• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST25 October 2023| Have a Wonderful Famiversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I love these lazy days
Me:

ZYnIWqR.gif

Me: I'm gonna spend one day clearing out my watch later list on YouTube!
Also me: (watches one or two videos from said list, adds another 4-5)

it’s a bright sunny day here, very warm

which means I need to write cloudy music

So Hert from Hoonigan and T-Pain just made a music video where the beat is literallly the lopey brap-brap-brap of a Mazda rotary engine at idle and I know this has nothing to do with anything anyone here would be interested in but I'm just letting yall know if you start to smell something burning it's probably my brain

So hot take time. Mario Wonder is a solid 9/10 but you know what Sonic Superstars does better than Wonder? They got rid of the limited lives. Like why is this still a thing in games? That said I had a lot more fun with Mario. Sonic did give me some smiles but I just want to play the old games.

So hot take time. Mario Wonder is a solid 9/10 but you know what Sonic Superstars does better than Wonder? They got rid of the limited lives. Like why is this still a thing in games? That said I had a lot more fun with Mario. Sonic did give me some smiles but I just want to play the old games.
It basically just serves as a reward now. Why else collect coins, why try and jump on consecutive enemies? It's for 1ups.

I’m finally playing Paranormasight and really loving it so far, highly recommended!

I just had a moment where I thought I had figured something out that the game didn’t think I knew yet, only for the game to suddenly basically call me out on it and say “yes, you’re very clever. Anyway, moving on…” great stuff.

I don't disagree that Sonic removing lives is a good thing (especially since the game loves to throw instant death hazards at you), but I really hope they can come up with a better reward system for collecting rings. The scoring system is very "out of sight, out of mind" in this one, and the extrinsic reward being currency for an unengaging multiplayer mode dampens the joy.

yall Pluto is seriously over here making me fuckin cry with a scene of Dr Eggman tryina fix a robot puppy
I still have to watch the animated series! But it’s a classic sci fi manga for a reason. Highly recommended for anyone.

Like why is this still a thing in games?
Yeah I think I would have preferred the Mario Odyssey system where you can just buy stuff with the coins, and you just lose coins when you die.

Yeah I think I would have preferred the Mario Odyssey system where you can just buy stuff with the coins, and you just lose coins when you die.
Especially since you can already buy lives with purple coins for super cheap, so it feels kind of arbitrary to even have lives in the game at all. And you don’t have much to spend purple coins on anyway (unless you care about the standees), so I often have them maxed out.

THIS IS NOT

THE GREATEST SONG IN THE WORLLLLLD

OHHH THIS IS JUST A TRIBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEE

...Honestly the Evangelion mashup version is way better than the original song lol
The brass really gives it something, huh?

And the karaoke version ended up being just a ridiculously good Eva medley

Oh
Nintendo made some mistakes on the Brazilian back cover of Mario Wonder

It’s written “Mario bolha” (bubble Mario) where it was supposed to be the translation for Drill Mario, and “Merio broca” (Drill Merio - yep, they mistyped it) where it was supposed to be the translation for Bubble Mario 🥲

Man…. Matthew Perry :(
Quite a gamer he was too. There was an MTV interview where they asked what kind of night out he liked and he answered it with my N64 alone in the home. He played almost anything but was particularly fond of Fallout 3.

When you wanna sew tiny accessories for a hilarious one off scene reference for a model kit. There’s just something so hilarious about a Kamen Rider in that getup and even with my rusty skills it’s not something too complicated

it adds stakes and a reason for checkpoints to exist. you can’t just keep going from a checkpoint — if you don’t have enough lives from the gameplay loop, which rewards you with lives and hides them around, you have to start a level over. it’s an integral part of risk and reward, but is only punishment for a single level. I think that’s pretty well balanced.

i’m glad they ditched the timer. But I think lives work for Mario.

Oh
Nintendo made some mistakes on the Brazilian back cover of Mario Wonder

It’s written “Mario bolha” (bubble Mario) where it was supposed to be the translation for Drill Mario, and “Merio broca” (Drill Merio - yep, they mistyped it) where it was supposed to be the translation for Bubble Mario 🥲
Merio Broca strikes again…

It’s both satisfying and super unsettling when a show pulls off a really dark doppelgänger plot with a main character. Sheesh.

With the way these actor strike and negotiations are going, we might be left with just games and anime for entertainment next year. Granted, that's not too different what is usually is for me....

it adds stakes and a reason for checkpoints to exist. you can’t just keep going from a checkpoint — if you don’t have enough lives from the gameplay loop, which rewards you with lives and hides them around, you have to start a level over. it’s an integral part of risk and reward, but is only punishment for a single level. I think that’s pretty well balanced.

i’m glad they ditched the timer. But I think lives work for Mario.
I would say all this applies to Sonic as well. It seems a tiny bit odd that in Superstars you can just infinitely restart from a checkpoint, which makes level progression feel just a bit more trivial.

I would say that. Were it not for the fuckin bosses.

I would've never beat the game if there were limited lives that took you back to the beginning of the level when you ran out. I cannot believe how rough some of those bosses were, goddamn

I'm just going to pretend all these Pluto posts are about PlutoTV.
pluto-1180x600.jpg

Hi guys, just wanted to share something potentially interesting. So, I don't know how familiar people are with Dr. Serkan Toto, which I found to be a very informative person on Twitter. He just tweeted this out:

Now, one might wonder: What the hell is this salad of letters and numbers supposed to mean? Well, I thought so too at first but then I remembered something. He was the one of the very first to break the news that TOTK, back then still known as BOTW 2, would be releasing in 2022, which was correct until the delay. Then I remembered the format of the tweet and..

Now the guessing games starts. The Z is most definitely related to Zelda. R could be remake, which seems very obvious, but maybe something else. 2023 makes me super curious. When would they drop a remake, or the Wii U remakes if this is being referenced? Very interesting!

Hi guys, just wanted to share something potentially interesting. So, I don't know how familiar people are with Dr. Serkan Toto, which I found to be a very informative person on Twitter. He just tweeted this out:

Now, one might wonder: What the hell is this salad of letters and numbers supposed to mean? Well, I thought so too at first but then I remembered something. He was the one of the very first to break the news that TOTK, back then still known as BOTW 2, would be releasing in 2022, which was correct until the delay. Then I remembered the format of the tweet and..

Now the guessing games starts. The Z is most definitely related to Zelda. R could be remake, which seems very obvious, but maybe something else. 2023 makes me super curious. When would they drop a remake, or the Wii U remakes if this is being referenced? Very interesting!

Too bad it doesn't say Z D R 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom