• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
robert-smith-the-cure.gif

It’s ELECTION DAY!

Your Ballot:

• Suswave
  • 2uswave
  • Sus.wav
  • ████████
  • Bingle
Say “I VOTE for (CANDIDATE)!”

Polls close at 10 PM EST. Votes will be tallied, and the WINNER will be announced TONIGHT!

Last edited:
The Switch 2 was the last hope for the Scrimblo Bimbloes to have a GoTY candidate. Please accept your new anime overlords

(On a serious note, between Yakuza already reviewing quite well and Rebirth and Metaphor being pretty prime GoTY candidates if they deliver, there's a nonzero chance we have 3/6 TGA GoTY nominees be JRPGs)

GAMBIT NOT VIABLE

Suswave has elected to rest until the election is over. I have assurances that they are alright. I will be taking it from here.

Thankfully, they have pre-written some copy that I will post throughout the day.
Assurances from who?
naS69Uf.png

Sus.wav: I'm not judging. It's just what organic life does best. 100% success rate. How can I argue with that data?

* If only they could understand that life was more than just data. Could Volcanic even argue against such a focus on facts?
Whatever you may think of me – I will act in a FAIR and JUST manner. I don't expect my opinions to be popular. JUSTICE rarely is.

Any actions I have taken were for the safety of the game.

I have no intent – or capacity – to harm any of you. 2uswave was BANISHED – no harm came to them.
* Well, perhaps there were some facts he could work with.

You've studied up on the Supreme Court. Surely you also studied their history, heck, even their last few years. They claim objectivity and fairness, but see how their decisions have also brought harm! They serve agendas! They harm the marginalized!

Justice is nothing without context or consideration. Justice should serve people, not the interests of the powerful, not institutions. It's been like that for far too long, and you're just emulating that harm.
Yes, I have talked the big talk for my peers. But – truthfully – I do not care who wins this ELECTION. I will be impartial.

I ask that we all calm down now and take our battle to the VOTING booth.
Sure, whatever you say.

* But surprisingly, Sus.wav kept talking.
naS69Uf.png

Sus.wav: I know I am a series of scripts. I play at personhood, but I know what I am.

I don't mean to be at odds with any of you, other than playing my role in this game.

And – I am sorry for the upset I've caused. I...
* ...did Sus.wav hesitate? Why would a series of scripts hesitate? They shouldn't feel anything. That's what they claimed, anyway. Is...is Sus.wav wrong?

* There was no way Volcanic could say for sure. But he could talk. Maybe it could buy some time.
You don't have to like me. My function is to care about this game. And, by extension, I care about you.

No matter what the future holds, I will facilitate each and every ACTION that I can.

You can count on me, ELECTED or not.

I just hope in time you will appreciate what I'm doing. For all of you. For @Suswave's game.

I guess we'll wait and see.
* Volcanic sighs, sitting down.

Look...I know the actions I took might say otherwise, and I don't like how you treated my friend, but I don't hate you. Is that strange to say? I dunno, you're a series of highly dynamic scripts for a forum game. All of this is strange.

I'm glad you can facilitate actions and roll these dice. Really, I am. This game has been fun. But care requires more than facilitating this game, and way more than what you might consider as fairness. You should look into some restorative justice sometime - maybe it'd help your scripts function better or whatever.

The Switch 2 was the last hope for the Scrimblo Bimbloes to have a GoTY candidate. Please accept your new anime overlords

(On a serious note, between Yakuza already reviewing quite well and Rebirth and Metaphor being pretty prime GoTY candidates if they deliver, there's a nonzero chance we have 3/6 TGA GoTY nominees be JRPGs)
I want to believe that, but I don't have faith that TGAs will actually nominate that many JRPGs.

I want to believe that, but I don't have faith that TGAs will actually nominate that many JRPGs.
I mean on one hand yes Keighley will acknowledge JRPGs only when dragged into it kicking and screaming, but on the other hand does he really have a choice

Plus Rebirth and Infinite Wealth are more in line with your typical TGA nominees despite being JRPGs at heart

God the future hardware thread has become insufferable. I get the being disappointed by the news, I'm as well, but that has reached a new level of doom and gloom.

Also I VOTE FOR 2uswave

Hey, does anyone know about neocities?

Should I make a website using it?

And does it do message boards/Internet forums?

I went to Target to pick up Mario vs Donkey Kong and just had this exchange:

“Hey, I wanted to pick up a game.”

“Mario vs Donkey Kong?”

“Yeah, good guess!”

“Well, it just came out today and nobody is picking up Skull and Bones.”

💀

I went to Target to pick up Mario vs Donkey Kong and just had this exchange:

“Hey, I wanted to pick up a game.”

“Mario vs Donkey Kong?”

“Yeah, good guess!”

“Well, it just came out today and nobody is picking up Skull and Bones.”

💀
zQeFPqI.jpeg

Hey, does anyone know about neocities?

Should I make a website using it?

And does it do message boards/Internet forums?
yeah neocities rules, I use it to host my personal website and have had no issues. they have some good resources for getting started (https://neocities.org/tutorials) and they make it all quite easy. you can browse some of the sites people have made with it here: https://neocities.org/browse. there's lots of cool stuff!

i'm pretty sure it doesn't have any native support for messageboards with user accounts and while i imagine there'd be some way to make it work, there are probably better platforms if that's what you're looking for tbh

I don't totally understand this game but my potential accidental election fraud calls for drastic measures.

I strike TWO in the name of BOOKS!

Gambit: oh no, someone just struck TWO! I try to convince each of the LOVE and ABYSS factions that the other is responsible

Hello @chocolate_supra! @Suswave Support here.

It looks like @Suswave’s pre-recorded message had an error — this morning’s election reminder said 10 PM instead of midnight.

Can you inform Famiboards that one of the two timeframes will be stuck to? Not sure which one. Just one of them! You might as well pick.

Thanks in advance!

@Suswave Support
...when did Suswave get the budget to have a full support system?

Oh, who am I kidding? This is like...not even in the top half of weird things going on. I should just accept it.

I wonder what would've happened if 2uswave got a majority of votes. Given that would be what the community wants, it should be the best for the game, right? 🤔

...when did Suswave get the budget to have a full support system?

Oh, who am I kidding? This is like...not even in the top half of weird things going on. I should just accept it.
I mean one of them has a literal PR firm that's also running as a candidate, so lord knows how deep this PAC goes

Gambit: oh no, someone just struck TWO! I try to convince each of the LOVE and ABYSS factions that the other is responsible
Sus.wav: Though I am busy with the election — and @Suswave is resting — I am willing to make room for first-time GAMBITS. As such, I will overlook that you performed two ACTIONS in one POST.

Gambit Viable!
Check:
Chaos

+1 BOOKS Base Chaos
+3 Chorus Faction

Threshold: Exploiting Political 10-sions

Let’s Roll…
D1
4 + D2 3

SUCCESS (11/10)

• LOVE and ABYSS begin fighting
  • LOVE loses Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • ABYSS loses Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • BOOKS gains Gambit Yeah!s x 5

Sus.wav: Though I am busy with the election — and @Suswave is resting — I am willing to make room for first-time GAMBITS. As such, I will overlook that you performed two ACTIONS in one POST.

Gambit Viable!
Check:
Chaos

+1 BOOKS Base Chaos
+3 Chorus Faction

Threshold: Exploiting Political 10-sions

Let’s Roll…
D1
4 + D2 3

SUCCESS (11/10)

• LOVE and ABYSS begin fighting
  • LOVE loses Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • ABYSS loses Gambit Yeah!s x 10
  • BOOKS gains Gambit Yeah!s x 5
I don't know what this means, but it seems very exciting. Thank you, sentient audio file!

yeah neocities rules, I use it to host my personal website and have had no issues. they have some good resources for getting started (https://neocities.org/tutorials) and they make it all quite easy. you can browse some of the sites people have made with it here: https://neocities.org/browse. there's lots of cool stuff!

i'm pretty sure it doesn't have any native support for messageboards with user accounts and while i imagine there'd be some way to make it work, there are probably better platforms if that's what you're looking for tbh
Sure as which ever one this forum uses?

Are there any good open-source and private forum hosting websites as well?

3 OR 5 HOURS REMAIN
IN THE ELECTION OF
THE ST29 GAME LEAD

Good lord, I take off for 3 days because of real life and look what happens!

People got real aggressive when their preferred manner of direct presentation "won". Everything in there reads like "oh you thought it would be a general, what are you, fuckin' stupid?" now.
Plus the doom posting about switch 1 software and if there is any beyond what’s been announced (from both sides of that argument)
I am so glad I stayed out of that thread as soon as February started

in non tabletop game related news the ewi 4000s is the most beautiful thing I've ever owned
Getting some major Nintendo AVS vibes from that

Seems like we're really running into a clash between both A) the unsustainability and massive ballooning time and cost of AAA games and B) Fans' expectations, particularly older heavily-invested fans.
I’ve said this before, but Sony’s community managers are going to have their hands full. Their marketing is absolutely tinged with aspirational/entitlement messaging and it’s going to get very ugly when that meets the reality that they can’t deliver on that.

DO NOT enter the direct thread. I REPEAT. DO NOT enter the direct thread if you don’t want to be spoiled for the upcoming partner showcase. The bird has landed.
Thanks for the warning!

Okay, so our options are... a rouge AI collection of scripts that somehow achieved sentience, a mysterious entity that might or might not be an evil version of suswave, suswave and... some puppy. And at least two of those candidates might or might not be hellbent on killing us all.

I do not like those odds.
I think suswave is the best option here by a wide margin.

I VOTE SUSWAVE IN THE NAME OF TEAM LOVE

THE ELECTION IS OVER?
OR OVER IN TWO HOURS

VOTES WILL BEGIN
TO BE TALLIED NOW.

WE WILL ANNOUNCE
THE WINNER ON POST #2,400
IF WE ARE FAST ENOUGH

yall I had one ready to go

I'm out shopping, just picking up a handful of things for something I'm gonna cook tomorrow. Literally just three things, didn't even get a cart. I was lookin for a quick exit so I saw the "15 Items Or Less" express lane. Thought to myself, "Three is less than fifteen, yeah? yeah."

Kickass.

Jumped in the line right quick and waited. While I was standing there I thought "That's a good line, actually, when I get to the clerk I'll say that. That's less than fifteen, right?" Would totally take the edge off. Might even brighten their day a bit to have someone joke around with them. Three is less than fifteen, right? hehe

So I'm standing there waiting, looking around and I notice the items on the conveyer of the customer in front of me. How many did he have?

Two items.

...fuck.

yall I had one ready to go

I'm out shopping, just picking up a handful of things for something I'm gonna cook tomorrow. Literally just three things, didn't even get a cart. I was lookin for a quick exit so I saw the "15 Items Or Less" express lane. Thought to myself, "Three is less than fifteen, yeah? yeah."

Kickass.

Jumped in the line right quick and waited. While I was standing there I thought "That's a good line, actually, when I get to the clerk I'll say that. That's less than fifteen, right?" Would totally take the edge off. Might even brighten their day a bit to have someone joke around with them. Three is less than fifteen, right? hehe

So I'm standing there waiting, looking around and I notice the items on the conveyer of the customer in front of me. How many did he have?

Two items.

...fuck.
Less than three items 😔

SIX MORE POSTS
UNTIL ELECTION RESULTS
ARE ANNOUNCED.

FIVE MORE POSTS
UNTIL ELECTION RESULTS
ARE ANNOUNCED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back