• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST20 May 2023| Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boss and I were talking the war machines in Zelda we're seeing on TikTok and just...

Hyrule Warriors 3 but with the Ultrahand for building war machines of mass destruction in the open fields of Hyrule. PvP multiplayer while controlling land, sea or aerial vehicles. Switch 2 exclusive so we don't get the slowdowns of the second game.

Pipe dream? Wishful thinking? Would be cool as heck but not gonna happen?

Will I be considered a prophet when looking back on this post in 2-3 years?

Don't worry neil, your defense attorney is here. I played all the Ace Attorney games, so i got the creds.

well

I’m bringing this up with the other mods…
joking, obviously

Ahem...
4ty8.gif

The defendant is clearly joking. It's impossible for him to be a Kremling, if Fami's very own User Ranking classifies him as a "Like Like"!
aceattorney-phoenix-wright.gif

Therefore, we can conclud that the defendant is clearly not a Kremling!
ace-attorney.gif
phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-game.gif

(Yes, it's atm very slow and boring at work....)

------

My boss and I were talking the war machines in Zelda we're seeing on TikTok and just...

Hyrule Warriors 3 but with the Ultrahand for building war machines of mass destruction in the open fields of Hyrule. PvP multiplayer while controlling land, sea or aerial vehicles. Switch 2 exclusive so we don't get the slowdowns of the second game.

Pipe dream? Wishful thinking? Would be cool as heck but not gonna happen?

Will I be considered a prophet when looking back on this post in 2-3 years?

Do you really want that much physics manipulation in a Warriors game? They can't even iron out performance without physics manipulation, you know. ^^

Preloading for Super Mega Baseball 4 has begun! Shame the Switch doesn't get the three day early access for some reason.

Do you really want that much physics manipulation in a Warriors game? They can't even iron out performance without physics manipulation, you know. ^^
200w.gif

They'll figure it out, Nintendo will just need to be a little more involved with KT and porting the code and physics over is all 😋 Like blowing air into a balloon! Game development is easy! What could possibly go wrong?

200w.gif

They'll figure it out, Nintendo will just need to be a little more involved with KT and porting the code and physics over is all 😋 Like blowing air into a balloon! Game development is easy! What could possibly go wrong?

Dunno, i just fear KT might do the unthinkable and make a retail-level console explode if they have to do such manipulations.

• MIX | Guerrilla Collective: June 7-13
  • Day of the Devs: June 8
  • Summer Game Fest: June 8
  • Access-Ability Summer Showcase: June 9
  • Wholesome Direct: June 10
  • Future Games Show Summer Showcase: June 10
  • Xbox Games Showcase: June 11
  • Starfield Showcase: June 11
  • PC Gaming Show: June 11
  • Ubisoft Forward: June 12
  • Devolver Digital: June
Credit to Soapbox Killer from Resetera for writing this out.
Devolver show is now scheduled for June 8th at 3 PM Pacific!

Devolver show is now scheduled for June 8th at 3 PM Pacific!
I don't know why a port of an OG Xbox game skipped Switch but it's not too late to let this year be the year Metal Wolf Chaos graces the platform after launching on Xbone/PS4 like four years ago

I'm totally that guy that bought Diablo III, played through the campaign on one character, thought it was fun, and then never played it again. There's something about these top down loot games that don't keep me motivated to play forever. I think it may be because the camera is too far zoomed back to appreciate how my character looks. I grinded PSO for hours and hours but not Diablo.

I don't know why a port of an OG Xbox game skipped Switch but it's not too late to let this year be the year Metal Wolf Chaos graces the platform after launching on Xbone/PS4 like four years ago
It's such an obvious thing to do that Famitsu messed up back in the day and listed the game as coming to Switch alongside the other platforms, forcing Devolver to specifically state that the game was, in fact, not coming to Switch. #JustSwitchThings

It's such an obvious thing to do that Famitsu messed up back in the day and listed the game as coming to Switch alongside the other platforms, forcing Devolver to specifically state that the game was, in fact, not coming to Switch. #JustSwitchThings
It's just...why? Who came to the decision that the ROI wasn't guaranteed? Who decided the budget didn't account for a Switch devkit? Who moneyhatted that little bit extra to ensure the game came to PC/PS4/Xbone, but not Switch? What market research dictated that the audience for the game didn't exist on Switch?

It doesn't make a lick of sense. I know it might just be one of those unknown business mysteries where we're not entitled to answers, but by god I would dearly love to know what the hell kind of reasoning led them to think it was financially viable to skip a platform with a roughly ~50 million player base at the time of launch, whose numbers have climbed more than 150% since

It's just...why? Who came to the decision that the ROI wasn't guaranteed? Who decided the budget didn't account for a Switch devkit? Who moneyhatted that little bit extra to ensure the game came to PC/PS4/Xbone, but not Switch? What market research dictated that the audience for the game didn't exist on Switch?

It doesn't make a lick of sense. I know it might just be one of those unknown business mysteries where we're not entitled to answers, but by god I would dearly love to know what the hell kind of reasoning led them to think it was financially viable to skip a platform with a roughly ~50 million player base at the time of launch, whose numbers have climbed more than 150% since
just dumbass business decisions. lots of publishers turn off their one braincell when the switch is involved.

I'm totally that guy that bought Diablo III, played through the campaign on one character, thought it was fun, and then never played it again. There's something about these top down loot games that don't keep me motivated to play forever. I think it may be because the camera is too far zoomed back to appreciate how my character looks. I grinded PSO for hours and hours but not Diablo.
I really like Diablo, but what you’re saying makes me wish Borderlands had a third person mode and armor equips lol. Loot grinding is so much more fun when it’s cosmetic.

Got the Mission Impossible channel on on PlutoTV, and it's one of those shows that, even watching without the sound like I am, you're still on the edge of your seat wondering how they are going to pull off the latest insanity.

Got the Mission Impossible channel on on PlutoTV, and it's one of those shows that, even watching without the sound like I am, you're still on the edge of your seat wondering how they are going to pull off the latest insanity.
Ohh I'll have to check that out, I started rewatching the movies before dead reckoning, always wanted ro check out the TV show (I know it's a different beast).

Hm… Gotta figure out what I’m focusing on next. Almost finished my current evening game (TGAA2) so I need to decide if I’m finally going back to Ryza or starting P3P. For day switch game I’m leaning towards my second FEWTH route. For Xbox, got the C/D(E) Nier replicant endings but don’t have a main game. Maybe ace combat, metal wolf chaos or Soulcalibur. Not quite in a mass effect mood

Anyone else get an email from Nintendo about their most used powers in TotK? My most used power is ultra hand at 42% followed by ascend at 31% with fuse at 17% and recall at 10%
I thought it was a poll of some kind, but I guess not? Mine says Ultrahand 44%, Ascend 31%, Fuse 16%, and Recall 9%.

Anyone else get an email from Nintendo about their most used powers in TotK? My most used power is ultra hand at 42% followed by ascend at 31% with fuse at 17% and recall at 10%
45%, 31% , 16%, 8% for me. Same ones.

Man I do not use enough recall.

Last edited:

Seems like the producer of Megaman left. I don't think it changes a lot (thread has more info), but I do hope Capcom makes an effort on the series. I need something more than MH/RE/SF in my life lol.

mine are 45-31-16-8 i only use ultrahand so much because of addison's signs, ascend is my favorite to use.

Seems like the producer of Megaman left. I don't think it changes a lot (thread has more info), but I do hope Capcom makes an effort on the series. I need something more than MH/RE/SF in my life lol.
I really really wish they would announce something soon that isn't a Legacy Collection. It's been too damn long since 11 and I'd love to know what the hold up is.

I really really wish they would announce something soon that isn't a Legacy Collection. It's been too damn long since 11 and I'd love to know what the hold up is.
One would think right, 11 was almost 5 years ago lol. I do want the Starforce games though, and given the success of BN maybe thats the route they take,

I seriously hope Nintendo continue their excellent collaborations with Koei Tecmo. Especially when it comes to the musou cross-overs; they've kinda ruined more traditional Warriors titles for me, ngl. AoC in particular was pure bliss imo, with the FE Warriors titles closely behind.

I seriously hope Nintendo continue their excellent collaborations with Koei Tecmo. Especially when it comes to the musou cross-overs; they've kinda ruined more traditional Warriors titles for me, ngl. AoC in particular was pure bliss imo, with the FE Warriors titles closely behind.
I too want Koei Tecmo to keep collaborating with Nintendo... on a new Fire Emblem game

I too want Koei Tecmo to keep collaborating with Nintendo... on a new Fire Emblem game
This, too, absolutely!! Three Houses was sooo good (and Engage, without having played it myself yet, seems like a significantly lesser game overall from what I've seen thus far; still going to play it eventually, though).
I wonder if Team Ninja would be interested in collaborating with Nintendo at all (outside of stuff like assisting with musous here and there), like they've done with SIE for something like Nioh.
They seem to lean more towards 'higher-end' development, as far as I can tell, which probably makes it harder to work together on such projects.

Gonna make a thread that if you're up way past your bedtime because you lost track of time playing Zelda and made the mistake of visiting this site before going to sleep you need to own up to your mistakes and post in that thread as penance.

My name is Brofield, I just arrived at the Rito Village, and why am I still awake at nearly 3AM on a Wednesday morning

I want to get Diablo IV but I haven’t decided the platform yet. I tend to go for 3rd party high end games on Xbox, and Xbox is easier for me to manage storage on. But my mom also really likes Diablo and I gave her my old PS4. We can gameshare on that if I get it on PS5. It also seems likely that there will be Game Pass perks for the Xbox version eventually.

Morning Fami!! Kinda in a game drought right now. Just playing my husbando game and waiting for FF16/Pikmin 4. What's the vibe?

I’ll be busy later today so I want to say it preemptively just in case, @Irene your May ST and launch party event for Zelda was awesome :)

just dumbass business decisions. lots of publishers turn off their one braincell when the switch is involved.
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda looking forward to when we reach the point that leakers and insiders feel comfortable enough to openly reveal the reasons why certain specific titles didn't come to Switch. The vast majority of reasons will be boring and predictable, but I'm certain there are some dandies hidden there.

I feel like I'm in the minority here, but I was underwhelmed by both Barry's and Succession's endings
I enjoyed Barry's ending, but I have mixed feelings about Succession's, which is funny since I was not expecting this at all, I was really mid on this Barry's season and loving Succession.

I don't think I truly appreciated this back when BotW came out*, but I'm truly digging how confidently "old school" TotK feels. I've absolutely been loving how the game throws back to 80's era PC titles like King's Quest and Might & Magic II where you're just dropped into this world, no inventory, given a broad goal and then basically shoved out into the world to figure out how to reach the goal. That you can draw a line from KQ/Wizardry -> Tower of Druaga -> Legend of Zelda -> A bunch of other games (including the Immersive Sim genre) -> BotW -> TotK is phenomenal.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom