• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST4 Jan. 2022| Resurrections

The next Switch model will be called...

• Nintendo Switch 2

Votes: 40 23.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Pro

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nintendo Switch 4k

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Nintendo Switch U

• Nintendo Switch +

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nintendo Switch Max

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Nintendo Switch Up

• New Nintendo Switch

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Nintendo Switch Advance

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Super Nintendo Switch

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Nintendo Switch Super

• Nintendo Switchxty Four

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Nintendo Switchcube

• Nintendo Swiitch

• Nintendo Change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Modify

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nintendo Adjust

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Nintendo Wii U 2

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Switch Plus

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important public service announcement from Reggie Fils-Aime.

Watch it. It may mean life or death.

currently waiting outside a best buy to get my sister a copy of pokemon, ask me anything
How long is the line?

Is it like Black Friday out there?

Did people bring chairs and sleeping bags?

Are people playing Pokemon with each other while in line to buy more Pokemon?

Guess who is spending inside this weekend doing nothing but playing games and shoveling 18-28” of snow like they’re 12 years old again?

sony buying sega-atlus would make a fair bit of sense at this point
What if MS and Sony decide to split them? MS gets the PC publishing arm, Sony gets everything else.

Just sitting here quietly waiting for my copy of Pokemon that I ordered from Walmart on Wednesday to be delivered this evening because the copy I ordered from Amazon last May got delayed til Tuesday.

I'm glad I went out early to get my girlfriend's copy of Arceus because that fucking terrorist convoy is showing up today and I'm NOT going to want to leave the house.

so my best buy usually opens at 10 but these days it's been 11, so about two dozen people and counting have tried to walk in and been appalled at the doors not opening

I'd be lying if I said it's not been funny

we have a pokemon for people who didn't get to gamestop ten minutes early, it's called brilliant diamond and shining pearl

That’s me bringing you all the retro shitposting

Also it’s a little mind blowing to remember that Circuit City and Toys R Us no longer exist
I remember when my local Circuit City closed. They turned it into a Best Buy. And someday that'll close and they'll turn it into Amperage Alley.

Nintendo focuses on """irrelevant""" and """unimportant""" franchises all the time, though.

I mean look, we just got Metroid Dread!!!!

Phew, I was just doing my trimestral backlog schedule for the next months and... my god, if literally nothing of interests releases from now on, with the exception of the almost/confirmed BOTW 2, Prime HD, Silksong and Fire Emblem (so no 3D Mario, no Xenoblade, no Chrono, no EPD4-not-stinky-game, no Mario Karts and the likes...) I have a completely full gaming schedule until October 2023, and that is assuming I will be able to stay on time with all of them, which I won't. Last year went so out of hand with the purchases.

I feel I need the Direct if only just to organize myself!

If someone is curious, this is how it is looking right now:

M7tSRxM.png

Or Funcoland

Or KB Toys

Or Sears

Or Kmart
This kills me. Kmart was actually really good at grabbing games like a decade ago. They had their shop rewards credit thing where they gave out like $20 worth of credit at times. It crossed over with Sears too, but my Sears never sold many games.

So should I finish Horizon Zero Dawn or start Pokemon Arceus? My mind is telling me the former (cause I need to finish it anyway) but my heart is telling me the latter :(

How far are you in on Zero Dawn? You might not want to go back after you start Pokemon lol

I enjoyed HZD. I never felt compelled to go back for the expansion, though.

This kills me. Kmart was actually really good at grabbing games like a decade ago. They had their shop rewards credit thing where they gave out like $20 worth of credit at times. It crossed over with Sears too, but my Sears never sold many games.

Man I spent way too much advantage of that program. I was on cheapassgamer.com and the Kmart rep had an account there so we got the inside track on upcoming deals.

The other nice thing about Kmart was that they had so many games that were never bought, you could find "rare" games there. I went shopping one day and saw a stack of Dragon Quest V for the DS, in like 2012! I only wish I bought all of them lol.

How far are you in on Zero Dawn? You might not want to go back after you start Pokemon lol
I've done pretty much all the main side quests and I'm at the point of the story just after you get to Meridian where you confront Olin/help Erend. I could probably run through the entire main story at this point if I wanted to.

Arceus isn't going to run away
But it came out today so it's new :( :( :(

(You're right lol)

To be fair, every "mainline" Metroid game released after 2005 have been mostly developed by outside studios like Team Ninja and MercurySteam. Hell, even Prime 4 was originally set to be developed by Bandai Namco, and Federation Force was made by Next Level years before they actually became a Nintendo subsidary.

So Metroid actually is a series deemed not really important enough for a full blown dedicated team within EPD. Which looking at that EPD thread seems to be the argument, or at least speculation, for Pikmin.

So should I finish Horizon Zero Dawn or start Pokemon Arceus? My mind is telling me the former (cause I need to finish it anyway) but my heart is telling me the latter :(
Are you enjoying Zero Dawn? I found it to be a pretty dull open world, and it sounds like Pokemon is at least going for something. If you're enjoying it then finish, but if not go for the shiny new thing.

Man I spent way too much advantage of that program. I was on cheapassgamer.com and the Kmart rep had an account there so we got the inside track on upcoming deals.

The other nice thing about Kmart was that they had so many games that were never bought, you could find "rare" games there. I went shopping one day and saw a stack of Dragon Quest V for the DS, in like 2012! I only wish I bought all of them lol.
Yeah, I was on CAG for stuff like that too lol

The worst part about that whole deal was just going to Kmart and me flagging down one of the 4 workers I saw in the store to only wait 15-20mins to unlock the door for the game. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom