• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST28 January 2024| This Is Our Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second Discussion Question: New Year Successes
  • New Discussion Question Incoming...

Howdy, everyone! The new year is one week old and, according to the first result on Google, a quarter of you have already abandoned your resolutions. Congratulations to the other three quarters of you, I guess? Some of you won't make it past January, though...

Anyways, let's keep things a little more positive! At some point, I'm sure you did fulfill one of your goals for the new year. Maybe it was a big personal achievement, or maybe it was a small one related to playing talking about video games on the Internet. Either way, success is success!

So, the question is this: What was the most successful resolution of your life? It could be something big or something silly. All answers are welcome as all successes are worth celebrating!

For me, my most successful resolution had to do with a popular one: Weight! In high school, I was much larger than was healthy for a person in my condition with my genetics. There was no biological reason for me to weigh as much as I did; I just ate way too much garbage and drank way too many sodas. One year, I made a resolution to lose a respectable amount of weight. Granted, I made that resolution a lot, but this time it actually panned out. I ditched all sodas, even diet sodas, and lost 20-30 pounds.

Of course, that was years ago and I've gone backwards in some ways (having kids will do things to you...), but I still look back on that year as a time when I made a healthy change that had a notably positive impact on my life.

Discussion Question #3: A Second, Third, or Even Fourth Coming in This, Our Year
  • Discussion Question #3

Good morning, Fam(i)! In just two short days, one of my most treasured franchises will return when Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown wall runs to store shelves. Prince of Persia is a series that has died several deaths yet somehow always turns back the clock to try again. Even Jerry Bruckheimer couldn’t prop the Prince up for more than a single year before he disappeared back into the Sands of Time.

So, the question: What revival would make this year certifiably YOUR year?

Alternatively, if you’re understandably chill with IP dying a natural death, then what dormant franchise that you love should absolutely stay that way? OR what current franchise do you want to walk headfirst into a grave near you?

Despite my love for Prince of Persia (and my excitement for its return), I’m more than okay with letting sleeping dogs lie (even Sleeping Dogs!). One of the most beloved series from my youth is Banjo-Kazooie, and every year a new rumor surfaces that some team at Microsoft has been tasked with making Bear and Bird grunt anew. When last we saw Banjo and Kazooie, they were driving custom vehicles in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, which I hated! It was certifiably not Banjo, and the IP did more harm than good to what is a fundamentally solid concept for a game (as seen in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom). Any new game in the series would be like that, a new concept burdened with the baggage of a series with one good game to its credit, or a sad reminder that the team behind Banjo-Kazooie is never coming back…except for the time that they did and made a kind of okay chimera of the two canonical Banjo-Kazooie games.

@chocolate_supra, we already know your answer, so feel free to respond or just invent your own topic! Like, uh, how do you feel about Tuesdays? Bottom-tier day, yeah?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Back
    Top Bottom