• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion | ST24 September 2023 | Barely Able Will Star as the Main Poster in a Brand New ST (temp.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Famiboards has seen any of the early Jorts screenshots…

apfiuA9.jpg

DsUAoI6.jpg
You should make desktops out of your art. These are very pleasant to look at.

So I started playing Paper Mario 64 and... it is pretty good?? I just finished the first chapter but I really like the dialogues and the atmosphere. The battle system is solid, it sometimes requires a bit of strategy and it is quite engaging at the moment. The level design is mid tho, I much prefer what they did with TOK.

It makes me think that in the span of a few months I'm gonna play for the first time PM64, SMRPG and TTYD. Not bad.

Last edited:
So I started playing Paper Mario 64 and... it is pretty good?? I just finished the first chapter but I really like the dialogue and the atmosphere. The battle system is solid, it sometimes requires a bit of strategy and it is quite engaging at the moment. The level design is mid tho, I much prefer what they did with TOK.

It makes me think that in the span of a few months I'm gonna play for the first time PM64, SMRPG and TTYD. Not bad.
AlphaDream really should've held off on remaking the M+L games and just gone for broke on Switch. Really missed opportunity in hindsight :(

Grinch game at #13 on Amazon top sellers. Comes out on October 13. Should push back Mario Wonder just to get out of Grinch's way.

How long after directs does Nate post his analysis episode?
Probably too busy cleaning up in F-Zero 99. Thankfully I heard nobody will be playing a week from last Thursday so maybe soon?

Does anyone else go through phases between playing a lot of video games and then stopping?
Oh yeah. There was one year where I didn’t touch a single video game at all.

AlphaDream really should've held off on remaking the M+L games and just gone for broke on Switch
On the other hand given the state of their studio they might have imploded before they managed to roll a single HD game out

And I have a shoddy poem for you guys:

My thoughts are still swirling around
Sometimes wistful, sometimes profound
One of the best stories I’ve seen around
I say, go play A Space for the Unbound

(Seriously, play it)

How are you over there?
Pretty good!

Its super warm over here (Apart from a few grey days in Tokyo including a typhoone) it’s been sunny skies overall. But it’s quite the journey. Really happy I took the plunge.

So I'll probably play both before the end of the year anyways but I'll ask Fami just to see what the consensus is: should I play FF7Remake or Yakuza 0? Both would be on PS5. Both I spent a few hours in and didn't beat them.

With FF I'd be restarting the game, with Yakuza I'd be continuing a save. Just curious what y'all think / what game you prefer.
I feel like playing Remake early now would be best if you want to play Rebirth at launch. Should give you some space in between which I find welcome. If Yakuza 0 is your first Yakuza game and you aren’t aiming to play Rebirth at launch, trying new things is always fun.

Forum is a bit boring post-Nintendo Direct. Could maybe use some spicy Twitter rumors about surprise Nintendo games showing up at a certain award show in December to liven up the place.

brb

No surprise here. Btw is it me of are recent Bandai cell shaded games starting to look samey, at least the environments. ToA, SandLand, Scarlet Nexus and now this have an odd shinyness to them.

No surprise here. Btw is it me of are recent Bandai cell shaded games starting to look samey, at least the environments. ToA, SandLand, Scarlet Nexus and now this have an odd shinyness to them.

Was kinda wondering where the hell was the game considering they started the anime, the plastic models and promoting the hell out of the franchise. Guess someone didn't told the gaming division.

Pretty good!

Its super warm over here (Apart from a few grey days in Tokyo including a typhoone) it’s been sunny skies overall. But it’s quite the journey. Really happy I took the plunge.
Sounds a bit like my trip to the Dominican Republic when I first entered this forum.

I hope you have good wi-fi there.

I just thought about something: I feel like a lot of 1st party games in recent years have been developed by Nintendo's partners: Koei Tecmo, HAL, Intelligent Systems, Bandai Namco, Game Freak, etc.

When was the last time we had this many straight-up, internal Nintendo games in a year? TotK, Pikmin 4, Mario Wonder.

Maybe I'm misremembering, though.

Kind of yuck.

“Career moment”. Yeah I know it would be, but MS keeping an eye on Nintendo is still disappointing. I don’t care for the brand and I hope that in my lifetime Nintendo stays independent, ha.

I just do not trust Microsoft.
sees how much ips died on microsoft yep

Holy shit those MS leaks.

Dunno where they come from (FTC or court fucking up or someone else) but it feel someone at the guilty party is T-5 hours away from getting fired.
If it's a fuckup from the FTC, MS will go for Lina Khans position.

Okay.

But ... can we see it, Horii?

Save often, especially if you increase the game speed. It wasn't too common but there were a few times when I left the the x2 game speed option on and the game would lock up on me. Other then that have fun, I did my playthrough right before the pandemic in '20 and had a great time.
Just look up a guide on how to get Yuffie and Vincent so you don't miss them. They're secret characters so it's possible to miss them.
My advice may be considered bad advice because it locks you out of the best summon, but I would avoid the time sink that is Chocobo breeding unless you really wanna stretch that playtime.
There’s missable ultimate weapons in this game. If you want to not miss them, I would say look them up or ask for info on them.

Some enemies have good equipment to steal. Early in game stuff.

Yuffie and Vincent are secret characters. I would look them up, they’re easy to miss. Especially Vincent.

Save often.
Thanks, everyone! I'm not going to follow a step-by-step walkthrough but I think I'll definitely look up guides for the ultimate weapons and secret characters.

Just got to the Train Graveyard and, having played Remake, it's quite crazy how... quick everything is lol. The pacing here is just constant and it's really cool to see the sheer amount of backgrounds and locations put into such a small chunk of time. Of course the game itself is old, and you can feel it (both in gameplay and in certain scenes...), but with the storytelling on display here I can see why the game's so beloved. Also think there is a certain charm to everything being done by these tiny chibi models with exaggerated acting, instead of today's template of hyper-realistic mo-capped characters.

Most of this reads like a copypasta and that explains so much about Phil as a (business)person

Not to sound snarky ... but yes, it explains Phil does his job he was hired to do. ^^

You might not like it, i'm not, but in the end, it's really just Phil doing his job.

Thanks, everyone! I'm not going to follow a step-by-step walkthrough but I think I'll definitely look up guides for the ultimate weapons and secret characters.

Just got to the Train Graveyard and, having played Remake, it's quite crazy how... quick everything is lol. The pacing here is just constant and it's really cool to see the sheer amount of backgrounds and locations put into such a small chunk of time. Of course the game itself is old, and you can feel it (both in gameplay and in certain scenes...), but with the storytelling on display here I can see why the game's so beloved. Also think there is a certain charm to everything being done by these tiny chibi models with exaggerated acting, instead of today's template of hyper-realistic mo-capped characters.
There’s a good weapon to steal at the train graveyard lol 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom