• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST25 October 2023| Have a Wonderful Famiversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zelda_sonic_lost_wor4kivk.jpeg

just rolled credits on triple deluxe. great game nintendo port it to the switch 2 do that everyone can experience sectonia in 4k hdr 120fps dolby audio ultra hd.

the Zelda level was one of the best things in Sonic Lost World. It felt good to run around and do stuff in an open environment with the game's controls.

And I say that as someone that truly enjoys Lost World, beginning to end.

Don’t know what I’m playing next. Just wrapped up M&LSS. Need to figure out what I have rhythm on. That or start Mass effect.
Right now I’m taking a kit then anime break. Probably some Mario Party 3. Oh I could jump back into Fzero 99

Hi guys, just wanted to share something potentially interesting. So, I don't know how familiar people are with Dr. Serkan Toto, which I found to be a very informative person on Twitter. He just tweeted this out:

Now, one might wonder: What the hell is this salad of letters and numbers supposed to mean? Well, I thought so too at first but then I remembered something. He was the one of the very first to break the news that TOTK, back then still known as BOTW 2, would be releasing in 2022, which was correct until the delay. Then I remembered the format of the tweet and..

Now the guessing games starts. The Z is most definitely related to Zelda. R could be remake, which seems very obvious, but maybe something else. 2023 makes me super curious. When would they drop a remake, or the Wii U remakes if this is being referenced? Very interesting!

Yeah the 2023 being there makes me very skeptical. What might make sense is if it's not game related but movie/show related? Not sure what R would mean in that regard, maybe rumor?

If it's a game the 2023 thing makes no sense. When would they announce or release a new Zelda remake this year? There's not much this year left.

A show or movie could be announced for sure though

Perhaps another Zelda X indie game for the Indie Showcase.

Zelda Rogue-Like?

Would not be shocked if Wind Waker and Twilight Princess get shadow drop at TGA basically replacing TOTK DLC.

Seems like a weird time to sneak some Zelda ports in, but December is open especially if Mario Kart Wave 6 drops in November. Wind Waker / Twilight Princess definitely have the biggest need, though I’d love it most if multiplayer Zelda finally got some love before the transition next year.

We also have the Metroid Prime 2 Echoes rumor to consider which could show up at the Game Awards.

Capcom keeps saying they will have a game release before March 2024 that will sell millions. Maybe they're handling a remake of Minish Cap or the Oracle games?

On the WiiU one of the Sonic games had a Zelda level but only the WiiU version and if I remember right wasn't available to everyone. Think there was also a Yoshi level too? Anyways I never got far enough in the game to play either as I found the game too hard.
Yeah I just looked it up, it was Sonic Lost World, which was part of a short exclusivity partnership between Sega and Nintendo (which also landed them Bayonetta), which is probably why Sega put a Nintendo-themed level in the game.

Seems like a weird time to sneak some Zelda ports in, but December is open especially if Mario Kart Wave 6 drops in November. Wind Waker / Twilight Princess definitely have the biggest need, though I’d love it most if multiplayer Zelda finally got some love before the transition next year.

We also have the Metroid Prime 2 Echoes rumor to consider which could show up at the Game Awards.
If it’s a Zelda remake/remaster I could very easily see it being a WW or TP Twitter drop on the eShop with physical coming early next year as has been the case with all the GCN remasters to date.

I read the tweets earlier but they appear to be gone now. That or you know, Twitter XXX is shitting the bed again

Finished Paranormasight! Great game with a really good supernatural mystery. It's honestly not really horror, at least not much, but definitely a bit spooky. Easy recommendation if you like twisty visual novels with branching paths and some small amount of interaction.

It also has one of my favorite "OH SHIT" musical stings and tracks I've heard in a long time. Whenever you hear the initial chord of this track, you knew something big was going down. Creepy ominous vibes off the charts:

If anyone's interested in Penny's Big Breakaway, Jirard the Completionist is streaming it at IndieLand right now:

Well now we know for certain there will be no DLC for Tears of the Kingdom, and with that one having being at first aimed for 2022, there was probably another Zelda thing aiming for 2023 that was most likely delayed to 2024.

September Direct has passed and we definitely ain't getting another Direct this year for a shadow drop thingy. Ocarina of Time's 25th anniversary next month could mean that the dream remake of this game or a remaster of the 3DS remake would be possible. Nintendo stretched Mario's 35th anniversary for the whole FY since 3D World + Bowser's Fury was internally delayed.

Dream case scenario would be something like a - and I don't think it'll happen but it's the only event before the end of the year where Nintendo announces things - TGA announcement of Ocarina of Time HD/Anniversary for spring 2024. A shadow drop announcement next month is kinda hard to buy since Nintendo didn't do this stuff sans 2020 or LABO or RFA.

Or maybe he's just speculating, or heard something about ports/remasters being done and assumed they'd be dropped this year, or even maybe it's unrelated to Zelda since he deleted the tweets.

Well, we've had that Metroid Prime Remastered situation where Grubb was dead certain it'd come in 2022, it made a lot of sense since that November the game turned 20 years old, but it ended up just being shadow dropped in February. So something like that can definitely happen for a Zelda remaster.

If the Tweet was something Zelda related, the only things I can think of are shadowdrops of TP and WW on the Game Awards with the physical versions releasing in January. MAYBE something out there like Four Swords Adventure showing up on the eShop.

I won the lottery! I got twenty bucks. Rollin’ in the dough!

But seriously, $20 is more than I ever expected to win from a lottery ticket. What should I do with my wealth?

I won the lottery! I got twenty bucks. Rollin’ in the dough!

But seriously, $20 is more than I ever expected to win from a lottery ticket. What should I do with my wealth?
Invest in more lotto tickets! If you get just a little bit luckier a couple times, come January, I know of a way you can turn that into infinite wealth

Finished Paranormasight! Great game with a really good supernatural mystery. It's honestly not really horror, at least not much, but definitely a bit spooky. Easy recommendation if you like twisty visual novels with branching paths and some small amount of interaction.

It also has one of my favorite "OH SHIT" musical stings and tracks I've heard in a long time. Whenever you hear the initial chord of this track, you knew something big was going down. Creepy ominous vibes off the charts:

How long is this game?

if anyone was worried that I wouldn’t put out enough rough songs for halloween…

If the Tweet was something Zelda related, the only things I can think of are shadowdrops of TP and WW on the Game Awards with the physical versions releasing in January. MAYBE something out there like Four Swords Adventure showing up on the eShop.
The dream, at least for me? Would be to see something like Nintendo tapping Inticreates to make a Zelda 2 remake/sequel, as Takuya Aizu said he would like to make happen, years ago.

Small scale enough that it wouldn't overshadow the Mario games releasing over the next months, but poignant enough that you could do a reveal of this caliber at, say, the Keighleys. Perhaps even unleash it as a shadowdrop and you could still make a major splash. As a bonus, we'd also be able to say we got our "2D Zelda" quota met for a while.

And at this point, I'd trust the dev team behind the likes of the Mega Man Zero and Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon series to remake Zelda II than most others. Not only would I get glorious pixels and art that may invoke the feeling of the 80s dark fantasy anime from the original instruction booklet, but perhaps also a game that can offer a "tough, but fair" challenge and fairly in-depth combat.

Last edited:
hey can I ask a question

what in the fuck have you done

yes, YOU, people who have said good things abound Tetris Effect over the years

WHAT THE FUCK AM I PLAYING

WHY IS IT LIKE THIS

I THINK I’M FUCKING DYING

WHAT DID YOU DO

if anyone was worried that I wouldn’t put out enough rough songs for halloween…

There's a video I saw weeks ago of someone doing an old timey dance that I don't even know how to describe, but just enjoy the fact that this song invoked that dance in my mind

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom