• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion | ST24 September 2023 | Barely Able Will Star as the Main Poster in a Brand New ST (temp.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lol, I knew this was gonna happen when they gave the game free on Epic Games Store.

Here's a lesson for all the devs out there: Stop with the GaaS shit. It's not a trend, the whole concept just came and went instantly. You'll never make any money this way but it's sure way to lose some. Just do what you always do.

I’m supposed to go on a bachelor party camping trip this weekend and I just came down with a nasty cold 😭 I’ve tested twice and both times were negative for covid so that’s good at least. But i feel awful.

I imported this from the US just by a trailer. Anybody here seen this Mother Documentary? Imma watch it tomorrow :)
mothertoearth9uimc.jpg
Not yet. I think I backed that on Kickstarter or a different documentary?

Makes Nintendo’s chaotic aloofness much more appealing
I’m guilty as anyone here but I’ll gladly point people in the direction of anything related to Iwata or Miyamoto if we want to start throwing stones around about hero worship of executives

At some point, getting Famiboards would be a career moment and I honestly believe a good move for me...just me. It's just taking a long time for Famiboards to see that their future exists off their own forum. A long time.... :)

I’m supposed to go on a bachelor party camping trip this weekend and I just came down with a nasty cold 😭 I’ve tested twice and both times were negative for covid so that’s good at least. But i feel awful.
Strep is really flaring up lately too, might want to think about a strep test.

Don’t mind me, just sitting here legally listening to the Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition soundtrack and wondering how much of a flex it would be if Monolith ever could contract Uematsu, Ito, or Hamauzu to contribute a track or two to the next game while still retaining Shimomura and Mitsuda
The Squenix Dream Team all over again except for music this time

I mean, who WOULDN'T want to buy Nintendo? Their IP is worth more than Xbox or PlayStation's by lightyears.
Yeah absolutely, but the arrogance in saying their future is not on their own hardware and they just don't see that yet, that's like... hoo boy 😬

It kind of always irked me how Phil Spencer tries to be buddy buddy with gamers. He's almost screaming "I'm one of you guys!" on every outing which, let's be real, is just PR imo.
People have said similar things about Reggie and I put my fingers in my ears and go "la la la la la"

Nintendo does exactly the same thing in terms of marketing their executives to be friendly and wholesome, but they also tend to be less aggressive in terms of dominating the industry. They focus on their niche for the most part, even if recently they are expanding into multimedia.

...I don't have adhesive for the battery. I thought the battery replacement kit I bought came with some. It did not. Sitting here with a dissembled Switch looking like a fool right now.

My mom got me a camera to stick in my ear and check it out, and I found some nasty goo in there. I’m gonna call an ENT tomorrow.

I’m guilty as anyone here but I’ll gladly point people in the direction of anything related to Iwata or Miyamoto if we want to start throwing stones around about hero worship of executives
Oh yeah, not going to pretend Ninty is immune to such fuckery, just that it's seemingly less obnoxious. Unless I'm forgetting some particularly egregious bullshit.

People have said similar things about Reggie and I put my fingers in my ears and go "la la la la la"
At least The Regginator is somewhat intentionally cringey

Yeah absolutely, but the arrogance in saying their future is not on their own hardware and they just don't see that yet, that's like... hoo boy 😬

Which is super weird because Phil has said that he doesn't think cloud streaming is a replacement for native hardware but yet the Switch is regularly outselling the Series consoles despite being seven years old and on the way out. "Their future is not on their own hardware" says the maker of hardware that is irrelevant everywhere that isn't the US and maybe the UK.

Whether you believe Phil was just trying to explain why Microsoft can't buy Nintendo in that email, there is still a bit of hubris in it, especially the part about Nintendo's future not being on their own systems. I think he really thought the upcoming launch of the Xbox Series consoles would change things dramatically and he has been humbled since. This is evident from the way he talks about losing the console wars and him going on podcasts to talk about Microsoft fucked up the cadence and quality of first party releases. If that email were written today, I doubt that final paragraph would be the same as it was in 2020.

Phil strikes me as someone who has grand ideas but forgets the minor details. Microsoft was releasing the most powerful console, plus a still powerful one for budget consumers. Subscriptions were the future and Microsoft had the best one. All the studios that he bought would churn out hit after hit, year after year. But under his tenure, he could have invested in rebuilding Microsoft Game Studios to put out brand new exclusives. He could have better overseen Microsoft's big properties like Halo and Gears of War. He could have done a better job making sure the new studios he bought had the adequate resources. But he didn't do those things. He every intention of releasing Halo Infinite in 2020 and only delayed after public backlash. Even then, the multiplayer and features for the game were undercooked when it launched in 2021, essentially ruining the reputation of the game. The campaign team, arguably the team that made the best part of Infinite, were laid off this year. 2022 has empty of major releases. They released Redfall, somehow thinking that the game would at least by a 7/10 based on their internal reviews. Their marketing outside of North America is terrible. Microsoft isn't lacking in money or manpower. You can have the best services, best hardware, best ideas, but if you don't excel at making the games then that's going to hinder your plans.

I think the Captain Toad mini game in 3D World was the one and only time where I thought "That was really fun. They should make a whole game out of that" and then the company actually did it.

Does anyone else go through phases between playing a lot of video games and then stopping? I'm slowly getting back into it again with summer winding down, I'm feeling really optimistic about the next few titles I want to play and getting back into a routine of things.

I had a lot going on between work, getting married and going on a trip that it finally feels nice relaxing again.
Totally feeling this. Gaming's been more of an on-and-off / sporadic thing for me lately as well, only really getting into it when I know that I really do have the time to sink into it.
It's difficult to really wind down sometimes, especially when you know that things are going to pick up again soon enough.

I do find that I enjoy the periods where I get to play games more now than before, at least. Learning to appreciate these phases again, hah.

Does anyone else go through phases between playing a lot of video games and then stopping? I'm slowly getting back into it again with summer winding down, I'm feeling really optimistic about the next few titles I want to play and getting back into a routine of things.

I had a lot going on between work, getting married and going on a trip that it finally feels nice relaxing again.
I'm very much like that. I can go several years only playing a few handful of games. I was playing a lot more earlier this year but been kind of distracted by life. Hoping things can settle down a bit and I can play more soon.

It's hilarious how everyone (myself included) made fun of F-Zero 99, only for it to become probably the most popular F-Zero game and the best battle royale I've played in a while. This is a pure Nintendo moment lmao

TIL Nintendo's eShop accounts have a limit of $250 you can add. Bought a bunch of gift cards on sale and can't redeem the last one until I spend more money.

Hope they announce a TTYD date soon so I can plan a voucher.

13 Sentinels is definitely a tangled web of plot threads, I freaking love it. Living the best mecha fan life with it and Armored Core 6.

Do I get to help develop the next 2D Mario now or...?
To think F-Zero 99 was actually Game Dev 99…

It's hilarious how everyone (myself included) made fun of F-Zero 99, only for it to become probably the most popular F-Zero game and the best battle royale I've played in a while. This is a pure Nintendo moment lmao
Helps that the gameplay genuinely had a lot of thought put into it. The speedway mechanic, the spin, the push and pull of using your health to gain speed, rivals, it all feeds into a strong “I can do better next time” urge

Screw Onimusha, give me Okami

@Derachi bout to be eating good

If true, that would lead credence to the earlier rumor that Sega/Atlus and S-E would be supporting the platform.

I’m taking both rumors with grains of salt but next year is going to be very interesting if they pan out.

(I’m still picking up Y0 on Steam at end of year because I promised I would if it didn’t end up on Switch this year)

All 7 mainline Kiryu-led games would be a lot for one package; but then again all of them are dirt-cheap nowadays so who knows. I'd also have no idea how to separate them if they weren't all in the same collection. 0-3 and then 4-6 makes the most sense, but it's still weird.

Can imagine the Ichiban games getting a dual release as 8 will have been out for a while by then.

EDIT: Of course this is all reliant on this being real... which I do kinda doubt.

Gonna be the Debbie Downer here, but the source of that reddit rumor is iffy at best.

The person seems to have solid contacts when it comes to spanish based devs, but i don't think they've been right for anything else.

We’re about 24 hrs from the Level 5 TGS broadcast. Hopefully we get megaton Musashi wireds release date and price XD

So I've finally been getting back into playing games again and finishing up Tears of the Kingdom. I finished up in the Gerudo area and I think that's my favourite of the four main spots easily. I just wish the dungeon was a bit more complex. The game came out two months before I got married so I've only been starting to get back to it after all the festivities, but it feels good to finally get back to it!

All 7 mainline Kiryu-led games would be a lot for one package; but then again all of them are dirt-cheap nowadays so who knows. I'd also have no idea how to separate them if they weren't all in the same collection. 0-3 and then 4-6 makes the most sense, but it's still weird.

Can imagine the Ichiban games getting a dual release as 8 will have been out for a while by then.

EDIT: Of course this is all reliant on this being real... which I do kinda doubt.
I feel like it's either going to be 0 and the two Kiwamis... or maybe the two Ichiban games, like you said.
All 7 Kiryu games feel like a way too great deal for one package and I already doubt this is real at all too

Oh it's Nash Weedle. He said a lot of things and none of them was proven to be right yet. I'd like to believe, but I can't.

Especially because Sega wouldn't wait until Switch 2 to do that, Switch can run the original Remastered collection (3-4-5) beautifully. If they're not on Switch 1, then the others won't be on Switch 2.

Sweet. Didn't realise that World of Horror was getting a retail release in Australia. Fucking preordered straight away.

after a few months. I went from
Unable to lift the bar during a bench press to now lifting 35/35 on them.

Not gonna lie. I feel good about myself for once in a long while.

Hey guys we’re getting a second Yohane game?!
BeXide has announced roguelike deckbuilder Yohane the Parhelion: NUMAZU in the MIRAGE for PlayStation 5, Switch, and PC (Steam). It will launch on February 22, 2024 with English, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese language support.[/quite]

I see people freaking out at Yakuza being $70 and I'm like it's called Infinite Wealth for a reason.
tbh anyone who even remotely pays attention to that series should know that

1) it is going to have more content/value than almost any other video game released that year

2) Yakuza games do not shy away from going on sale within 6-ish months after release so if the price is a concern, just wait on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom