• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? β€” Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is it guys. I need your help! I am trying to summon a spirit Bomb!

Raise your hands to give me energy!
πŸ™ŒπŸΏ

I need to summon Megaman Legend collection.

Last edited:
You know, I'm surprised we haven't seen a Murder By Numbers 2 yet. First game was good fun.
At this point, I'm assuming that Mediatonic is gonna be stuck working on Fall Guys (yep, same developer!) for the foreseeable future. Given that they're now owned by Epic Games, I'm sadly not very optimistic for Murder by Numbers 2.

Also I feel I should make it clear I'm being deliberately ridiculous because I'm aware a week is not very long πŸ˜…

Honestly it's probably a bit of mental exhaustion coupled with choice anxiety (even though I've already picked out the next game so it's not choosing a game but rather choosing to do that or watch a show or watch a movie or browse music on youtube or photoshop more shitposts, etc etc)
(I actually just did one in the Taco Bell thread that I'm really proud of)
(I did that instead of playing a video game)

Like @Suswave said, treats for later!

Hey where is Sus btw? things've been.... quiet πŸ‘€
starch gambit made me slow

plus I was up really early (medical reasons) and barely slept

this isn’t a bit lmao this regular me

I know that saying two videos, three gambits, and lots of plot sprinklings is a β€œslow day” is… not at all accurate lmao

but I’m very much running behind

wrote some tools to help speed up some of the process but I need to take it a little easy β€” sorry for the wrinkles!

I thought about making this a thread, but I don't think it's an interesting enough topic to sustain a whole thread. So:

Anyone have any guesses for if/when Nintendo will finally leave Twitter/X or at least start posting the same content on another social media platform? When Threads was stood up, I thought that had the best chance of being Nintendo's new home, given they're already on Instagram. However, months later, searching Threads brings up no official results for Nintendo. Bluesky is now open, and there doesn't seem to be a Nintendo account there either. Same for Mastodon. Gaming news is basically the only reason I still use X, and so far, it seems like Nintendo has been unwilling to mirror their X content elsewhere.

My X experience isn't terrible because I use a browser extension that really focuses my experience to be only the accounts I follow and not much else that could distract me. It's truly a "newsfeed" for me. Still, I wouldn't mind leaving the platform for some likely obvious reasons.

wakes up in a pool of jet black ooze
Is that edible? Our crickets are hungry. House TWO right now:

Locust4.gif

Love critters a lot. So I'll also do this. I STROKE BINGLES IN THE NAME OF TWO Like, stroke its furry little head. Good pupper.

Hurrah consumerism. I have fell into the depths of even more brick hell, having managed to get my hands on one of the Sonic Lego sets at a cheaper price. I can now vaguely recreate a potential scene from Smash.

ba7292ebd1809da0c82fc30925edd903f6df1080.jpg

Sigh, had to give up on Super Metroid.

There was so much I loved about it, like the visuals, music, and atmosphere.

But as someone who never played it back in its day, I found it really frustrating. It felt like I had to constantly check a guide because every 5 minutes I'd reach a point where the way forward was not indicated in any way, when I looked it up it the answer was always "shoot this completely random piece of wall in this random room with no signposting whatsoever" and it just felt like a game of "guess what the developers were thinking" rather than anything based on logic.
Throw in some troublesome controls and annoying boss fights and I eventually had to call it quits as it was just making me feel exhausted and unhappy.

Maybe you just had to be there, or maybe it's a skill issue and I'm just not cut out for these old school Metroidvanias.

It's a shame cos I really wanted to like it. Sorry for the rant, just needed to vent.

Last edited:
Is that edible? Our crickets are hungry. House TWO right now:

Locust4.gif

Love critters a lot. So I'll also do this. I STROKE BINGLES IN THE NAME OF TWO Like, stroke its furry little head. Good pupper.
Abyss Goo is not safe to eat... I think. Better not risk it.

I thought about making this a thread, but I don't think it's an interesting enough topic to sustain a whole thread. So:

Anyone have any guesses for if/when Nintendo will finally leave Twitter/X or at least start posting the same content on another social media platform? When Threads was stood up, I thought that had the best chance of being Nintendo's new home, given they're already on Instagram. However, months later, searching Threads brings up no official results for Nintendo. Bluesky is now open, and there doesn't seem to be a Nintendo account there either. Same for Mastodon. Gaming news is basically the only reason I still use X, and so far, it seems like Nintendo has been unwilling to mirror their X content elsewhere.

My X experience isn't terrible because I use a browser extension that really focuses my experience to be only the accounts I follow and not much else that could distract me. It's truly a "newsfeed" for me. Still, I wouldn't mind leaving the platform for some likely obvious reasons.
Feels like it will either only happen if the platform actually shuts down or a significant amount of people jump ship to whatever alternative there is. None of which has really happened yet, for better or for worse (definitely the latter if you'd ask me)

Hurrah consumerism. I have fell into the depths of even more brick hell, having managed to get my hands on one of the Sonic Lego sets at a cheaper price. I can now vaguely recreate a potential scene from Smash.

ba7292ebd1809da0c82fc30925edd903f6df1080.jpg

The dead Mario in the back with the dead eyes is somehow creepy.

I personally find Steve's empty smile even more upsetting :ROFLMAO:

That's a smile? I always thought that as a goatee.

The dead Mario in the back with the dead eyes is somehow creepy.

Unfortunately, the Mario minifig ran out of battery power (or is damaged). So I left him as 'knocked out by Pikachu'.

Anyway, my entire set-up is gone now since my nephew came over and started playing with my display. Oh well, toys are meant to be played anyway.

I don't know what's more strange-creepy on that Steve lego fig, it being a goatee or a smile.

Re: Steve That's a goatee. Same color as his hair, and if you look at other player models, their mouths are also set in the middle

Just realized Hollow Knight Silksong was announced 7 years ago. Goddamn. For those who are desperately needing a Hollow Knight-fix the wait must be terrible by now.

Just realized Hollow Knight Silksong was announced 7 years ago. Goddamn. For those who are desperately needing a Hollow Knight-fix the wait must be terrible by now.
It's not even the waiting, it's the complete lack of communication that's making this frustrating. Especially after that one Trailer which looked like a launch trailer πŸ‘€

It's not even the waiting, it's the complete lack of communication that's making this frustrating. Especially after that one Trailer which looked like a launch trailer πŸ‘€

You wanna know what's even more baffling?

The last Gamescom before Covid hit (haven't been there since that time), Nintendo had a freaking demo-station with Silksong in the "Indie Area" of their booth.

I played that demo. That was 2019.

And it played good already.

You wanna know what's even more baffling?

The last Gamescom before Covid hit (haven't been there since that time), Nintendo had a freaking demo-station with Silksong in the "Indie Area" of their booth.

I played that demo. That was 2019.

Wow. Didn't know that... and that was one of the years I didn't feel like going 😬

Silksong is still being woven in the DEPTHS of the Hallownest. Get Team Cherry to hurry by jostling them around.

I STRIKE ABYSS IN THE NAME OF TWO
Fool! Everybody knows Hornet (and the Knight) are allies of the Abyss (they're void after all)
πŸ‘€

I STRIKE TWO IN THE NAME OF ABYSS

that is literally not true lmao

five years, c’mon

Hey! If we had anything to do with Silksong we'd be jostling ourselves
Maybe you're not jostling yourselves enough! (I mean, the ABYSS is huge. It's gonna take a lot of jostling)

I STRIKE TWO IN THE NAME OF ABYSS
And because you have done this, the SECOND game in the Hallownest universe has been further delayed. We shall restore the balance!

I STRIKE ABYSS IN THE NAME OF TWO

Got two amiibos today after years without buying one. This shit is addictive, I'm fucked. These things cost a fortune in Brazil.

My favorite part of the Zelda concert was definitely the Link’s Awakening Medley. If I wasn’t 30 some hours into Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth, I’d be very tempted to give that game a replay.

Here’s the link if you haven’t seen it yet.

Maaaaan i can't listen to the concert.

Please Nintendo, let me buy such stuff on music streaming services.

alright I’m not going to go all the way down the rabbit hole but Silksong misinformation is making my just-woke-up ass go on a tear
  • Silksong was announced in February 2019, almost 5 years ago
  • Team Cherry never said it was coming soon β€” Nintendo did, as a placeholder, and the Treehouse gang read way too much into the quality of the demo
  • Part of why the demo came together quickly is because one of the areas was a scrapped one from Hollow Knight, formerly known as the Forest of Bones
  • Full-time development didn’t start until after Hollow Knight was complete β€” the Godmaster DLC came out at the end of 2018
  • The game is aiming to match the scope of the COMPLETE Hollow Knight, including all DLC, translations, and platforms. THAT’S what they consider the finished game
  • Since Hornet is taller and faster, rooms literally have to be quite a bit larger to feel the same size as a Hollow Knight room
  • On top of that, Xbox and Playstation were not initially planned for release. Both struck deals to get it at the same time. So… they’ve had to develop it for ~5+ systems at once.
  • The main team of Team Cherry is three people
  • Other than the global pandemic, which they say didn’t affect them more than a little, William became a dad, which affected them more
  • We have had Silksong news every year since announcement
  • They have always said they didn’t want to show too much beforehand and take away from the joy of discovery
  • they have also always said that they would ramp up marketing and information about Silksong once they were close enough to release, which really is a better strategy even if it annoys you
  • Xbox does not have any form of β€œadvertising exclusivity” and that has always been wildly incorrect
  • Silksong has officially been delayed, initially slated for H1 2023 β€” Xbox was not lying about intended release window
  • Hornet is not goddamn void, crucially, and that is literally why she can’t initially go with you into the Black Egg

Last edited:
someone oughta hurry up and fill that knight up if he’s so hollow!
mm. see. historically that’s been a problem

alright I’m not going to go all the way down the rabbit hole but Silksong misinformation is making my just-woke-up ass go on a tear
  • Silksong was announced in February 2019, almost 5 years ago
  • Team Cherry never said it was coming soon β€” Nintendo did, as a placeholder, and the Treehouse gang read way too much into the quality of the demo
  • Part of why the demo came together quickly is because one of the areas was a scrapped one from Hollow Knight, formerly known as the Forest of Bones
  • Full-time development didn’t start until after Hollow Knight was complete β€” the Godmaster DLC came out at the end of 2018
  • The game is aiming to match the scope of the COMPLETE Hollow Knight, including all DLC, translations, and platforms. THAT’S what they consider the finished game
  • Since Hornet is taller and faster, rooms literally have to be quite a bit larger to feel the same size as a Hollow Knight room
  • On top of that, Xbox and Playstation were not initially planned for release. Both struck deals to get it at the same time. So… they’ve had to develop it for ~5+ systems at once.
  • The main team of Team Cherry is three people
  • Other than the global pandemic, which they say didn’t affect them more than a little, William became a dad, which affected them more
  • We have had Silksong news every year since announcement
  • They have always said they didn’t want to show too much beforehand and take away from the joy of discovery
  • they have also always said that they would ramp up marketing and information about Silksong once they were close enough to release, which really is a better strategy even if it annoys you
  • Xbox does not have any form of β€œadvertising exclusivity” and that has always been wildly incorrect
  • Silksong has officially been delayed, initially slated for H1 2023 β€” Xbox was not lying about intended release window
  • Hornet is not goddamn void, crucially, and that is literally why she can’t initially go with you into the Black Egg

I ... i ... just said that the demo played good. ._.

someone oughta hurry up and fill that knight up if he’s so hollow!
(also not to brag but the knight is a they. please let us have this one win πŸ₯²)

I ... i ... just said that the demo played good. ._.
oh yeah! no, sorry, lmao, most of this was in response to everyone else’s posts, sorry for posting that list on the response to you 🀣

clearly I should still be asleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom