• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST25 October 2023| Have a Wonderful Famiversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think the obvious answer is that it hasn't sold 10 million copies yet lol

I looked up when Nintendo announced the first weekend sales for TOTK and they did on November 17, 5 days after the game was released. Sony has only announced the first 24 hour sales for Spider-man. So it seems like there's a slight lag. So if Wonder has passed 10 million over the weekend, we might hear about it on Wednesday.

Here's the TOTK sales announcement

Posted on May 17, five days after the game was released.

I looked up when Nintendo announced the first weekend sales for TOTK and they did on November 17, 5 days after the game was released. Sony has only announced the first 24 hour sales for Spider-man. So it seems like there's a slight lag. So if Wonder has passed 10 million over the weekend, we might hear about it on Wednesday.
Sure, but it always seemed unlikely to me that Wonder would have a launch comparable to TOTK (one of the most hyped games in recent history). Obviously Mario is very popular and the game is excellent, so it will do very good numbers, but I think expecting Pokémon numbers is a tad unrealistic.

I believe we have sales info from the UK and Japan which suggest a strong opening, but not one on the order of TOTK. It's possible that other regions makes up the difference, but IMO it's more likely indicative of a broader trend.

Last week, week from hell. Weekend, good fun.

Also if you see me posting here, I will get back to DMs! I am just emotionally drained rn and still recharging 😅

This wasn't doing numbers and more people need to listen to at least the first track. Thank you for this auditory blessing, Racc 💜

New Pokemon Snap is the true king of Switch Pokemon visuals

More people should play New Pokemon Snap
Amen, seconded, hear hear, etc.

Like you know how perfect this game is when the only legitimate concerns against it compared to the original were the generic animal sounds instead of Pokemon calling out their own name, and the music is kinda not as good but nevertheless, it is the ideal Pokemon experience that knew how to level up and evolve from it's previous iteration (puns intended)

I'm surprised we didn't get a PR statement about Wonder selling 10 million copies already like we got for TotK yet. I think it was 3 days after release for TotK and Pokémon.
?

Wonder isn't going to sell 10m as fast as Zelda. 2D Mario games have huge openings, relative to the rest of the industry. But they're legs focused affairs. Their launch windows are more important than a launch week.

?

Wonder isn't going to sell 10m as fast as Zelda. 2D Mario games have huge openings, relative to the rest of the industry. But they're legs focused affairs. Their launch windows are more important than a launch week.
Yup, this, plus Nintendo did very well to release last week. Its launch window is overlapping with the holiday season which probably maximizes its sales potential and will give it legs into next year.

PR is just PR and when released within the first week mostly plays into FOMO and maximizing buzz and sales around titles which sales are mostly front loaded, though I expect Spider-man 2 doing very well this holiday season too. But I also think it doesn't have the evergreen power a Mario-title has.

So I have a question. I am about to transfer my profile from the regular Switch to an OLED. Google search says save files for Pokémon will transfer over but I'm not sure if that is accurate? Like cloud saves don't work so how would it be transferred? Anyone here did the transfer know for certain?

Got Arkham Origins on Steam so I can play the games in proper order when the collection comes to Switch

So I have a question. I am about to transfer my profile from the regular Switch to an OLED. Google search says save files for Pokémon will transfer over but I'm not sure if that is accurate? Like cloud saves don't work so how would it be transferred? Anyone here did the transfer know for certain?
They will transfer

And even their launch windows aren't terribly important. NSMBU Deluxe had incredible legs despite being a January release. To this day you see it pop up in the best sales tops from time to time.

A wise man once said:

"If you are lost, build a house. Now you live there"
mgid:arc:imageassetref:comedycentral.com:b8773698-8262-43e1-b7ab-a7d0c0510ec3

Ok, backup memory card for my work speaker is now jam packed with anime OP’s(mostly mecha), a bunch of songs from smash bros and the first 4 Animetal marathons. This is primarily for when I’m working solo on upper lift stations(or riding on lifts)

Too much Scrimblo Bimblo lately. McJRPG gang needs to fight back by preordering Star Ocean: The Second Story R. We must bring this forum back to weeb shit where it belongs.
man I'm still working on Baten Kaitos EWEO

Too much Scrimblo Bimblo lately. McJRPG gang needs to fight back by preordering Star Ocean: The Second Story R. We must bring this forum back to weeb shit where it belongs.
Aw but I didn't really like the demo much

How about we do Dragon Quest Monsters instead? It'll also help lull the Scrimblo Bimbloes into a false sense of security (since DQ is the Scrimbloest of the weeb shit)

Attn: Xenoblade 2 fans

or Mitsuda fans

or just music fans, hell

I really liked these tracks in XBC2. They were some of my favorites and a surprise, since I don't think I'd heard choral music in a video game before. I'm a little worried about a new arrangement and how that sounds compared to the original, but hopefully it's good!

I really liked these tracks in XBC2. They were some of my favorites and a surprise, since I don't think I'd heard choral music in a video game before. I'm a little worried about a new arrangement and how that sounds compared to the original, but hopefully it's good!
Don't be too worried. Anúna is fantastic and McGlynn's work as their composer/arranger is great. Mitsuda is a fan of theirs, and he said XB2 was actually a dream opportunity for him because he always wanted to record an OST with them and was never able to until that Ninty cash entered the picture

Last edited:
Don't be too worried. Anúna is fantastic and McGlynn's work as their composer/arranger is great. Mitsuda is a fan of theirs, and he said XB2 was actually a dream opportunity for him because he always wanted to record an OST with him and was never able to until that Ninty cash entered the picture
Awesome! I'll hopefully give it a listen soon.

With these songs, I remember first just taking in the sound. Eventually, I started hearing the lyrics and thought, "Whoa." They were much more intense than I realized, and once I also realized how the two sets of songs connected to each other lyrically, I had an even greater appreciation. I was initially too distracted by the beauty to realize their narrative significance. Great stuff and a highlight for me from that game's soundtrack.

Weekly Question #4
A late weekly question? Look, it's fine we were all playing Mario this weekend. And if you weren't, you were playing Spider-Man 2. We were all busy! But let's get back on track.

We're already a few weeks into the third year of Famiboards - what are you excited to see, both with games and our community?

For games, I'm patiently (but eagerly) awaiting Switch 2 for the sole purpose of seeing the next 3D Mario. As for what we know for sure, I'm excited with all the Mario we're getting. The 1-2 punch of WarioWare and SMRPG over the next few weeks, the final Mario Kart wave, Princess Peach Showtime, TTYD remake, even Mario vs DK. I also really wanna try Splatoon 3 Side Order. For our community, I'd love to throw more badge events, or maybe revive the tournament feature for some fun. I have some concepts I want to iron out when I'm less busy!

A late weekly question? Look, it's fine we were all playing Mario this weekend. And if you weren't, you were playing Spider-Man 2. We were all busy! But let's get back on track.

We're already a few weeks into the third year of Famiboards - what are you excited to see, both with games and our community?
Games:
I just wanna see what Monolith is cooking. I expect we'll be waiting a few years (unless that potential Honne ARPG game is real) and I guess it'll be a Switch 2 showcase maybe, I dunno, I just want another Monolith world to run around in. Xenoblade 3 had this unfortunate situation where it was presented in a way that made me expect certain things that they just weren't actually doing. So a new Monolith game (whether it's Xenotitled or not) that feels more like a clean slate can shed those weighty expectations and offer some big surprises in both the story and world. I can't wait to see what they're gonna bring next.

Community:
Honestly, I just hope there's a big reveal someday as to which one of us is actually Bill Trinen.

Last edited:

For games, I'm patiently (but eagerly) awaiting Switch 2 for the sole purpose of seeing the next 3D Mario. As for what we know for sure, I'm excited with all the Mario we're getting. The 1-2 punch of WarioWare and SMRPG over the next few weeks, the final Mario Kart wave, Princess Peach Showtime, TTYD remake, even Mario vs DK. I also really wanna try Splatoon 3 Side Order. For our community, I'd love to throw more badge events, or maybe revive the tournament feature for some fun. I have some concepts I want to iron out when I'm less busy!
For announced games it's Another Code, MvDK and Paper Mario TTYD for me. The marios are less exciting since I've played them and they seem to be 1 to 1 yassified versions, but since they are two of my favourites I'm still excited.

The other big one is obviously Switch 2 and I hope we get a reveal with a bunch of announcements. I think doing announcements far into the future is lame, unless it's when a new console gets revealed. Show me Sakurai's game, new Mario, new Animal Crossing, Mario Kart and a new IP, I ask of little. Oh and Dragon Quest of course...

Community wise I guess I wish there was more dumb stuff available in the Super Market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom