• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST28 January 2024| This Is Our Year

• Thread starter Deleted member 1081
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the time I think I just wanted more King's Quest and MoE looked so different and weird, but I could see it being one of those childhood favorites I would've latched onto if I got it at the right time. I know exactly what you mean about that era of early janky 3D game that still stirs up a ton of good memories and feelings.
If I’m remembering the history right.. Sierra’s management at the time was trying to push Roberta out and basically designed by committee’d that game for a period. I don’t remember if she came back on board to salvage it but that is the reason for the major change from previous entries.

Sierra history is fucking wild

Yall

If anyone is still sleeping on the Famiboards Game of the Year thread, take a peek. @VolcanicDynamo's recent accomplishment deserves to be seen.
I was challenged, and I do not back down from a Mario Challenge.
…what the fuck is wrong with you, goat cheese rules
So funny anecdote. My partner loves goat cheese and has it all of the time. I do not. I am simply not used to the texture. But I enjoy baked goat cheese! So I don't know. Food is weird. Textures are weirder.
To me, it's honestly fairly difficult to have a bad churro (or bad belgian waffle!). They're kind of like pizza: Even a really mediocre pizza is usually still at least decent. Exception being of course if they're burned to a crisp or using bad ingredients or something.
I dunno...maybe I'm biased from New York pizza, but I feel the difference between a good and a bad pizza. Mostly any local joint versus the fast food pizza chains. Not to say that pizza is a "healthy" food, but a Dominoes or something just makes me feel worse to eat. Let alone the absolute joke that is American cafeteria pizza. Glad that I'm in a place where I do not need to settle.

I remember talking to Derachi about Subway once, and mentioning how mid I found American Subway. He seemed to think Canadian Subway was superior, so I'm admittedly pretty curious to see whether that checks out.
I believe it. I've had both American and Canadian A&W and was blown away by the quality difference. It's like America doesn't even try.

in america they are very, very dry
wait WHAT
there are places where churros aren't dry?
That's like the only thing I don't like about them! It's the whole reason I avoid them!

If I’m remembering the history right.. Sierra’s management at the time was trying to push Roberta out and basically designed by committee’d that game for a period. I don’t remember if she came back on board to salvage it but that is the reason for the major change from previous entries.

Sierra history is fucking wild
I grew up on Sierra games, especially King's Quest, since that was one of the few games that my Dad actually played when I was little (he stopped gaming around the time that Myst came out, although I remember playing that with him too). Reading up about Sierra and people like Roberta Williams is always fascinating given how different things were back in the 80s

me with churros if they were not so fucking dry:

mouth_full_of_smokes_3.png

I grew up on Sierra games, especially King's Quest, since that was one of the few games that my Dad actually played when I was little (he stopped gaming around the time that Myst came out, although I remember playing that with him too). Reading up about Sierra and people like Roberta Williams is always fascinating given how different things were back in the 80s
Well devs working OT and sleeping on cots hasn’t changed that much 😡

Revive Sierra just so we can get a new Maximum Pool game.
That last revival was so incredibly disappointing. Two games and then nothing.

I'm talking to you through this loudspeaker because one of my experiments... went wrong. I'm currently radioactive, and I don't want to contaminate you!

I'm really close to breaking down and buying Prince of Persia for the PS5 even if what I played of the demo was just ok ... a big epic Metroidvania sounds really good right now and it'd give me an excuse to use my PS5 😩

I was challenged, and I do not back down from a Mario Challenge.

So funny anecdote. My partner loves goat cheese and has it all of the time. I do not. I am simply not used to the texture. But I enjoy baked goat cheese! So I don't know. Food is weird. Textures are weirder.

I dunno...maybe I'm biased from New York pizza, but I feel the difference between a good and a bad pizza. Mostly any local joint versus the fast food pizza chains. Not to say that pizza is a "healthy" food, but a Dominoes or something just makes me feel worse to eat. Let alone the absolute joke that is American cafeteria pizza. Glad that I'm in a place where I do not need to settle.
You can definitely tell the difference between good and bad pizza, of course! It's just that like... even Domino's or Little Caesar's can be decent in a pinch. Bread, cheese, and sauce is hard to be too terrible.

Although personally I'm more of a fan of super deep dish pizza. Chicago style, or Detroit. More bread, more better.

wait WHAT
there are places where churros aren't dry?
That's like the only thing I don't like about them! It's the whole reason I avoid them!
yeah this seems to be the common misunderstanding with churros

similar is true about macaron

Although personally I'm more of a fan of super deep dish pizza. Chicago style, or Detroit. More bread, more better.
PREACH

Interesting! Out of curiosity I went to the US A&W website. Certainly it looks a lot different. I love it here in Canada (or did…haven’t eaten meat for a month 🙃)
It's not just the menu that's different (I am jealous of yall's mozzarella burger) but the quality of ingredients themselves is better. Like a base model A&W burger in Canada tastes better than the same base burger in a US A&W. I was shocked. 😅

Jurgen Klopp get ready to lean Minnesotan buddy.
i had a conversation with a bunch of liverpool fans just last night and every single one of them said “he’s never ever leaving this club” lo and behold…fills me with sheer delight, football bloody hell!

Money is whatever. Can't we just subtract that from his number of votes in November instead?
Nah, I want him to loose purely. I want to watch Americans completely destroy him at the ballot box. I need my country to reject him so hard that they can't spin it. I need to see that happen.
Granted I'm not saying I expect to actually get what I need

My kids' Happy Meal toys are Crash Team Rumble card packs. When did McDonalds start shilling flopped live service games? Will their next meals come with Anthem figurines?

Rough day of work. Could use a fun pick me up!

Tim Rogers: If you're lurking, it would be a great time to post your next 13 hour video essay!

Is it fun? It looked fun. Good Job has been sitting in my backlog for ages.
Just did 2 levels but I’m definitely amused, it’s pretty bite sized so good pace breaker too. There’s gear to collect, and being destructive is the quickest way to complete an area but not going to get you the highest score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom