• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST25 October 2023| Have a Wonderful Famiversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me, when I already have a sizable backlog, and keep finding games I eventually want to get around to on sales too good to pass up.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Grats on your launch.

And grats that you survived dealing with Germany's USK for the rating of your game.
Getting a rating was actually remarkably easy with the IARC, I just had to answer a bunch of questions about it.

Bought!

Don’t even have a Windows PC but maybe someday I will, and when I do, I’ll be ready!
Wow, amazing! Thank you!

I do hope/plan to release it on Mac one day too, I just don't have a development Mac to do that with at the moment.

Congrats!! How are you feeling post launch? Relieved? Excited? Anxious? Tired? Aside from the cold, which I wish you a swift recovery from
Excited and anxious mainly. I really want people to play it and enjoy it but I've had so little testing that I have no idea how people will like it. I've been going back and forth over difficulty for ages too so I really have no idea where it stands in terms of that.

All in all I'm definitely more excited though!
can we start pestering @Skittzo for a Switch port now? Or should we give it a few more hours
I actually really want to bring it to Switch if I can, I'll need to figure out how to apply for a devkit first.

Excited and anxious mainly. I really want people to play it and enjoy it but I've had so little testing that I have no idea how people will like it. I've been going back and forth over difficulty for ages too so I really have no idea where it stands in terms of that.

All in all I'm definitely more excited though!

I actually really want to bring it to Switch if I can, I'll need to figure out how to apply for a devkit first.
Applying for a dev kit seems easy enough, all you can do is register and keep your fingers crossed that it's a quick turnaround!

Every celebration calls for a bagel tray to be fair.

Dealing with a bit of a cold though at the moment so I gotta limit my dairy, and what's a bagel with no cream cheese? Gotta raincheck that bagel tray.
I've done bagels with jelly, peanut butter, and nutella (individually, not at the same time) and I dunno if those are, like, socially improper bagel toppings but I sure liked them

just tryina help with some potential alternatives

Also:

AaroMd7.jpg

Applying for a dev kit seems easy enough, all you can do is register and keep your fingers crossed that it's a quick turnaround!

I'll give it a few days before I try that haha

I've heard their main requirement for registering for the dev portal is having made a full game before, so I wanna let this one sit for a minute before I get all excited about a Switch port.

Really not looking forward to adding gamepad controls... oh well
I've done bagels with jelly, peanut butter, and nutella (individually, not at the same time) and I dunno if those are, like, socially improper bagel toppings but I sure liked them

Also:

AaroMd7.jpg
I swear by everything bagels though, and you will not catch me dead with an everything bagel that has a sweet (not savory) topping. Disgusting.

Sweet bagels sure. My kids love a good blueberry or cinnamon raisin bagel.

Also:
THANKS!

Also:

AaroMd7.jpg
Cheddar jalapeno bagel with Nutella πŸ˜‹

I've heard their main requirement for registering for the dev portal is having made a full game before, so I wanna let this one sit for a minute before I get all excited about a Switch port.

I swear by everything bagels though, and you will not catch me dead with an everything bagel that has a sweet (not savory) topping. Disgusting.

Also:
THANKS!
More than fair, but hey at least you have a full game that you can show off as part of the portfolio when you're ready!

Don't envy the work making gamepad controls, but on the upside you might be able to port the feature to your PC release after it's finished!

Monsters of Mican is officially live for PC! Please check it out if you like WRPGS, turn based games, dungeon crawlers, or just plain making me happy!
Woooo! Fantastic news. Seeing this develop over the years has been a treat, and I will definitely pick it up to try out at some point! The puns alone will be worth it.

Downside of making slow-cooker beef stew: Takes all day to cook

Upside: Your entire house slowly starts to smell more and more amazing as the day passes

Monsters of Mican is officially live for PC! Please check it out if you like WRPGS, turn based games, dungeon crawlers, or just plain making me happy!
confetti! cheers! woo!

congratulations on releasing your game!!

and technically having the first GrΓΆgol Bonanza content to appear in a released video game…

now I’ve gotta catch up! give me like five years, I swear I’ll get there

confetti! cheers! woo!

congratulations on releasing your game!!

and technically having the first GrΓΆgol Bonanza content to appear in a released video game…

now I’ve gotta catch up! give me like five years, I swear I’ll get there
I believe in you! You Might just have the Magic it takes

I believe in you! You Might just have the Magic it takes
my lifehack was β€œdraw all assets silly and poorly so I don’t get in my own head about it” and β€œmake most of the tiles flat color”

so of course I had to make 10x the content as a β€œbalance”

foolish… foolish…

Super Mario Odyssey is six years old today?

That can't be right, there must be some mistake.

Ah, I understand. I don't swear by everything bagels but I agree sweet stuff doesn't belong on them.

Cheddar jalapeno bagel with Nutella πŸ˜‹
See now this sounds like tempting fate to me

gonna wake an elder god or something

I want to see them make the Metroid Dread of Zelda. In other words, a new 2D zelda with a focus on updated mechanics/more complexity. Samus now has a fleshed out modern moveset. Even if they brought back Zelda 2 and fleshed that out it would be cool. It was a cool mechanic to choose where you stab. Just stuff like that. Instead of keeping the moveset 1:1 with the originals and relying on new items every time. Update the core mechanics.

Ah, I understand. I don't swear by everything bagels but I agree sweet stuff doesn't belong on them.

See now this sounds like tempting fate to me

gonna wake an elder god or something
Everything bagels definitely go with savory topping. But I'm a sucker for sweet bagels, like a cinnamon sugar bagel with maple cream cheese or something similar. We don't have great bagels around here, so it's usually something like an Einstein's Bagels if I get one of those, but they're still pretty good.

What in the world, that sounds delicious??

Never heard of a lemon cranberry bagel...
It may not be a Montreal bagel shop, but Toronto's Kettlemans is an absolute treasure and when they're open 24/7, my girlfriend and I will find any excuse to stop by for a late night treat when we're in the area about to head home haha

Is it fair to say that if you catch two bad colds within less than three weeks, autumn hates you just as much as you love it?

I didn't even know that was possible, smh.

Is it fair to say that if you catch two bad colds within less than three weeks, autumn hates you just as much as you love it?

I didn't even know that was possible, smh.

you’re testing for COVID, yeah? it’s spiking worse than omicron over here and if it follows trends, we could see another record-setting spike in December

Glad I got both my flu and Covid shots last week so I’m prepped for the winter.
Gotta figure out what I’m focusing on this weekend. Ryza or Mario and Luigi. Tho tempted to start mass effect

Also:
THANKS!
I can’t touch everything bagels. Literally, I’m allergic to poppy seeds, they cause my throat to swell(so do eggs which is it’s own nightmare). Tho if we want to talk mistakes with bagels, I keep accidentally getting one of my fave sweet spreads(honey walnut cream cheese)… but then I get cheese bagels DX

Oh yeah, it all came up negative so far. Probably just the flu or some shit.
new variants are a bit harder to detect in rapid tests, which already have a bit of a rough rate for negative accuracy (very very good positive accuracy though) β€” and the stuff about the highest accuracy time-from-infection for testing remains true

and where I am they’ve made it pretty impossible to even get PCR tests, so. bit of a shitshow

if you’re not masking, and even if you are β€” keep an eye out. shit’s real suspicious right now!

new variants are a bit harder to detect in rapid tests, which already have a bit of a rough rate for negative accuracy (very very good positive accuracy though) β€” and the stuff about the highest accuracy time-from-infection for testing remains true

and where I am they’ve made it pretty impossible to even get PCR tests, so. bit of a shitshow

if you’re not masking, and even if you are β€” keep an eye out. shit’s real suspicious right now!
Being reliant on rapid tests is a thing here as well. And even those can be hard to come by. I tested a lot while I was sick, though, and not a single rapid test was even inconclusive.

I did have COVID last October, which I got confirmed by PCR after a bunch of rapid tests that were all over the place. It absolutely sucked ass way beyond what I experienced both two weeks ago and currently, so between that and a clean row of negatives, I think I should by fine for now. But I'm wary as well.

Damn, we've had like 12 negative rapid tests in the past week for my family, is that not enough to be pretty certain?

Oh yeah, it all came up negative so far. Probably just the flu or some shit.
Eris takes a week or so after symptoms start to appear positive in testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom