, the standards should be much higher. Most people will only see the main tweet and not even read that the guy contradicts himself in his own thread replies.

I think I know what you mean. I'd rather not play fast and loose with misinformed sources, especially ones that invite unwarranted doomposting.

This also ties into the topic of sourcing attention-seekers, like your SH2's and your maromarkos. I just don't see a way to enforce thatβ€”I feel like we'll always periodically have new users coming in with the latest "leak πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰" asking something like have you guys heard??

Ideally we'd all be a little more discerning with our sources.

Checking sources should be normal for everyhing you read on the internet and I for one should be alot better with that.

Yesterday at 6pm, some folk from the neighborhood called the cops on us at the dog park because our dogs barked too loud lmao (there was 8 dogs), 3 cops showed up, asked us to leash our dogs and to go away lmao

Here's the public danger that requires 3 damn cops, for the pet week !
20211130-171244.jpg

Yesterday at 6pm, some folk from the neighborhood called the cops on us at the dog park because our dogs barked too loud lmao (there was 8 dogs), 3 cops showed up, asked us to leash our dogs and to go away lmao

20211130-171244.jpg
"Do you have a license for those ears?"

20211130-171244.jpg

Only 3 cops against 8 perps causing public order disturbances?
s/

That's a cute dog.
not s/

Finished my fifth game of the year yesterday: The Artful Escape or more like The Awful Escape or more like The Fartful Escape or more like The Arseful Escape am i rite gamermen?

In all seriousness, if this hadn’t been on Game Pass I would have been disappointed but I guess I am not the target audience for these artistic indie games. Enjoyed the characters, visuals and music, did not care for the gameplay at all.

How the fuck do people just chill?

Seriously - I've got a day off from work. I've got a defined plan for what I want to do with my life this year. I've even got the excuse of still having a rather bad cold, to justify not going to the gym.

Yet I can't just sit down and play a game or watch a film or something :( Honestly I have no idea how some folks here have finished 5+ games this year already. Even if they're short, a game might take me a week to a month or more to finish.

Seriously - I've got a day off from work. I've got a defined plan for what I want to do with my life this year. I've even got the excuse of still having a rather bad cold, to justify not going to the gym.

Yet I can't just sit down and play a game or watch a film or something :( Honestly I have no idea how some folks here have finished 5+ games this year already. Even if they're short, a game might take me a week to a month or more to finish.
Turn off your phone so the internet stops distracting you is a big one. You may also need a stopover to distract your hands for a bit to clear your mind like a model kit or a Lego set . I’m working on this ridiculously dense one this weekend myself

IMG_4553.jpg

(I’m actually a bit further on now but I already had this pic hosted so shrug)

Do I..... Do I Yeah! too much?

Preposterous, I've only given 1,809 Yeah!s, but I've still received 951, so I'm still above a 0.5 ratio like my average KDA on Halo

(I will be celebrating my thousandth Yeah! with whomstever giveth it to moi)

I know, right? I'm kind of in the same boat. In both being sick and not playing games! I was gonna start teaching myself dance fundamentals last Thursday since I was home alone, but my sinuses were too much of an inconvenience... At least now my head doesn't feel like it's getting crushed, bahaha.

As for games, I finished Brilliant Diamond, but that's it so far. But then again, I don't often sit down to just play games! Oftentimes, I'd rather just draw or write, or watch Twitch/YouTube. Yesterday, I felt too frustrated with Link's Awakening HD to finish it, so I watched my favorite streamer's last couple parts of it and called it at that.

I have a list of only 8 shorter games on my backlog now, so that's nice. I'm just at a loss of what to start next! I'm afraid I'll just drop the next game I start like I usually do. Onwards to Celeste anyway!

Some people are just wired differently. My wife has crippling anxiety but I'm perfectly able to relax and compartmentalize my thoughts about all of the horrible things happening in the world.

That's damn impressive. GBA had a lot of unexplored potential for 3D games. I used to play Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance and that other exclusive version on an emulator when I was a kid lol good times.
MKDA was so goood on GBA. Used to play it a lot during breaks at work (my very first job).

I have to confess that I'm on a beach and I want to get home to play Captain Toad. I have just a few days to finish it!!! Y'all should play it, it's really funny. Co-op is awesome.

I am going to find a way to have boss music in real life, but I don't know if it's more meant for me or others. Maybe I'll start with subtle audio cues and see where it goes from there.

we keep doing this until I stop getting friend requests from former high school teachers that still to this day post unhinged takes about 9/11 and Freedomβ„’ let alone other things that as everywhere’s resident alien bewilder me

we keep doing this as long as anti-masking rhetoric has a home where people who literally conspired to kidnap a governor over COVID restrictions were regarded as heroes

I will dunk on anywhere (most enthusiastically and eloquently on places I have a deep lived or close knowledge of) but the US absolutely gets extra credit when it comes to the mythos of freedom as the ultimate weapon in the hands of the individual, the church, and the state
Just to be clear, because now it's the morning and my mind is more awake, I was being sarcastic and dunking on the "freedom fries" crap that was big when I was in high school. Not sure if that came across. πŸ˜…

I looked it up and it doesn't seem to be reported anywhere else. China closing all ports would be major news. The guy in his own Twitter thread says that some ports are open. He said to check South China Morning Post and the major headline on the website is about China-Japan relations over a jet, not anything about China closing down.
I'm sure all my board game Kickstarters that are in shipping limbo right now would be screaming from the rooftops if China goes full on closed. I think it's also near Chinese New Year season so a lot of manufacturing is shut down anyways?

On a serious note I recommend checking out the Kiwi Talkz podcast, they recently interviewed an artist who worked on the Twilight Princess remaster and it's the place where lots of ex-Retro staff have been talking about Prime and Donkey Kong

I can't decide if I want to play as ManShep or FemShep in Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I beat all three games original with ManShep. I beat 1 and 2 with FemShep but never finished the third with her. I think the acting is overall better with FemShep but the romance options absolutely stink. There's Garrus and that's basically it. The rest are discount Carth, unfaithful guy, and terminally ill alien. With ManShep, I can at least pretend Yvonne Strahovski loves me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom