• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion | ST24 September 2023 | Barely Able Will Star as the Main Poster in a Brand New ST (temp.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Week for Suoer Mario All Stars Event
  • Hey folks, welcome to September! Even if I am nearly a week late...

As a reminder, there is still one week left for the Super Mario All-Stars Celebration Event (barring the sudden release of Super Mario Land on NSO)! Play 2D Mario, earn badges and Famicoins, and earn a chance to win a copy of Super Mario Bros. Wonder!

Weekly Pop Quiz #2!
  • Here are your questions for the pop quick this week:

Marketing 201: With E3 seemingly being on its 7th, 8th, or 9th life, let’s use the conference as a case study. Give your best “marketing” moment from the convention and explain why! It could be from a presentation, a show floor, etc (no objectifying things please. I will report those).

Kinesiology 202: What is the best player-controlled character movement in video games? It could be overall control dynamics or a hyper specific motion element of the gameplay. Please give you reasons. Will accept NPC movement as well if it contributes to the main characters actions.

No Direct Spoilers Here
  • Hey everyone Pyoro has begun leaking the Nintendo Direct. Please keep the General Discussion Thread a leak free zone. Thanks!

Update

Hey everyone, the plan going forward for the Direct Speculation thread is set now. The Speculation thread will remain open through the airing of the Direct for the spoiler crowd (Pyoro is leaking the Direct). This General Discussion thread and the ultimate Direct thread (ie “Nintendo Direct announced for Wednesday at 7:00 AM” or whatever) will be leak free! When the Direct ends, the Speculation thread will be directed to the ultimate Direct thread to reunite the two crowds!

Btw if it wasn’t clear, by all means the non-spoiler crowd is more than welcome to keep speculating and having fun here!

Last edited:
    Week 3 Pop Quiz
  • Now that the direct is over it’s time for the new weeks round of pop quiz:

Communications 301: What is the best (or worst) “voice acted” scene in a video game? I put this in quotes because it really could be some other communication sequence to advance the story but might be before games were capable of advanced audio. It could even be cut scenes with captions. Whatever you feel communicates the scene the best. Explain your reasoning.

Art History 312: What video game has the best use of art in the game? I’m not talking art style but pieces of art in the game. It could be simply for design or integral to the game’s story or mechanics. It doesn’t need to be old and could even be in the future. Let us see it if you can and explain why.

Final Exam Questions
  • I was so busy at work the last week and away from the page I forgot to do the 4th pop quiz. We will instead make it a final exam. Here we go:

Understanding Jazz - Music 401: This was an actual class I took in college, and set me on the path to love jazz music. Anyhow, give me your best jazz video game composition or performance. Preferably in game but will take covers and renditions if that’s your favorite.

Environmental Science 412: In honor of FF7 Rebirth, What is the best plot line, vignette, super power, whatever that has to do with cataclysmic events, be they ecological or biological? Can be loose in the interpretation here. I recommend spoiler tagging to be safe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Back
    Top Bottom