• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion | ST24 September 2023 | Barely Able Will Star as the Main Poster in a Brand New ST (temp.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game will never come out, will it?
Afaik they pretty much have to since they have a deal with the Singaporean government that gives them subsidies.

But yeah, this has been in development since 2013 in various forms and I very much doubt they're going to get their money back. As someone on Era pointed out, it makes a lot of sense that the same team is seemingly working on a remake of Black Flag so they can save as much as possible from S&B.

Can't these idiot just make the black flag pirate section mechanic into a whole game and not screwed it up my god.

Ubisoft just shouldn't make games that involve water and boats with how much the company is always leaking.

Ba-dummmm Tsssssssss

Thank you, i'm here all day.

Ubisoft just shouldn't make games that involve water and boats with how much the company is always leaking.

Ba-dummmm Tsssssssss

Thank you, i'm here all day.
If they just stuck to making games about a limbless lil guy in fantastical lands they wouldn't have gotten into this mess

Nah, that's crazy. Manga is nowhere near as bad as the anime is. I also don't think the pacing has been bad at all. Wano arc was excellent!

It ran for 4 years.

Four real-life years.

Dunno, but i think i'm gonna die on the hill that this is a dictionary-worthy example of pacing problems. ;D

It ran for 4 years.

Four real-life years.

Dunno, but i think i'm gonna die on the hill that this is a dictionary-worthy example of pacing problems. ;D
Just because something is long, doesn't mean it has bad pacing. Wano had lots of moving parts and was basically the culmination of a lot of things that started wayy earlier.

Dunno, but i think i'm gonna die on the hill that this is a dictionary-worthy example of pacing problems
I mean, I think pacing isn't solely reliant on the duration at which a story is told. I think Skypiea had worse pacing than Wano, for example, taking into account things like lore drops and overall significance.

Wano had been built up to for years, and it shows. Lots of very important stuff went down.

I mean, Marineford had also a lot of things going down. And even if i'm being kind and add Impel Down to it, Oda still managed to wrap this up in 2 years.

We can go and like this for a while, but i won't leave that bad pacing hill. ;D

I mean, Marineford had also a lot of things going down. And even if i'm being kind and add Impel Down to it, Oda still managed to wrap this up in 2 years.

We can go and like this for a while, but i won't leave that bad pacing hill. ;D
Point is, just because it took long doesn't mean it has bad pacing. Otherwise most TV series would unanimously be considered to have worse pacing than movies. Also, if I'm understanding you right, you haven't actually read the arc in question. So I'm really going to have to disagree on you on this.

This is now the One piece OT version 2
Better than talking about things that don't exist, like Skull and Bones, or Switch 2

Since this is now the OP OT2: Go and watch the Live Adaption, it's actually good!

Point is, just because it took long doesn't mean it has bad pacing. Otherwise most TV series would unanimously be considered to have worse pacing than movies. Also, if I'm understanding you right, you haven't actually read the arc in question. So I'm really going to have to disagree on you on this.

That's right, i dropped out during Whole Cake Island because ... the pacing became too annoying for me, with things dragging out to infinity and beyond. ;D

Also, to quote Barbossa: "You better believe in Switch 2 stories. You're in one!"

Last Week for Suoer Mario All Stars Event
Hey folks, welcome to September! Even if I am nearly a week late...

As a reminder, there is still one week left for the Super Mario All-Stars Celebration Event (barring the sudden release of Super Mario Land on NSO)! Play 2D Mario, earn badges and Famicoins, and earn a chance to win a copy of Super Mario Bros. Wonder!

TOTAL PIKMIN DOMINATION

1. [NSW] Pikmin 4 – 34,240 / 786,833
2. [PS5] Armored Core VI – 18,801 / 134,194
3. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 11,488 / 5,465,329
4. [PS4] Armored Core VI – 10,903 / 58,852
5. [NSW] Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – 7,206 / 1,847,948
6. [NSW] Minecraft – 7,202 / 3,250,643
7. [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet / Violet – 5,563 / 5,111,980
8. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 5,471 / 5,276,341
9. [NSW] Mario Party Superstars – 4,393 / 1,293,703
10. [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 4,387 / 4,102,326

BILLION MUST DANDORI

You know, this day actually became really good.

ReDraketed stuff and there's also the legit release of the leaked Castlevania Nocturne trailer coming up!

TOTAL PIKMIN DOMINATION

BILLION MUST DANDORI
You can't stop the king PIKMIN!

TOTAL PIKMIN DOMINATION

BILLION MUST DANDORI
pikmin.gif

Lmao, this is still in development? My god, this project is cursed.
The only reason it isn’t canceled is because Ubisoft took money from the Singapore government and doesn’t want it pay it all back and probably penalties if they cancel it.

Edit: and I should maybe read the next page of replies before answering :p

Hey folks, welcome to September! Even if I am nearly a week late...

As a reminder, there is still one week left for the Super Mario All-Stars Celebration Event (barring the sudden release of Super Mario Land on NSO)! Play 2D Mario, earn badges and Famicoins, and earn a chance to win a copy of Super Mario Bros. Wonder!

I’ve got some badges I still need! (I will threadmark this post. Was just giving you grief for fun)

You know, this day actually became really good.

ReDraketed stuff and there's also the legit release of the leaked Castlevania Nocturne trailer coming up!
What's the reDraketed stuff? I thought the console being shown off at Gamescom was bunk since Zippo was saying it, or has someone else chimed in now?

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

What's the reDraketed stuff? I thought the console being shown off at Gamescom was bunk since Zippo was saying it, or has someone else chimed in now?

Eurogamer and VGC came forth with more detailed reports about the Gamescom showing.

Device was presented to devs in closed meetings, BotW with higher res and fps was demo'd, as well as the UE5 Matrix tech-demo.

Eurogamer also heard that Nintendo is working to make a release earlier than "latter half" of 2024 happen.

So they totally did what i joked, Martinet is going to travel around, doing events, and Nintendo pays the bills.

Good for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom