• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, you do strike me as a "musician in the streets, sql developer in the sheets" type
also my sheets are nobody’s business but I can absolutely confirm that I do not code in them

oh, also, I’m officially boosted after all of my trials and tribulations earlier this week!

reduce negative COVID outcomes with this one weird trick! arms hate them!

share your “love language” but you can only describe it with Nintendo games / scenarios within

Youtubers really latched onto the Mario Kart 9 "rumor" stuff despite it not being anything substantial. It was an analyst's predictions and even if they did sprinkle in a little bit inside info into it, it's obvious to anyone that the next Mario Kart is in development and "with a twist" is vague enough to anything (or nothing).

Youtubers really latched onto the Mario Kart 9 "rumor" stuff despite it not being anything substantial. It was an analyst's predictions and even if they did sprinkle in a little bit inside info into it, it's obvious to anyone that the next Mario Kart is in development and "with a twist" is vague enough to anything (or nothing).
Especially since every Mario Kart comes with some new gimmick. Antigravity was a twist, gliding was a twist, two characters in one cart was a twist….

People were talking about it a little earlier, I’d be positively surprised if Gamefreak didn’t have gen 9 for this holiday since it’s the pressure of all the surrounding media that dictates the deadlines of the games. I feel like Arceus was probably planned for November last year, but Covid forced them to give it more time. It would be nice if they took the year off.

Or maybe there will just be a DLC expansion for Arceus this year. We’ll find out soon if so.

Low.

While Nintendo has partnered with the ESA in the past for E3 festivities, one also has to keep in mind that, technically, the Direct wasn't part of E3. No reason for Nintendo to omit their traditional June Direct. The timing works for them and they'll continue to work that slot.

What about E3 2020? :(

"I wish Nintendo went back to two platforms"

monkeys-paw-paw.gif

mario_kart_tour_phone.jpg

Eww, no.

Having a hybrid is perfect, this way the Switch gets every Nintendo game versus two platforms fighting for it, and it's clearly working for Nintendo.

Hi Nate, not seen any podcasts for quite a while are you still doing them?
I know Nintendo appears packed this year already but do you think any chance of tgat wave race game this year?
Switch sports?

Call me crazy or stupid by i think that new Mario Kart will release on Switch, more specially as a cross gen title. Announced this year, released in 2023 as a swan song for a Switch and a launch title for next gen console.

"What you've just seen is the latest installment in the Mario Kart series, Mario Kart X. The game is scheduled to launch in 2023 so it will be a while, we hope you wi'll stay tuned for more information at a later time."

My future with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 hinges on one important piece of information.

The boss in chapter 5 in Temperantia with the power lines. After defeating the power lines, do they stay dead if you die fighting the main boss or do you have to defeat them again with every attempt?

Nintendo have sent me a Platinum points survey for Death's Door. Desperately looking for the "new 2D Zelda" section of the survey.
Nintendo Survey said:
Lastly, enter any feedback you have relating to this Nintendo Switch game that has not been mentioned yet.
MisterSpo said:
Please make a new 2D/portable/top-down Zelda for Switch. Yes, I know that's not related to this particular game, but while I've got your attention, I thought I'd ask. Death's Door is fab.

My future with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 hinges on one important piece of information.

The boss in chapter 5 in Temperantia with the power lines. After defeating the power lines, do they stay dead if you die fighting the main boss or do you have to defeat them again with every attempt?
You will win the battle as soon as you destroy the power lines.

Well bit on Penny punching princess and red faction remastered in the sale. Need to finish one of the other cover shooters in my switch backlog to make space for the latter tho, either Ghost busters of call of Guera

You will win the battle as soon as you destroy the power lines.

Yep. Smashed it. Guides didn't even mention the Jin fight in between. Fortunately got through him and the robot in one go thanks to some awesome chain attacks.

At this point it is clear how it works. Use the first half of the fight to set up the chain attack to the blitz the second half. Don't expect to survive the second half in normal combat because the game will pull some bullshit like spike (does the game even tell you about that?) or one-hit-kill moves to wreck you.

I’ve been playing no more heroes today as part of my backlog and enjoying it so far. Got the hang of the combat, it’s fun

I played it a couple mouths ago and really enjoyed it. The side stuff to make money gets a bit tedious towards the end thats the only nitpick. I just picked up NMH2 from Limited Runs New Year sale.

People were talking about it a little earlier, I’d be positively surprised if Gamefreak didn’t have gen 9 for this holiday since it’s the pressure of all the surrounding media that dictates the deadlines of the games. I feel like Arceus was probably planned for November last year, but Covid forced them to give it more time. It would be nice if they took the year off.

Or maybe there will just be a DLC expansion for Arceus this year. We’ll find out soon if so.
I think at best we'll get a Gen 1/2/3 collection on the Switch in November/December. Maybe another Mystery Dungeon game.

My current crazy/baseless prediction is that Metroid Prime Remakester will launch with an online multiplayer mode that is basically just a glorified beta for the MP4 online multiplayer.

Finally got my hands on The Great Ace Attorney. That should probably tide me over for a while. There's been nothing particularly interesting to me on the Switch lately, I hope there'll be something else once I'm done with TGAA!

Just wrapped up Dantooine in KOTOR; that took between 3 and 4 hours, versus 6 to 7 hours for Tara's (playtime is a little confused given it counts sleep mode in the in-game save file). I always forget what a slow start the game gets off too.

Luckily, things are picking up. Probably go to Tatooine next because, if memory serves, that's where I'll find a certain wisecracking robot.

Nintendo “get your wallets out but your hopes down” Direct

First couple of weeks of February 2022 could be big on Nintendo news:

• fiscal results will give us figures for Mario Party Superstars, Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl, and Metroid Dread. Very interested to see how the latter has done in-particular; also interested to see updated totals for Skyward Sword HD and Mario 3D World + BF, which had their first Christmas quarter.
  • 9 month briefing could potentially give us a clue of whether or not Nintendo are going ahead with a hardware launch this calendar year.
  • If it hasn't happened by early February, then we'll be in prime territory for a full fat Nintendo Direct and thus will have release dates and software reveals to fill in the picture for 2022.

Last edited:
are you in America?

here is america:

Yall, Raccoon literally typed "here is america:" and then posted a link to a part needed to prop up a deteriorating component of a defunct system and I can't get over that.

Desperately looking for the "new 2D Zelda" section of the survey.
Does anyone remember this part of the GameInformer interview with Aonuma and Miyamoto?

0006.jpg

0007.jpg

0008.jpg

And then a few years later we got Dread?
Begging Nintendo might actually work.

I can’t remember if I’ve said this or not but I’m replaying the Metroid Prime Trilogy since I never actually beat the first two (or even meaningfully played the third one)

and then I’m gonna bite the bullet and try to get more than 30 minutes into Other M without bailing due to moderate cringe

just beat Prime a few days ago and damn, it really does slap! now that I have context for the 2D ones, it’s really amazing how they made this happen in 3D

I’m up to purplesky spicyair sand hole in Echoes

the Wii controls absolutely took a while to click with me, but now they really really have. Hope the remaster + 4 have gyro aiming because it’s one of my favorite Switch things!

also @BozPaggs I absolutely remember beating Quadraxis back on ye olde GameCube and I’m looking forward to experiencing it as a more finely weathered entity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom