• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not Nintendo related (yet?) but I just finished Inscryption, and, uhhh.... minor spoilers I guess?

Man, for how fantastic the first main part of the game is, the rest of it was a pretty big step down. This joins the list of Indie games that tries to be WAY too meta and clever for its own good and doesn't really work.

That said, that first chunk of the game is SO good that it's worth the asking price by itself, probably, so... I still liked it quite a bit? I hope it comes to Switch someday.

Just think about what contemporary historical figures will be rendered as sexy anime girls 1000 years from now.

Oh yes. Those ones, specifically.
Give Mara a red hat, change it’s name to MAGA, and we are really on to something I think.

I find myself randomly thinking about how wild it was to have a portable video game device with a 3D screen. The hybrid design of the Switch is great, but I sometimes miss the wackiness of the 3DS or even Wii U.

Guess there's no Excite Truck 2 in production.

Monster Games stopped working with Nintendo half a decade ago already.

Sad the dream is dead, but I wouldn’t want my studio to become a port studio either.

Aside from Xenoblade 3D, was Excitebots their last game with Nintendo? They ended on a high note.

I went to see the Matrix Resurrections last night. It's not the best movie I've ever seen but it is good and I'm glad it exists.

Guess there's no Excite Truck 2 in production.

Monster Games stopped working with Nintendo half a decade ago already.

oh well

Makes sense, I guess. It's sad that the partnership with Nintendo didn't yield more (and more successful) projects but it's clear that they wanted to work on their own games rather than be a support/port studio for Nintendo. I have my doubts that they can do this under iRacing however.

Sad the dream is dead, but I wouldn’t want my studio to become a port studio either.

Aside from Xenoblade 3D, was Excitebots their last game with Nintendo? They ended on a high note.

Between these games they did Excite Bike World Tour and Pilotwings Resort by themselves, additional levels for DKCR 3D and helped out on Tropical Freeze.

It's the best Matrix sequel, even if none of them have topped to the original.
I'm not really sure about that, either. I lowkey kind of like the Matrix sequels. The action is great and the plot is far less convoluted than what people make them out to be.

Resurrections is pretty good, though. I really like
the relationship between Neo and Trinity in this movie, the anger directed at corporate (and maybe to fans of the original movie?) during the first part of the movie, and how it avoids what other sequel/reboots have done by showing that, in spite of everything, Neo's sacrifice did matter and did achieve positive results for what is left of humanity, even if it is still not enough.
It's a decent film, it's a bit scattered in some places and the action isn't as great as the original and Reloaded, but I'm glad it exists.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure about that, either. I lowkey kind of like the Matrix sequels. The action is great and the plot is far less convoluted than what people make them out to be.

Resurrections is pretty good, though. I really like
the relationship between Neo and Trinity in this movie, the anger directed at corporate (and maybe to fans of the original movie?) during the first part of the movie, and how it avoids what other sequel/reboots have done by showing that, in spite of everything, Neo's sacrifice did matter and did achieve positive results for what is left for humanity, even if it is still not enough.
It's a decent film, it's a bit scattered in some places and the action isn't as great as the original and Reloaded, but I'm glad it exists.
I like the sequels too but they have a big tonal issue where their only operating modes are overly philosophical discussion and mediations and high octane anime fight sequences with little connective tissue. Resurrections felt a lot more consistent and more in line with the emotion and story of the original movie, even if the production and action is a step down.

Like if the original Matrix is a 10, I’d give Reloaded a 7, Revolutions a 6 and Resurrections an 8.

My bold prediction for the year is that the FE4 remake everyone and their mother is so sure is happening is going to join the likes of Odyssey 2 as a "super obvious, no-shit, you're dumb if you don't believe it, etc." thing that doesn't ever actually happen.
To be fair, I think most people are speculating the next FE game is a new game, not a remake. We just don't have evidence or reliable rumours about a FE remake.

I think they're going to do same thing with the 3ds: 2 new mainline games and 1 remake (most likely cross-gen) for the Switch's generation.

Edit: on the contrary, so many people on Twitter and YouTubers are predicting and reporting leaks (fake rumours/insiders) that Path of Radiance is getting the Echoes treatment.

I find myself somewhat selfishly hoping we don't get a FE release this year. With Triangle Strategy, AW 1+2, Metal Slug Tactics, M+R 2, and Marvel's Midnight Suns, the SRPG side of things is being served very well on Switch this year as is. FE can wait until next year.

I find myself somewhat selfishly hoping we don't get a FE release this year. With Triangle Strategy, AW 1+2, Metal Slug Tactics, M+R 2, and Marvel's Midnight Suns, the SRPG side of things is being served very well on Switch this year as is. FE can wait until next year.

I wanted to disagree with you but then I remembered that we're probably getting remasters of Final Fantasy Tactics and/or Tactics Ogre as well.

To be fair, I think most people are speculating the next FE game is a new game, not a remake. We just don't have evidence or reliable rumours about a FE remake.

