• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know who didn't mention NFTs or Metaverse in his new years interviews?

Tomoya Asano.

Also we need to give more credit to Masashi Takahashi, not only has he been working as producer under Asano but he said Famicom Detective Club was his GOTY!
Team Asano more than makes up for the lack of AAA Square Enix games on Switch.

not to keep poping but does anyone know what the song at 1:01:30 is? sounds lowkey Final Fantasyish

imagine being literal clowns and playing the pope video game music, I have nothing but admiration and fear

all this talk of my aptitude for chaos is wet air when beings this powerful exist

Not my picture but this happened to my brother's 3DS while I was using it. Well, I guess I did this to my brother's 3DS.

qfkp6fzyxmf5hzta0wqc.jpg

nidento pls

The game being played makes perfect sense.

Same result as with my 3DS. Kid Icarus Uprising wore the stick down. Smash Bros finished it off. Sakurai is menace.

Wanna know something weird? I historicall have not had a "dream game" wish for the Switch, since literally all my dream games have already happened:

• BotW: open world Zelda, dream game since I was a kid
  • Legends Arceus: fully 3D Pokemon game on TV, dream game since I was a kid
  • New Pokemon Snap
  • a solid Ninty exclusive JRPG IP (you know the one)
  • Banjo on Switch / Smash

So I've always felt kind of bummed that I can't really participate in the "dream game" threads since all I'd really have to say is how privileged I am to already have gotten everything I want

Except I haven't. So prepare for some b*tching.

I've finally decided what my "dream game" on Switch would be:

Bloodborne.

Same result as with my 3DS. Kid Icarus Uprising wore the stick down. Smash Bros finished it off. Sakurai is menace.

I was playing Pilotwings 😭

Wanna know something weird? I historicall have not had a "dream game" wish for the Switch, since literally all my dream games have already happened:

• New Pokemon Snap

So I've always felt kind of bummed that I can't really participate in the "dream game" threads since all I'd really have to say is how privileged I am to already have gotten everything I want

Bloodborne.

Banned: Portbegging.

Does DQ 11 not count or soemthing? 😉

In all seriousness, I’m quite pleased with the S-E Switch support. I think I’ll live if XVI doesn’t hit Nintendo systems for a while. I’ve got plenty of their other games to keep my attention.

not to keep poping but does anyone know what the song at 1:01:30 is? sounds lowkey Final Fantasyish

imagine being literal clowns and playing the pope video game music, I have nothing but admiration and fear

all this talk of my aptitude for chaos is wet air when beings this powerful exist

It's The Trooper by Iron Maiden. Well, a cover of course.

Seriously. Team Asano and Dragon Quest games and other smaller titles is what I want and we are getting lots of them. Although there is 1 series I really want on Switch and that is Neir. Other than that, I'm satisfied with Square's output for Switch.

This year I just want too many RPGs

[laughs, then cries, as KOTOR, Lost Odyssey, and Dungeon Encounters surround him]

• New Pokemon Snap

Bloodborne.
The one thing im really wanting/missing is a reboot/new art style of the 2d Mario franchise. Moving beyond the "new" series into something new and exciting.

Yeah the 3DS circle pad is such a flimsy turd lmao. It's absoutely not good at all for games like Kid Icarus Uprising and Smash Bros. 3DS, both games that, thanks to being developed by Sakurai, really rely on "smash and dash" gameplay, and the circle pad just isn't suited for that at all. The circle pad on some of my older 3DS models literally broke off playing those games.

the 3ds and the switch are nintendo at their most flimsiest.

like, the times i let my ds drop off the stairs and it's still intact. meanwhile the 3ds was treated with the utmost care and the only thing that's still good and stable is the circle pad.

the only thing that's still good and stable is the circle pad.
and the firmware, natch
the 3ds and the switch are nintendo at their most flimsiest.
honestly Nintendo used to be so good about product durability and ruggedness but at this point their stuff is so weak and flimsy. It's really disappointing. Remember that Gulf War Game Boy? There will never be a Switch equivalent. Hell, I baby mine and even then my touch screen no longer works at all and I've had to replace the fan (the act of which is probably related to my touch screen not working? idk)

It's painful to think of "dream games" when I know that there's absolutely no chance of either happening in any capacity whatsoever (Sin & Punishment 3 and Panzer Dragoon Saga 2).
I thought one of my "dream games" was coming (and possibly heralded the return of another dream) but then Nate asked me what platform I'd like to see it on and everything kinda went downhill from there. 😅

Alas, my dream was far too radical...

My dream games are just more revivals of N64 classics like New Pokemon Snap.

I have no imagination.

I’ve been playing through the Kirby series. Did Dream Land 1,2,3 and Adventure and now I’m going on to Super Star. Don’t know if I’ll actually play through every mainline game of the series before the new one but definitely want to do a good amount. Might skip over the more modern games that I already played.

I’m not ready to talk about how many Pro Controllers me and my group of friends have burned through since December 2018.

My dream games are also no chance of happening at this rate like a new Trauma Center or Skies of Arcadia.

So I'll settle for ports of Viewtful Joe and the Megaman Battle Network series. As for brand new dreams I just want cool new IPs for the most part.

also a new mole mania

My dream game is Banjo-Threeie, but I don't carry as much faith in it now than I did 5 or more years ago. However this generation has delivered for me as a Banjo fan in getting Banjo & Kazooie into Smash and having their games back on a Nintendo console. (I think Tooie is coming eventually)

From Nintendo themselves all I want are for them to follow up some series with new games that are approaching a decade wait. Such as 2D Mario, Pikmin, DK, and a new Captain Toad. I think we are close though to getting some of them, since 2023/2024 will be the generational transition and the justification for new games on a Switch 2 beyond the Wii U ports will be there.

honestly Nintendo used to be so good about product durability and ruggedness but at this point their stuff is so weak and flimsy. It's really disappointing. Remember that Gulf War Game Boy? There will never be a Switch equivalent. Hell, I baby mine and even then my touch screen no longer works at all and I've had to replace the fan (the act of which is probably related to my touch screen not working? idk)
yes, i remember the gulf war game boy. my ds felt like it went through a war too, but it's all good and dandy except for the kinda flimsy shoulder buttons, but they still work fine so who cares.

but yeah, they were the best. especially when compared to my playstations which from 1 to 4 were (are?) all very flimsy to me. now, nintendo's products are arguably flimsier than the playstations lol, except for ps3 and the x360, because oh boy those 2.

Does DQ 11 not count or soemthing? 😉

In all seriousness, I’m quite pleased with the S-E Switch support. I think I’ll live if XVI doesn’t hit Nintendo systems for a while. I’ve got plenty of their other games to keep my attention.
Seriously. Team Asano and Dragon Quest games and other smaller titles is what I want and we are getting lots of them. Although there is 1 series I really want on Switch and that is Neir. Other than that, I'm satisfied with Square's output for Switch.
I completely forgot about Dragon Quest, pray forgive brethren.

As someone who didn't have a PS1/2 growing up I'm also glad we're getting all these remasters of Square Enix's classics. It's still bizarre seeing FFVII-XII, SaGa Frontier, and Legend of Mana on my Switch.

At least the OLED was a step up in most ways it could be, obviously save for the joycon

Personally I quite like having January and February as my catch-up/old games months. Pokemon Legends is certainly an exciting and interesting release, but it's not for me personally.

KOTOR first, then a few 2021 releases I didn't get to start last year - Psychonauts 2, No More Heroes 3, Dungeon Encounters. Depending on how Star Warsy I still feel after KOTOR (and Boba Fett, which I'm enjoying), I might give Battlefront 2 and Squadron's campaigns a go to help break up the RPGs. Considering Mass Effect Legacy Edition and Lost Odyssey on Series S; maybe Lost Odyssey given I've intended to play that game for like, 13 years now. Plenty to get through before Triangle Strategy.

on dream games, who's gonna make the "would you buy eternal darkness?" thread?

that's really important market research for nintendo. i don't think they think the answer is yes.

I continue to believe in Halo on Switch if only because a new TimeSplitters isn't getting so much as a teaser trailer before 2023 if we're lucky
i believe in halo on switch because viva pinata ds and age of empires ds and diddy kong racing ds existed and i played them and halo ds was a thing that actually existed but no one played it. so it's not hard to believe in that. I'm even kind of surprised microsoft stopped at cuphead/ori/minecraft/lucky's tale on the switch, considering their current strategy. I don't know if I'm delusional for expecting more but I'm expecting more.

Honestly with game pass + xcloud "handheld" support I don't care too much for the idea of Halo coming to Switch.

My girlfriend and I have been playing Pikmin 3 again (Bingo Battle) and man

Where the heck is Pikmin 4 at??? Come ONNN

gonna need that with co-op STAT

My girlfriend and I have been playing Pikmin 3 again (Bingo Battle) and man

Where the heck is Pikmin 4 at??? Come ONNN

gonna need that with co-op STAT

You mean that game that was supposedly almost done year ago?

Pikmin 4 needs to be a thing. Hopefully we get it withing a couple of years and Nintendo updates 1 and 2 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom