• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST20 May 2023| Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every Youtuber is getting in their final Breath of the Wild videos before Friday.
Eurogamer has been running a BotW related article every day for almost a week now. It’s sort of fascinating to see SEO in real-time like that.

They’re totally giving it an Essential

Yall I am so ready for the new MCU
MUPPET CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

Can they do anything with Fraggle Rock or Seasame Street since those are distributed by other companies?

Also, there’s always been a Muppet Cinematic Universe no matter how much they’ve tried to scrub the Christmas Special out of existence

Can they do anything with Fraggle Rock or Seasame Street since those are distributed by other companies?
They aren't just distributed by other companies, they straight-up weren't part of the deal when Disney bought the Muppets. AFAIK the Muppets characters and brand are owned by Disney, not the whole of The Jim Henson Company (as opposed to Lucasfilm or Marvel, which Disney did buy completely), so other Henson creations like Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock are not at all under the current Muppet umbrella. However I think the Henson company technically still owns Fraggle Rock and they obviously still work with Sesame Workshop after they became their own thing, so I think it's possible the Henson company could act as a conduit through which Sesame and Fraggle characters could pop up in Muppets media, but I wouldn't count on it. Disney would probably take a mile if Henson ever gave them that inch.

Current low-key obsession is going through the “cheats” section for notable Wii, DS, Wii U, and 3DS games (namely Mario and Kirby platformers) and feeling like I was sleepwalking gaming wise for the last 15 years or something. I know I beat these games but it feels like for so many of them I stopped at the first “congratulations” screen and didn’t stick around for the after party when the game really starts ☹️

In Washington DC, they hold an embassy open house every year where you can visit participating embassies free of admission. Seeing the insides are cool and it's great way to try a country's food, music, arts, etc. Some countries really use it as a time to sell their products or entice you to visit. Like when I went to Croatia years ago, they really wanted you to know that they filmed Game of Thrones there.

But it's also an opportunity to be fed a country's propaganda. I visited China's embassy this year and it was pretty normal for the most part but right at the end, they were handing out pamphlets about Muslims in China and a good about human rights from Chinese authors. When I went to Denmark a few years back, they had lots of stands and posters talking about how they are leading the fight in climate change so that was pretty cool. During a guided tour, they showed us a collage of Bill Clinton that they had in the embassy and they explained it was made by Denmark as a gift to him for helping to end the Bosnian War. They said he accepted it but then graciously said it would look good hanging on wall of their embassy lol

In Washington DC, they hold an embassy open house every year where you can visit participating embassies free of admission. Seeing the insides are cool and it's great way to try a country's food, music, arts, etc. Some countries really use it as a time to sell their products or entice you to visit. Like when I went to Croatia years ago, they really wanted you to know that they filmed Game of Thrones there.

But it's also an opportunity to be fed a country's propaganda. I visited China's embassy this year and it was pretty normal for the most part but right at the end, they were handing out pamphlets about Muslims in China and a good about human rights from Chinese authors. When I went to Denmark a few years back, they had lots of stands and posters talking about how they are leading the fight in climate change so that was pretty cool. During a guided tour, they showed us a collage of Bill Clinton that they had in the embassy and they explained it was made by Denmark as a gift to him for helping to end the Bosnian War. They said he accepted it but then graciously said it would look good hanging on wall of their embassy lol
I've done that before. It's definitely an interesting experience, yes.

The food is always awesome though.

I love just how much anticipation and excitement is in the air right now for TOTK. Basically every game site and YouTube channel I know of is doing week-long Zelda stuff, podcasts are all doing something Zelda, it’s just everywhere. Really feels like a celebration of the series in lead-up to a holiday for the game release or something.
Zelda releases are one of gaming’s greatest “events” imo. This series is special for so many people, and so a new release is celebrated like a pseudo-holiday complete with loads of articles/videos, intense internet hype, and a general sense of child-like nostalgia.

Xander in Buffy is such a fucking loser, my god

The episode where he joins a gang because of magic hyenas (yes really) is hilarious

who’s ready for a very vanilla shareholder meeting?

(pls age poorly)
I am, it's actually been a good quarter, a litte bumpy in feb

dWAV9xh.jpg

It's never vanilla because there's always "that one investor" with the oddball question
That one investor who went to a NINTENDO shareholders meeting to say/ask "Video games are dumb. Why do you always talk about video games at these meetings? Can you discuss something else instead?" will always be a fucking legend.

I'm mostly curious how much Prime Remastered sold. Will be telling if we get more $40 remasters like that.

It's never vanilla because there's always "that one investor" with the oddball question
„Mr. Furukawa, I am a huge fan of your work in early Switch commercials as head of marketing for Nintendo. At how many rooftop parties have you been and how has that impacted your life?“

Vanilla meeting but wait until SA announces they bought more shares (and this is def. going to happen) and the nintendoomed clock goes turbo again

Nice thing is it is free, but now you have to enter a drawing to get tickets.

This happening alongside PAX West makes me think Nintendo is not going to have a traditional booth at PAX. If that's the case, that makes me wonder if a PAX West ticket will still be worthwhile to someone who would primarily go for the Nintendo booth or if all games they're going to show would be at Nintendo Live (and probably not upcoming games).

This happening alongside PAX West makes me think Nintendo is not going to have a traditional booth at PAX. If that's the case, that makes me wonder if a PAX West ticket will still be worthwhile to someone who would primarily go for the Nintendo booth or if all games they're going to show would be at Nintendo Live (and probably not upcoming games).
You'll get your Nintendo Vs. booth at PAX West and you'll like it

0702-D04-F-EA5-E-46-E7-B46-C-0-E12060-EBC2-B.jpg

Almost officially out I’m the wild. Must be expecting massive sales to get 3 slots. Also nice to see Prime in routine stock too.
"Was Metroid Prime Remaster's sales just a flash in the pan? Join me for the next 30 minutes as I explain why Metroid is dead."

0702-D04-F-EA5-E-46-E7-B46-C-0-E12060-EBC2-B.jpg

Almost officially out I’m the wild. Must be expecting massive sales to get 3 slots. Also nice to see Prime in routine stock too.
Really hoping I can snag a copy at Target on Friday. I remember Splatoon 3 launch weekend the clerk said it was just constantly selling. I expect this will be the same but even more so.

I really doubt we'll get Dread numbers tomorrow. It needs to sell another million copies this last quarter and I doubt it has. We'll have to wait for the CES papers or whatever it is called later this year or is it early next year when that is released? I don't remember.

is the report a few hours away May 9th or over 24 hours from now may 9th?
Should be May 9th in Japan so a few hours away.

My belated realization is that I’ve started calling Tears of the Kingdom by its proper name instead of BotW2, and I don’t remember when I started doing that haha.

It’s gonna be tight but I might make it! I’m on chapter 3! Plus I have xbc digital so it won’t be fighting for the slot(AWRBC will be tho as I won’t be in the mood to swap it out every night)

I'm ready to call May 12th Good Friday, not only because Tears of the Kingdom finally releases but also because no one should expect to hear from me for three days. If they're lucky. Could be three weeks.

And yeah, that's a bad joke in multiple ways. Someone let me know if it goes too far.

Sadly no, but I want it. I'm tryina speak it into the universe.
📣🎤

This only makes the wait feel longer!

Joke’s on them, I already do this regularly
Tonight into tomorrow we’re getting sales numbers and that’ll fuel some discussion for a bit. I kind of wish reviews were happening Wednesday, since Thursday will be hype ground zero and we don’t need much else that late in the game. Although maybe it’ll help us push through the last bit.

The game tries to hit a balance between Uncharted-style setpiece driven gameplay, Souls-lite combat and Metroid Prime exploration and imo doesn't always succeed but that might be just me liking the latter two components better. Survivor seems a bit better in that regard but I'm not that far.
Yeah, I can totally see that (at least in terms of Uncharted-style setpieces and Souls-lite combat, but I haven't seen enough of the first planet after being done with the opening section of the game to really comment on its exploration/level structure yet).
So far I'd have to say that the setpieces don't work for me, like at all (I really dislike them when they're as lengthy and frequent as they were right in the beginning); while the combat is good, it isn't exciting or great in its current form. I'm anticipating that it'll still evolve to some degree, but the base mechanics, which I assume stay relevant throughout the rest of the game, are solid, yet nothing too thrilling. I don't know how to put it other than "yeah, works well enough" and then look for something else in the game that's more of a standout aspect to me.

Ngl, it'll be an up-hill battle for the game from here on out, trying to keep my attention and making me wanna continue playing. The Star Wars theme is what got me interested in it to begin with, but that isn't enough to carry the experience, I can say that much already. If combat and exploration fail to make up for the setpieces.... eeeeh, I might just end up watching a playthrough or some such.

Eurogamer has been running a BotW related article every day for almost a week now. It’s sort of fascinating to see SEO in real-time like that.

They’re totally giving it an Essential

TotK is getting an Essential by them without any sort of shred out of any sort of doubt.
If it doesn't, I'll eat my hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Back
Top Bottom