I could totally be misremembering, but didn't Nate said a couple months ago that he thinks it's gonna be a remake?

Sony should sell PSVR2 like how Nintendo handled the classic controllers for NSO. Only let people with a PSN account that has a PS5 tied to it buy one and limit it to just one. This is the only way they will combat scalpers.

I know you're partially joking but Age of Calamity legs won't be (and I don't think are so far) nearly as good as Skyward Sword HD.

SSHD could very well end up selling 6m+ lifetime, I don't think AoC will do that unless it has heavy discounts. Then again, been a while since I feverishly tracked software sales tbh.
I did the maths a few months ago and if Skyward Sword HD tracks along similar lines to Link's Awakening, then it should clear the 6 million mark in early 2023 without too much difficulty. Has a realistic shot at being a top 5 selling Zelda title. It'd need to sell more than 6.2 million to over take Ocarina 3D, though we also don't know where Link's Awakening will stand by then - it was at 5.49 million as of March 31st 2021, which puts it at number 6 on the Zelda sales rankings.

This has blown my mind a little.

It's entirely possible that a Fire Emblem game this year doesn't mean a turn-based Fire Emblem, but is in fact some form of spin-off. That being said, if Koei-Tecmo and IS continued to work together on FE, then Fire Emblem remains a distinct possibility in 2022. February Direct can't come soon enough to begin clearing up some question marks.

I could totally be misremembering, but didn't Nate said a couple months ago that he thinks it's gonna be a remake?
I honestly can't remember but I think(?) he was speculating. The reason why people think the next FE game is a remake was because Imran mentioned that there was a remake for the 3ds but could be cancelled or moved to the Switch but that information was like from 2018/2019?

I wanted to disagree with you but then I remembered that we're probably getting remasters of Final Fantasy Tactics and/or Tactics Ogre as well.
Yes, I need that to happen. I want all those strategy/tactics games, I just don't necessarily want them to release all at once, because in that case I will have to make some tough decisions.

It's entirely possible that a Fire Emblem game this year doesn't mean a turn-based Fire Emblem, but is in fact some form of spin-off. That being said, if Koei-Tecmo and IS continued to work together on FE, then Fire Emblem remains a distinct possibility in 2022.
Would not say no to another FE Warriors, especially since there is so much room for them to improve on from what they did with the first game. To be totally honest, I could live with a new mainline game/remake as well. One of the other SRPGs would have to take a temporary backseat to it, but alas. It is always nice to have options.

Yes, I need that to happen. I want all those strategy/tactics games, I just don't necessarily want them to release all at once, because in that case I will have to make some tough decisions.

Would not say no to another FE Warriors, especially since there is so much room for them to improve on from what they did with the first game. To be totally honest, I could live with a new mainline game/remake as well. One of the other SRPGs would have to take a temporary backseat to it, but alas. It is always nice to have options.
Yeah I see where you're coming from. Even with this year increasingly packed full of SRPGs and longer games, I'm sat here with 6 or 7 hours on KOTOR on Switch (still on effing Taris!), I've just bought Lost Odyssey on Series S with the intention of finally playing it for the first time, I've also bought Dungeon Encounters on Switch, and now Mass Effect Legendary Edition is on Game Pass.

It's like videogame companies want me to buy their stuff. Or have no free time. Or both.

No, I want FE in 2022

TACTICAL OVERLOAD

By the time you're done with all the strategy games in 2022, you will have skillset to be a fucking command officer.

By the time you're done with all the strategy games in 2022, you will only be able to perceive the flow of time in turns.

By the time you're done with all the strategy games in 2022, you will be obsessively rearranging your room for maximum tactical advantage, putting items on high places for higher terrain damage.

No, I want FE in 2022

TACTICAL OVERLOAD

By the time you're done with all the strategy games in 2022, you will have skillset to be a fucking command officer.
"See that mountain in the distance? It's a tactics game."

People have speculated about a FE4 remake since Shadows of Valentia came out because it was the logical next game to be remade. I don't know whether Nate was speculating or if he actually knows something (and I don't want to put words in his mouth) but I've heard about FE4 Echoes on one separate occasion as well, just nothing I put a lot of stock in.

What's obviously bullshit was that "rumour" about Path of Radiance that gained traction a few months ago. Redditors took someone's speculation as fact because that person had iirc leaked stuff about Three Houses in the past. That said, it could still happen but there's no actual rumour.

People have speculated about a FE4 remake since Shadows of Valentia came out because it was the logical next game to be remade. I don't know whether Nate was speculating or if he actually knows something (and I don't want to put words in his mouth) but I've heard about FE4 Echoes on one separate occasion as well, just nothing I put a lot of stock in.

What's obviously bullshit was that "rumour" about Path of Radiance that gained traction a few months ago. Redditors took someone's speculation as fact because that person had iirc leaked stuff about Three Houses in the past. That said, it could still happen but there's no actual rumour.
There were 2 moments that made people believe Path of Radiance remake.

1) Nintendo/Fire Emblem Heroes tweeted out Heores during the first year of launch. Each character that got tweeted had a introduction and what game they're from. One of them was Ike and the title under his name was: Echoes: Path of Radiance and they didn't even correct/delete it.

2) and the second was the one you mentioned. Thanibomb who leaked Three Houses story and content before 2019 E3 was just speculating and many (including me) thought she was hinting/teasing lol.

2022 the year of tactics and strategy. Imagine if Sega had the balls to develop and announce Valkyria Chronicles 5. That would be overload lol.

Fire Emblem has the same problem/opportunity as Nintendo as a whole: a bunch of past games a larger audience will appreciate and want, which aren't easily available internationally, but which are going to have to be paced and spread out over years.

I'd be happy with Holy War or Path of Radiance getting remade because I missed both.

1) Nintendo/Fire Emblem Heroes tweeted out Heores during the first year of launch. Each character that got tweeted had a introduction and what game they're from. One of them was Ike and the title under his name was: Echoes: Path of Radiance and they didn't even correct/delete it.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that. That's kinda funny.

Imagine if Square could deliver a proper Front Mission.

Square-Enix: "We heard you loud and clear."

Left Alive Cloud Edition for Switch

So after struggling to get into it at first, turns out the overwhelmingly positive critical and player reception for Chicory was right after all. Great little game that gets more and more fun with every ability you unlock with a really lovely story and themes and entertaining dialogue and character writing. It’s also super cathartic to to completely colour a screen and leave not one trace of white.

Plus it’s always nice to play an adventure game that doesn’t revolve around combat, can really feel that shared DNA with Wandersong.

This would have been game of the year for me in 2021 of it wasn’t for the release of TGAA.

starting to think posting SH2 even as a joke should warrant a warning/short term ban
I thought Silent Hill 2 was generally liked...

It actually legit took me a while to realize you were referring to samushunter2

No, I want FE in 2022

TACTICAL OVERLOAD

Honestly though. If the it's another FE Warriors already, after we just had Age of Calamity and Strikers last year...my little old person hands want menus. One or more other tactics games could absolutely take a backseat and get picked up in a sale next year instead lol.

Now would be a great time for SE to mention all these things so people can forget that rank letter from their president. Here's hoping!

Starting to get a Direct hankering, excited to see a Bayo release date and some surprises
Yeah, even though we probably only have 5 weeks or so at most before a general Direct, I'm really beginning to get The Urge To Be Advertised At. And this is despite a recent splurge of RPG purchases.

Things are pretty clear to me for now anyway - somehow clear multiple games this month and next, then Triangle Strategy and perhaps Kirby in March, with Advance Wars in April. That's a good start to the year.

Yeah, even though we probably only have 5 weeks or so at most before a general Direct, I'm really beginning to get The Urge To Be Advertised At. And this is despite a recent splurge of RPG purchases.

Things are pretty clear to me for now anyway - somehow clear multiple games this month and next, then Triangle Strategy and perhaps Kirby in March, with Advance Wars in April. That's a good start to the year.
After PL:A I've got no dated games on my wishlist so feeling the need to make my wallet cry

I am looking forward to Spl33n

I’m not super fond of shooters but the way Nintendo does them really clicks with me

I played and thoroughly enjoyed both Splatoons (but I have to finish 2’s story mode and the vast majority of Octo Expansion)

I’m also replaying all 3D Metroids now that I’ve run through all 2D Metroids and I’m really appreciating how much of an incredible achievement Metroid Prime really was

the Trilogy Wii controls didn’t click for me at first but now they have and I’m herving a blerst

plus (and feel free to call me a heathen) I realized you could turn the helmet and HUD off and that’s really helping me

I am so damn tired today. Just another 3 or 4 hours of work, though, and then I can switch my brain off and let KOTOR's outdated combat guide me through the evening. It's boring, and hilarious when you're blasting right next to someone and the laser's flying all around them, but it's actually kind of peacable and low-key enough for me to go ahead with when fatigued.
Mario on PlayStation, everyone!
And thus, the prophecy is complete.

The thing with FE remakes is that I would of course like a FE4 remake since I never played it before, but I also would very much like to see a PoR (and RD) remaster/remake since both of those games are nearly impossible to play today if you don’t own copies already and they’re also my favorite era of the series. Thing is, I don’t think remakes of the latter two games would require quite as extensive of work done compared to the older titles like FE4 so I do hope we see something regarding them sooner than later.

The common thought that the developers will continue just going in order in regards to remakes doesn’t make me too happy because, assuming brand new games in between each remake, then we’re looking at, oh, about a 2044 release date for a PoR remaster/remake. 😔

Remember how earlier I voiced concern about a potential SRPG overload on Switch this year? Well, I've given it some more thought, and I am now convinced that Microsoft should port Gears Tactics to Switch.

Send belp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom