• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST28 January 2024| This Is Our Year

• Thread starter Deleted member 1081
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely ludicrous. Trumpian in the extreme.

GE4ECtGWgAAeB8G

Modern electronics at age 10: I have fulfilled my duty, I go now to my final rest.
My Super Nintendo at age 30: Of course we can revisit your old save file from the 20th century. Load times? What are those? Drift? That's how you get around corners in Mario Kart. Remember that time you dropped me off a table in 1996? You can do it again if you like, I am literally immortal.

I tried to do that QVC thing for new accounts to get Metroid Prime for about $20, but it said my address wasn't valid?

Modern electronics at age 10: I have fulfilled my duty, I go now to my final rest.
My Super Nintendo at age 30: Of course we can revisit your old save file from the 20th century. Load times? What are those? Drift? That's how you get around corners in Mario Kart. Remember that time you dropped me off a table in 1996? You can do it again if you like, I am literally immortal.
More like age 2-4 depending on the company

I'm super jealous that you still have SNES carts with working batteries! Last time I tried to fire up Yoshi's Island it was 3 blank files again :(

what’s weirder: the concept of belly buttons, or the thought of a belly without a button?
As someone who can’t stand my belly button being touched (and honestly I get squeamish just THINKING about it existing on my body), I WISH I had a button-less belly.

Question from a completely unfashionable person:
Can the term "drip" apply to anyone? I only ever see it applied to men. And I'm watching Taylor Tomlinson's show (the tv one, not the netflix ones) and I think she's got it?

Question from a completely unfashionable person:
Can the term "drip" apply to anyone? I only ever see it applied to men. And I'm watching Taylor Tomlinson's show (the tv one, not the netflix ones) and I think she's got it?
drip is the pleistocene now, I think

but to your point — have I taught you nothing, dear @soup?! drip (or what follows) transcends paltry gender

drip is the pleistocene now, I think

but to your point — have I taught you nothing, dear @soup?! drip (or what follows) transcends paltry gender
Oh I know the concept of what drip describes transcends gender (and Taylor's proving it) I just didnt know if the slang itself was gender-specific or not because I suck at words

Now scuse me while I google "pleistocene"

Okay as a history nerd I did not have an incredible boss fight against freaking
King Darius
of all people on my bingo card for 2024, and yet here we are.

unfortunately i missed playing MGS the first time around, how do you do…anything? i can’t even get past the very first area

I saw there's a big digital sale in Switch. I never played Kirby's Dream Buffet, Box Boy + Box Girl, and Good Job. Are they worth buying on sale? I feel like if I don't get them and play them now I will never ever do it.

did not expect TotK to win GOTY at the old place tbh

I remember a few years back there was an uptick in "Breath of the Wild actually isn't that good" threads and the general discussion around the game became increasingly negative. Then it topped an Era poll, it may have been for game of the decade or greatest game of all time. I can't remember exactly. But it was one clear example about people are more likely to spend time complaining online than giving praise and how internet discourse can distort what the actual general feeling of a topic is.

I also think there are more Nintendo fans on Era, both past and current, than it appears. I just think a lot of them don't express it in general discussions threads because they don't feel like getting into it with some console war troll.

Hey i have a bit of a weird question. But i just cant get it out of my mind. I've been playing Mario 3D World in portable mode recently and i just can't help but notice that the game looks very blurry in handheld mode, sometimes Mario is barely more than a smudge. Is this normal? Because a few months ago i had to send my Switch in to repair, i decided to send it to a local repair shop (kind of dumb, i know). Is it possible that during the repair they accidentally lowered the Switch's handheld resolution to something like 600p or 500p and thats why it looks blurry? I'm sorry if this question sounds stupid. Im just a paranoid person. But i do wonder if its possible for the Switchs handheld resolution to be lowered

Hey i have a bit of a weird question. But i just cant get it out of my mind. I've been playing Mario 3D World in portable mode recently and i just can't help but notice that the game looks very blurry in handheld mode, sometimes Mario is barely more than a smudge. Is this normal? Because a few months ago i had to send my Switch in to repair, i decided to send it to a local repair shop (kind of dumb, i know). Is it possible that during the repair they accidentally lowered the Switch's handheld resolution to something like 600p or 500p and thats why it looks blurry? I'm sorry if this question sounds stupid. Im just a paranoid person. But i do wonder if its possible for the Switchs handheld resolution to be lowered
Going by the info here: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...wsers_fury_frame_rate_and_resolution_detailed
it should be native resolution (720p) on the Switch's screen, so relatively nice and sharp looking.

What did they have to repair?

Oh I know the concept of what drip describes transcends gender (and Taylor's proving it) I just didnt know if the slang itself was gender-specific or not because I suck at words

Now scuse me while I google "pleistocene"
my dude, slang transcends whatever barriers you want it to

except for the ones that it shouldn’t

Happy 3rd anniversary to the only first party Switch game that's yet to be released outside of Asia.

Buddy_Mission_Bond.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom