• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm guessing this is what aerial bombardment would sound like. 26 minutes so far of near-constant explosions from all directions. Fireworks aren't even legal for sale around here except for the week of July 4th, who the hell stores this much goddamn ordnance??

Happy 2022!

One of my 2022 resolutions: finally make that video game I always wanted to make!

After 5 hours of drunkenly being told that they didn't want to go to bed followed by drunkenly being told to get in the bed, my friend is finally asleep without burning down her new apartment. Weird way start 2022. I am beat.

Missed the start of the thread since I was celebrating with some friends, but I hope everyone is doing well and I wish everyone a good 2022!

Happy new year everyone! I'm really hoping that this year i can accomplish a long life-goal (buy my own house) 🏡.
Who here is hangover? I didn't drink much last night and i'm thinking about quitting alcohol for good... not because i have a problem with it, it's because i never liked the taste of any drink with alcohol and lately it makes me depressed/sleepy.

I hope you guys have a Happy New Year and that you all had a better start than I did.

Mmmmm, new thread smell!

Happy new year everyone.

My resolution is actually to play (buy) fewer games. I got 19 games last year, which took a real dent in my time and money. I want to focus on quality over quantity this year.

New thread, new month, new year, same old MisterSpo demanding new 2D Zelda and Wario Land.

Happy 2022 and happy ST4, everyone.

In 2 weeks it will be 5 years since the Switch presentation, oh man. This doesn't feel right.
…thank you for reminding me how time just flew right past me. Jeez, FIVE whole years. To think I was practically still a teenager when that thing was announced.. I‘m starting to feel old without actually being old. :‘)

Happy new years everyone! =)

With that out of the way, even if 2022 is looking like it might have a pretty good chance to become my GOAT gaming year - but as it stands right now, up until March 4th there are 0 games I am getting so I might be able to get some of my previously bought games done. Currently playing quite a few and it would be neat to cross them off the list before Triangle Strategy.

And unless there's some crazy good shadowdrop (silksong?!) I think I might be able to not buy anything.

Just had a genius idea for a new Zelda spin-off.

Triforce Strategy

I'll take a cheque, Square Enix/Nintendo.

Happy New Year.

Yesterday was an emotional roller coaster. I built my new PC but then bit my tongue badly during dinner like a dumbass (it was some nice roast veg though).

BTW, this TPM 2.0. I was about to enable it, but then I got this notice warning about not being able to recover data if the PC components are changed. Would enabling it prevent me from being able to hook up the SSD to a new machine in the future to offload my data or would this only be an issue if I was using a bitlocker type thing?

Also has anyone else had problems with a monitor with built-in speakers not being recognised as an audio output over HDMI? That was a big disappointment, I was hoping to not need to use the line out with this new machine since I'd be using HDMI.

Hi everyone, and happy new year! I’m a newcomer here, decided to join after lurking for a while.

2022 sure seems interesting. On top of new releases, I’ve been reading the book ”A Guide to Japanese Role-Playing Games”, and my wishlist is growing almost with every page turned, despite having already played a good chunk of them…

Having a difficult time deciding how I want to start my gaming time in 2022. I have options - oh boy do I have options - but nothing quite grabs me.
Hi everyone, and happy new year! I’m a newcomer here, decided to join after lurking for a while.

2022 sure seems interesting. On top of new releases, I’ve been reading the book ”A Guide to Japanese Role-Playing Games”, and my wishlist is growing almost with every page turned, despite having already played a good chunk of them…
Welcome to the fun.

@NabiscoFelt I am this close to replaying Torna after reminiscing about it yesterday due to your LttP comment. This is your fault. I hope you are happy.

Edit: Well, now I am no longer thinking about replaying it.

Last edited:
New leaked images of Legends of Arceus, looks like from a previously unreleased trailer

Happy 2022 everyone

My new year's resolutions are
  • spending less time talking and reading about games
  • spending less money on games
  • spending the same amount of time playing games
  • spending more time on other stuff

I'm feeling very similarly to how I felt around the time I took an extended break from Era and I think I've come to realize that I just might not enjoy the internet vibe anymore. Fami is better than most places but it also sometimes falls into these miserable patterns where being deliberately ignorant is seen as "passionate" and being inflammatory as "cool". I already have to navigate aggressively opinionated spaces for work (I don't want to blame it all on Covid but it certainly didn't help) so being online has started to feel increasingly like... well, work.

To not end this on a negative note: Playing games is pretty cool. For reasons we don't need to further elaborate on I am enjoying Dragon Quest games for the first time in years. I played through IV and am about to wrap up V (my favourite). I don't know if I am gonna play VI again to finish my Zenithia replay or if I should play DQXI again... but this time in 2D.

Interrupting my holiday vacation time to wish you a happy new year!

Oh hi, new thread.

Happy New Year, everyone!

I'm not really making any resolutions this year, except for one which is "Be better." I saw AntDude tweet about that and I thought that it was a good thing to do. There are so many ways I can "be better," and I plan to at least try and do as many of them as I can :)

First game of the year? Fuck... I don't know.

So I'm guessing this is what aerial bombardment would sound like. 26 minutes so far of near-constant explosions from all directions. Fireworks aren't even legal for sale around here except for the week of July 4th, who the hell stores this much goddamn ordnance??
Sounds like what happened in my neighborhood (although I think fireworks are legal here? Could just be they all came from Mexico though). My poor dog was a little stressed out.

Happy New Year, everyone.

Anyway, this is interesting:
Sonic? delayed for quality?
ZHmDaFT.png

I think that's two new TV commercials for Pokemon now. Presumably news and/or previews will come next week, right?

In 2 months, the Switch will be old enough to drink alcohol!

Wait, you mean to tell me that 5 years are not supposed to be drinking alcohol? But my mother told me that....

Not sure if it's the crappy weather here today, people being hungover, most things closed, or just pandemic fears setting back in, but there was a distinct lack of people out and about on the way to yoga this morning which made for a very sombre and eerie vibe this morning 😑

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom