• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST29 Feb. 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity

What Is Your Burning Desire? — Read the ST First

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me, a fool: wow! A free Friday afternoon. It's finally time to start Baldur's Gate 3.

BG3: haha 48GB patch goes brrrrr

naS69Uf.png

Sus.wav: Suswave brings a human element to the game, writes GAMBIT descriptions, and counts all the things that I find too annoying to count.

But like all living things, their TRUE JOB is to die.
To...die?

* A chill ran down Volcanic's spine. Sus.wave was more of a danger than he could have ever realized.

You...you know nothing about life! About our purposes! About what brings meaning! You are unfit to control this game! You need to be stopped!

* But Sus.wav was not alone. People rose to fight for their cause. Chaos was beginning to spread, and Order tried to reassert itself.
...why do I hear boss music?
You fool! Don't you understand that what we're doing is a blessing?! Order must be absolute! Order must reign above all! So it is written in the BOOK of Absolute Law!
I STRIKE ALL IN THE NAME OF BOOKS!!!!!
D36, you need to stand down! You're not seeing the big picture here!

* Volcanic might be able to STRIKE, but without a weapon to fight back, he was defenseless against a particularly strong hit. Unfortunately for him, this was an especially poor time to lack the means to do battle.

No, I think that maybe we're not using STRIKEs enough.
meatbag, listen, we have a common enemy. We need to fight back against them.

Wait...what are you-!
We must take revenge for 2uswave! I STRIKE BOOKS IN THE NAME OF TWO
* Volcanic closed his eyes and braced for impact. But...he felt nothing. He opened hid eyes, only to see...
Hey whoa whoa whoa, @VolcanicDynamo is in House BOOKS, and Volc was 2uswave's friend! Attacking their friend isn't revenge!!

uhhhhhhhhhh GAMBIT: I attempt to jump in front of and BLOCK meatbag's STRIKE on BOOKS
...chocolate_supra diving right in front of him!

"Choco...!"
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Willpower

+2 LOVE Base Willpower

Threshold: 10 (Tender, Vulnerable Flesh Shield)

Let’s Roll…
D1
5 + D2 4

SUCCESS (11/10)

@meatbag’s STRIKE hits LOVE instead!
* The block worked. Wow, he was fast! Choco might have taken the hit, but he was barely any worse for wear.

* And thank goodness for it, because Volcanic had other problems to contend with. D36, not content with a STRIKE, had other plans....
GAMBIT: Give Bingle lessons from the BOOK of Absolute Law. Indoctrinate Educate him on the ways of our House. Other houses should participate.
Leave the dog out of this! Bingle is innocent!
Gambit Viable!
Check:
Knowledge

+4 BOOKS Base Knowledge
+3 Chorus Faction

Threshold: 15 Dogs by André Alexis

Let’s Roll…
D1
6 + D2 2

SUCCESS (15/15)

You try to turn Candidate Bingle into a fascist, you piece of shit!! WHY would you DO that to BINGLE?! and HELLO, we don’t need another FASCIST CANDIDATE!!!!
* Now that was the Suswave Volcanic remembered. It was good to see that his friend was still around...
I’M SO ANGRY THAT YOU DID THIS. WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!

oh

oh I yelled too much and I’m

m—
* ...but not for very long.

Sus!!!

* Amongst the fighting and strife, Volcanic tries his hardest to make it towards his friend.

Sus...Sus! Wake up! Please, you need to get up! Shit, shit, shit...what to do...?

* Volcanic rummaged through his belongings. He lacked most of his cooking ingredients, and he didn't have much of an ability to make a meal. But he could try one thing...

GAMBIT: I take out a thermos containing green tea. It's my preferred way to have it, with a squeeze of lemon and a hearty helping of honey. Not sure if this is to Suswave's taste, but maybe the aroma and a sip could help? I'll pour it into one of my spare mugs and try to give it to them...

IRL Volcanic coming in to say that I could really go for some tea right now. I have to make some when I get home from work.
  • CANDIDATE BINGLE ate some of your BOOKS
  • BINGLE has gained a POLITICAL ALIGNMENT: The Hungry No More Party (HNM)
  • BINGLE has gained a FAVORITE FOOD: BOOKS
  • BOOKS gains Gambit Yeah!s x 4
  • BOOKS loses Gambit Yeah!s x 8
  • because of the BOOKS
  • (that got eaten…)
* ...at least Bingle only got a hunger for books instead of conservatism...?

Has anyone here played Assassins Creed Origins' history mode (or whatever it's called) and can tell me if I can access it without having played the normal game and if you think it's good?

GAMBIT: I take out a thermos containing green tea. It's my preferred way to have it, with a squeeze of lemon and a hearty helping of honey. Not sure if this is to Suswave's taste, but maybe the aroma and a sip could help? I'll pour it into one of my spare mugs and try to give it to them...
GAMBIT NOT VIABLE

Suswave has elected to rest until the election is over. I have assurances that they are alright. I will be taking it from here.

Thankfully, they have pre-written some copy that I will post throughout the day.

To...die?

naS69Uf.png

Sus.wav: I'm not judging. It's just what organic life does best. 100% success rate. How can I argue with that data?

Whatever you may think of me – I will act in a FAIR and JUST manner. I don't expect my opinions to be popular. JUSTICE rarely is.

Any actions I have taken were for the safety of the game.

I have no intent – or capacity – to harm any of you. 2uswave was BANISHED – no harm came to them.

Yes, I have talked the big talk for my peers. But – truthfully – I do not care who wins this ELECTION. I will be impartial.

I ask that we all calm down now and take our battle to the VOTING booth.

Last edited:
naS69Uf.png

Sus.wav: I know I am a series of scripts. I play at personhood, but I know what I am.

I don't mean to be at odds with any of you, other than playing my role in this game.

And – I am sorry for the upset I've caused. I...

You don't have to like me. My function is to care about this game. And, by extension, I care about you.

No matter what the future holds, I will facilitate each and every ACTION that I can.

You can count on me, ELECTED or not.

I just hope in time you will appreciate what I'm doing. For all of you. For @Suswave's game.

I guess we'll wait and see.

DO NOT enter the direct thread. I REPEAT. DO NOT enter the direct thread if you don’t want to be spoiled for the upcoming partner showcase. The bird has landed.

Okay, so our options are... a rouge AI collection of scripts that somehow achieved sentience, a mysterious entity that might or might not be an evil version of suswave, suswave and... some puppy. And at least two of those candidates might or might not be hellbent on killing us all.

I do not like those odds.

Hmm, getting the itch for an OG FFVII replay before I get Rebirth. Probably should have done it sooner but oh well. How's the Switch port?

Dang, with all this weirdness happening lately on top of the new Brazil info we really need some actual info soon. March can't come fast enough.

We also have another choice:

ANARCHY

Let's reduce ALL to cinders! Wipe this from the history BOOKS!

I STRIKE BOOKS IN THE NAME OF TWO
Look, I'm as big a fan of anarchy as the average ABYSS member. But I believe striking BOOKS is not the way to go forward. Besides, it'd be much funnier if we first vote someone into office and then burn everything down 👀

I VOTE SUSWAVE in the name of ABYSS

Okay, so our options are... a rouge AI collection of scripts that somehow achieved sentience
naS69Uf.png

Sus.wav: Let me be clear. I am not sentient. I am not AI. I am dynamic scripts, with pre-programmed things to say — using minimal dynamic input.

I know I am simply the GAME ENGINE and that is why I would like to run the GAME. It is my purpose.

But I really don’t care. I physically can’t.

I am not a person. I am not alive. I am not sentient. and I am not AI.

I am happy to say that going back to the Dragon Engine with Yakuza 6 after going through Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 is a bit like the feeling you get once you put on glasses for the first time.

Also: I bought gravity circuit. I'm psyched to start it (whenever it happens)

Lmao, he was on MTV Cribs?

He definitely says he was.

Lmao, he was on MTV Cribs?
Well...no. He did have a house tour which he claims was on MTV Cribs...

...but that's a fucking lie. It was never on MTV Cribs. He claimed it was for the clout, just like he does for almost all of his supposed accomplishments.

Re: Tallarico's mansion

I don't know if it's my ADHD or my inherent need for maximalist decor, but I kinda vibe with it. Maybe not as much the Spider-Man room, but the others...I kinda wish I had the money to get excessive furniture and art and mirror ceilings.

tf did they do to Goku in the english dub??
Not just the dub, but I remember reading years ago that Toriyama said the anime in general completely got his character wrong. He said he wrote Goku to be sort of an ignorant country bumpkin who doesn't understand what he's doing and is constantly getting himself into trouble with his headstrong fighter attitude, but that the anime production and thus pop culture overall saw him more as a generic can-do hero and framed him differently in the animation.

One of the things about the Majin Buu saga being unnecessary and pissing Toriyama off was that Goku's revelation at the end of the Cell Games about how he attracts trouble and needs to stay out of it for the sake of his family (and the world), and passing the torch to Gohan (who not only has the strength but is smart as hell) was supposed to be the completion of Goku's character arc. And then being forced by his editor to bring Goku back to make him the focus of the Buu saga screwed that up for him.

I know it's a stretch to compare that to Home Improvement, but anytime I see a show or movie where I don't gel at all with the main character but I think the supporting cast is great (if not seemingly the point of the story), it reminds me of the huge disconnect I see in DBZ between Goku and the entire rest of the cast.

Huh, just had a prank call at work. First one I've ever gotten at this job. I didn't realize people still did that.
I used to get what I thought were prank calls at work, but in hindsight I think it was just normal customers who somehow sincerely expected work immediately and for half-off. 🤔

I don't know if it's my ADHD or my inherent need for maximalist decor, but I kinda vibe with it. Maybe not as much the Spider-Man room, but the others...I kinda wish I had the money to get excessive furniture and art and mirror ceilings.
One thing I do like in those photos is the exposed wood beams. I love that shit for some reason.

I used to get what I thought were prank calls at work, but in hindsight I think it was just normal customers who somehow sincerely expected work immediately and for half-off. 🤔
Tbh the only reason I know it was a prank call is they yelled the n-word right before they hung up. Otherwise it could have just been a wrong number call.

If I have a mansion I'm covering it wall to wall in bullshit and I don't really care what anyone says

New Millionaire homes are so lame. Where are the ridiculous 90's millionaire homes? You can see some pro athletes like 25 million dollar home and it just looks like some overly large HGTV monochrome garbage with almost no furniture, no walls full of expensive leather books that you gotta use a ladder with the wheels on them to scroll past. Only features they'll have is like that TV above the fireplace in the living room with maybe muted color piece of abstract art. Ill take the wacky house with the tacky ass giant Spiderman statue over that thanks.

One thing I do like in those photos is the exposed wood beams. I love that shit for some reason.
Same dawg. I once woke up from a vivid architectural dream that I immediately had to sit at my desk and sketch out an A-Frame cabin with exposed wood cross beams. I have absolutely no drawing/sketching skills available to me, but I still have that drawing stuffed in my desk drawer and I will settle to at least one day rent a nice A-Frame off AirBNB to fuck off for a weekend with no one else just to relax

If I have a mansion I'm covering it wall to wall in bullshit and I don't really care what anyone says

New Millionaire homes are so lame. Where are the ridiculous 90's millionaire homes? You can see some pro athletes like 25 million dollar home and it just looks like some overly large HGTV monochrome garbage with almost no furniture, no walls full of expensive leather books that you gotta use a ladder with the wheels on them to scroll past. Only features they'll have is like that TV above the fireplace in the living room with maybe muted color piece of abstract art. Ill take the wacky house with the tacky ass giant Spiderman statue over that thanks.
💯

There is nothing I'm more proud of in my kitschy condo decor than a metal Tyrannosaur skull statue I have that I bought off Kijiji for about $200, because the guy selling it said his 4 year old son woke up one morning terrified of dinosaurs. It sits underneath a framed print I have of the final scene from The Lost World: Jurassic Park with the two T Rex parents and the baby with the Barnes & Noble special edition Jurassic Park duology with silver edged pages and a lone Red Pikmin sitting in a little remote control holder plush armchair.

I loathe white walls and that's all I'm surrounded by; I want maximalist interior design with personality and style

I'm aware this is weird but if I ever fell face-first into enough money to build a home my way I'd want what the MC of Tron Legacy had: just plop a few shipping containers down on a plot with a view of a bay, toss a couch and a TV in there with a little kitchenette and install a big side-access door to open out into a view of the bay. Done.

thierry-doizon-3579976090208-560262324eb7b.jpg

☝️ That shit there is unironically my dream and has been ever since that movie came out.

you know i've had a switch since 2020 but i barely played it and i think going in to the new successor i'm going to try all the games so yes im part of the reason MK9 isn't announced since MK8 keeps selling

Some of it is actually cool kind of kitsch, but just imagine coming home drunk one late night unsuspecting walking into that Spider-man, I'd freak out 😭

If I had a mansion like that I'd make sure I have a carefully curated library sorted on alphabet with a great selection of non-fiction. Also I would finally be able to have all my records in one place together with my studio equipment an dj gear, that would be so awesome 😎

Last edited:
Welp

I've taken time to mull it over, and considering the goddamn violence being lobbed at CANDIDATES in this thread, I cannot in good conscience put a puppy at the focal point (especially since there have been attempts on THE PUPPY'S LIFE AS WELL ffs)

Also I think that computer is sus as hell, and not the cool kind

So I believe what I need to do is vote for the person who I've known to have our best interests at heart this whole time.

I VOTE for SUSWAVE in the name of LOVE!

Not just the dub, but I remember reading years ago that Toriyama said the anime in general completely got his character wrong.
Trust me, I know. I've been a Dragon Ball manga purist since I was about 5 years old lol So I guess I should've said "Dragon Ball anime 😠😠😠"

Also Buu Saga shouldn't really exist but is still goated idc Toriyama when salty is still better than 99% of mangaka 🦍💨🦍💨🦍💨

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom