• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What hurts here is that Kirby is getting an anniversary thing, while Zelda didn’t. It goes to show that BOTW2 was key for the celebration. Zelda didn’t even get a wallpaper.

PS. It doesn't really hurt. Happy for Kirby. I'll get it day 1
Kirby's more important than Zelda and DK confirmed!

I need to try that fight again sometime, I think I got lucky the only time I’ve beaten it since I did it in just a couple tries but didn’t feel like I had really learned its moveset all that much yet.

LHB does really well in that fight, though, that might be part of it. The really wide swings that can clip him when he’s hopping around like mad made it easier.

I just beat him with the cane and top hat.

I just beat him with the cane and top hat.
Nice! For me the hardest fight of the DLC (and probably the entire game, barring Chalice Amyg or something) was Ludwig. Again maybe it has something to do with my weapon but he gave me a lot more trouble than the others.

As I got right with my Kirby prediction, I will go on “insider mode” and say:

Mario + Rabbids 2 will be the april game

Its a nintendo published game in japan but not overseas (where ubisoft do the honors). Nintendo is also planning to release the Advance Wars 1+2 remakes only on the overseas in likely april so in total, they will be only 1 game published by them in both sides of the world.

May is of course casual game time. Will be announced after february direct.

June-July are for Splatoon 3 and either next Fire Emblem or Xeno projects.

Bless Bioware for doing a floor tile puzzle in KOTOR with a camera system which won't allow you to pan down to look at the floor.

There is one puzzle later into the game that involves...shifting rings that I was always just use a guide for. Not worth my damn time!

January - Pokemon Legends Arceus
February - Nintendo Direct
March - Triangle Strategy, Kirby and the Forgotten Land
April - Advance Wars 1+2 Rebootcamp
May - Link‘s Horse Ride Training
June - Splatoon 3, Rythm Heaven: on the hooves
July - Nintendogs + Cats + Horses
August - SWiitch Sports Horse Club , Switch Stables Update
September - Tomodachi 2 - now with the horse introduced in Miitopia for Switch
October - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Pegasus, My Pokémon Ranch 2
November - Mariokart 9 with the Twist that there are only Ponies instead of karts
December - Dillion‘s galloping inflation
@Suswave what are we gonna do with all this excess horse? 🤔

Zelda got Skyward Sword and that Game and Watch.

And there's a bunch of wallpapers on MyNintendo Rewards.

Skyward Sword HD with amiibo and joy-cons
Game & Watch
Black Milk clothing line
Skyward Sword OST with music box
Ocarina of Time via EP with Majora's Mask announced and possibly due before the end of the FY
Age of Calamity DLC
New BOTW2 teaser being the one more thing at E3

Zelda fans were eating plenty last year.

If you really want a bigger deal to be made of 35, which isn't that important, then three things need to happen.
1. The IP needs to be a corporate mascot.
2. The company needs to be opening a theme park themed to the IP.
3. The preplanning needs to not take place in the middle of a global pandemic.

I was just looking for some interesting video's on the possible futures of humanity. I accidentally stumbled across whole series of Warhammer 40K video's....

...where is the alcohol??? 😭😭😭

Everybody's favorite Twitter Pikachu apparently got the release date for Kirby right. What does that mean? Probably nothing but now everyone is taking another look at the 2022 release list they put out a while back.

As I got right with my Kirby prediction, I will go on “insider mode” and say:

Mario + Rabbids 2 will be the april game

Its a nintendo published game in japan but not overseas (where ubisoft do the honors). Nintendo is also planning to release the Advance Wars 1+2 remakes only on the overseas in likely april so in total, they will be only 1 game published by them in both sides of the world.

May is of course casual game time. Will be announced after february direct.

June-July are for Splatoon 3 and either next Fire Emblem or Xeno projects.
May casual game you say?
Perfect time for Metroid Prime Remastered

And there's a bunch of wallpapers on MyNintendo Rewards.

Skyward Sword HD with amiibo and joy-cons
Game & Watch
Black Milk clothing line
Skyward Sword OST with music box
Ocarina of Time via EP with Majora's Mask announced and possibly due before the end of the FY
New BOTW2 teaser being the one more thing at E3

Zelda fans were eating plenty last year.

If you really want a bigger deal to be made of 35, which isn't that important, then three things need to happen.
1. The IP needs to be a corporate mascot.
2. The company needs to be opening a theme park themed to the IP.
3. The preplanning needs to not take place in the middle of a global pandemic.
The only thing stopping me from wearing the Black Milk Hyrule Map cargo pants every day is work

I remember getting this game with all DLC for $4 due to a Walmart pricing error - best mistake ever. Anyone who hasn't tried it out should play it!

Side note, I'm really happy to see the new Scream getting good reviews, especially for its genre. I could use a fun, clever slasher right now.

Also the Switch hardware has aged for sure and I totally get why people aren't impressed by the regular Switch anymore but meanwhile I'm just sitting here like

"Damn, Kirby looks pretty"

I'm sorry if it isn't the right thread to ask but:
I completed the story of BotW (defeated Ganon). When I get back, it has a save from the last checkpoint before the fight. If I start a new game, all the data will be erased?
I also have the DLCs, do y'all recommend me to start all over again, free the Divine Beats and go to Shrine of Resurrection or to do it on this save already? Getting all the memories will get me a different ending? Completing Champion's Ballad before defeating Ganon again will change anything?

I'm sorry if it isn't the right thread to ask but:
I completed the story of BotW (defeated Ganon). When I get back, it has a save from the last checkpoint before the fight. If I start a new game, all the data will be erased?
I also have the DLCs, do y'all recommend me to start all over again, free the Divine Beats and go to Shrine of Resurrection or to do it on this save already? Getting all the memories will get me a different ending? Completing Champion's Ballad before defeating Ganon again will change anything?
Don't start over. No point.

Getting all the memories gives you the true ending but the Champions Ballad doesn't change the ending.

Would like them to do this in Europe because Captain Toad is short enough to complete in a week and also it's a glorious game.
I think it may let you download it if you set up an American account on your Switch. But I'm not sure. I thought I read that before.

Wow BDSP is faithful... right down to the infuriating legendary catch rates
Actually catch rates in BDSP are in some cases much worse than the original games. The reduction of catch rates since ORAS was not reversed (which most notably impacts Dialga and Palkia) and the game carried over a mechanic I'm not fond of from Sword and Shield where catch rate goes down if the Pokémon you have on the field is lower level than the one you're trying to catch.

At least it seems like the Timer Ball buffs are still present.

I guess Nintendo is not doomed yet

Edit: Actually I got a better one

d17b881d5c4b26d90f57db02320360ba9cded5d4.gifv

ive played and enjoyed a lot of Kirby games over the years but this is the first time I’ve been legitimately excited to run out and buy one since Crystal Shards

I hope it's not too late to post pet pics! I was going to post my favorite photo of her this morning, but my cat decided to be very photogenic while I was doodling, so I'll use one of the pics I got today instead!

Her name is Annie, because a friend found her as an orphan in a box by the side of the road when she was a kitten. She turns 11 this year. She's very timid and won't go near strangers, but she's the kindest sweetheart to me! Very snuggly 🥰💖

FI62q5WWQAM08b8

Question for any of you all here. Do any of you still have the original Dill Spowser image? I don’t, just some of the edits and I would like to experiment if that horse game has some good material.

Question for any of you all here. Do any of you still have the original Dill Spowser image? I don’t, just some of the edits and I would like to experiment if that horse game has some good material.

If you google Dill Spowser, you can find it on a Dill Spowser Twitter account. But google will try to make you search dill powder so you need tell it to actually search for Dill Spowser.

Speaking of which, someone confess. Whose account is this?

I hope it's not too late to post pet pics! I was going to post my favorite photo of her this morning, but my cat decided to be very photogenic while I was doodling, so I'll use one of the pics I got today instead!

Her name is Annie, because a friend found her as an orphan in a box by the side of the road when she was a kitten. She turns 11 this year. She's very timid and won't go near strangers, but she's the kindest sweetheart to me! Very snuggly 🥰💖

FI62q5WWQAM08b8
The raffle doesn't end till Sunday evening (EST). You're good!

As is your cat!

The raffle doesn't end till Sunday evening (EST). You're good!

As is your cat!
Thank you, Skittzo!!

Also, I've been playing through Pokémon Brilliant Diamond since I think the beginning of last month. I haven't been this addicted to Pokémon since Omega Ruby 7 years ago! I kept asking myself in the beginning of BD, "Man, why did I drop Pokémon?"

And now I'm at the Elite Four and I remember. Pokémon games are a SLOG. I had to turn off battle animations halfway through the game because a simple trainer battle took like 3 minutes. Don't get me started on double battles! I also never realized how disjointed and unbalanced the story of BDSP is. As someone who never finished Pearl as a kid, I realize now that...wow... The story is, just...kinda there. Eh. Lowkey excited to be done with this game finally lololol

Alternatively, Kirby looks amazing, if I plow through enough of my backlog before that comes out, then maybe I'll try it! The atmospheres—the desert in particular—look breathtaking.

Don't even remember the birthday of your own child

edit damn this post sucks to start a page with
@Derachi you started a lot more than just a page with that, dude. 😂

Actually catch rates in BDSP are in some cases much worse than the original games. The reduction of catch rates since ORAS was not reversed (which most notably impacts Dialga and Palkia) and the game carried over a mechanic I'm not fond of from Sword and Shield where catch rate goes down if the Pokémon you have on the field is lower level than the one you're trying to catch.

At least it seems like the Timer Ball buffs are still present.
So that's why I only managed to catch Dialga with my overleveled Empoleon
Good to know, cheers!

God I think of that song every time I hear it

As well as the song that 21 Guns' chorus rips off, "Telephone Line" by ELO

Oh god where does it end????

So that's why I only managed to catch Dialga with my overleveled Empoleon
Good to know, cheers!

Oh god where does it end????

Well, ELO ripped it off a Gregorian chant, which ripped it off an ancient Sumerian notation, which supposedly was an attempt at transcribing the indescribable utterances of the Old One Kos, which.... well, it's best I stop there.

Also the Switch hardware has aged for sure and I totally get why people aren't impressed by the regular Switch anymore but meanwhile I'm just sitting here like

"Damn, Kirby looks pretty"

I'm also shocked at how good the trailer looks.

But I won't stop banging that 'Switch needs a refresh' drum. Games with aesthetics that perfectly suit the Switch's power (Kirby, Mario Party Superstars) are only a small part of the industry.

I'm also shocked at how good the trailer looks.

But I won't stop banging that 'Switch needs a refresh' drum. Games with aesthetics that perfectly suit the Switch's power (Kirby, Mario Party Superstars) are only a small part of the industry.
nah fuck that even, we need a refresh so kirby can run at 60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom