• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST25 October 2023| Have a Wonderful Famiversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekly Question #2
  • And before the day ends, we have another Weekly Question for y'all!

What was your favorite moment on Famiboards? It could be a specific thread, an event, or a particular interaction you had. For our new members, use this week to make some memories worth sharing!

As for mine, I have a few moments in mind:
    • Segaboards, the April Fool's Day 2023 gag. I really wanted to play up the character of the Mario fanboy stuck in a Sega loving universe where everyone else was none the wiser, and the staff was really supportive of the gag. I am very much looking forward to whatever is done for next year's gag.
    • Running the Super Mario All-Stars Celebration Event. I find that the badge events we run are super cool ways to play new games or replay old favorites, and I was honored to design an event for my favorite series in celebration of all the Mario stuff going on this year. I have more ideas for future events and I'd love to keep hosting them, even after I end my moderation duties.
    • Making @Suswave laugh so hard that they spit their drink out, leading to them making a "Spit Winner" badge which, to this day, I include as part of all of my Famiboards icons in some way.
    I hope all of the new folks can find Famiboards to be a place where you can make these kinds of memories!

Weekly Question #3
  • Another week, another Weekly Question! And boy, what a week we got coming up! Super Mario Bros. Wonder comes out in just a few days! But it's one game in a stacked month. Spider-Man 2 comes out the same day, we got a new 2D Sonic releasing on Tuesday, and lots more before and after them. What's your most anticipated game of the month?

If you have to ask me what my answer to that question is, you clearly don't know me well enough.

Weekly Question #4
  • A late weekly question? Look, it's fine we were all playing Mario this weekend. And if you weren't, you were playing Spider-Man 2. We were all busy! But let's get back on track.

We're already a few weeks into the third year of Famiboards - what are you excited to see, both with games and our community?

For games, I'm patiently (but eagerly) awaiting Switch 2 for the sole purpose of seeing the next 3D Mario. As for what we know for sure, I'm excited with all the Mario we're getting. The 1-2 punch of WarioWare and SMRPG over the next few weeks, the final Mario Kart wave, Princess Peach Showtime, TTYD remake, even Mario vs DK. I also really wanna try Splatoon 3 Side Order. For our community, I'd love to throw more badge events, or maybe revive the tournament feature for some fun. I have some concepts I want to iron out when I'm less busy!

Weekly Question #5
  • It's the last week of October - that means one last Weekly Question! Halloween is tomorrow, so let's end things off with a simple question. What is your favorite Halloween snack/treat?

In truth, I'm not a big candy person. My sweet tooth goes more for baked goods - give me a nice Halloween themed cupcake and I'm good to go.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Back
    Top Bottom