• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
where the DQ 9 Switch remake at Square??!?!? With online co-op?!?!
Hino: YEA!
I like it too. I think I is more fun because it's such an unique game and it's very short, but II is interesting because of all the improvements, I really like that sense of following the evolution of a classic series and learning about gaming history. I think people dislike it because it's grindy, your team mates die all the time, and the map is too big and the game doesn't always tell you where to go. I go into retro games expecting them to be, you know, retro, so none of that was a dealbreaker for me and I really enjoyed it. The soundtrack is amazing and the game has a lot of charm, like every other DQ.

It is the DQ I'd be less likely to revisit without some QoL in a future remake, though. Horii did say he might want to remake I and II to make them more modern when they're done with III, so who knows.
maybe the mobile/switch version of the game is quite different, but I didn't find it grindy or easy to get lost in. the first game was more confusing in that aspect. DQ2 is way more linear and has things that will block you off. but, again, I played a recent variant of the game, so maybe there were QoL changes to make the game palatable

The one-two of E3 and Autumn Direct this year actually left me very happy with the schedule almost all the way until next summer. Probably never in the Switch era been less thirsty for schedule hyping than I've been the last two months or so. But I can feel it's starting to build up a bit, not because the schedule is lacking anything for me (I have too much to play!) but because there are just so many fun rumours and expected titles!
Yeah 2022 is looking really hype based on the rumors, especially for metroid prime hd, the new fire emblem, etc

We still don't have a DQ StarTopic by the way, we should have one. If no one wants to make one, I might do it soonish.

Would be fine if they re-release IV/V/VI DS and VII 3DS versions for modern consoles. Not need for full remakes.

The one that can have a good remake is VIII.

Also, if FF gets its Origin game, why not DQ? (But with an artstyle more faithful lol)

It's a shot-in-the-dark prediction so I'm not gonna bet anything on it

but Goldeneye on NSO+EP (along with that long-ago leaked Xbox remaster on Game Pass)
why stop there

nintendo-switch-xbox-game-pass-1.jpg

Prime remaster would be cool. I don't know what to expect myself at all. I've got a feeling it won't be anything huge - but I'd love to be wrong.

Would be a little weird to debut another Metroid game when one up for GOTY with only 2 months of sales.
Metroid Prime will not show up here. It will show up later at the first direct of 2022 or at E3. E3 would be great if they want it in conjunction with doing a first reveal of Prime 4.

Would be a little weird to debut another Metroid game when one up for GOTY with only 2 months of sales.

Why? It would be announced with a release date for Q1 2022. If anything, it would get people taking about Metroid and give a bump to Dread's sales on the holidays.

Dane-o Crisis

edit: christ, are you guys even trying

Didn't something just leak showing the platforms? Am I losing my mind here?

edit: y'know maybe don't answer that second part

We don't really know what the leak was referring to. Dusk Golem said a while ago that the multiplayer stuff for Outrage wasn't coming to Switch anyway so if the leaked doc was referring to material for the multiplayer portion, it might not be relevant after all. We'll just have to wait.

Nintendo TGA?

Expected: Metroid Prime Remaster/make

hope: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 :D

Wishes: Botw 2

End of the World: Metroid Prime 4

Nothing will beat square tho they announced final fantasy 14 before 13 was even out back in 2009.
that was how they did things since the PS1 days. they announced 7,8,9 together, 10,11,12 together, the 13 collection and 14. they learned the hard way they couldn't keep doing that

Didn't something just leak showing the platforms? Am I losing my mind here?

edit: y'know maybe don't answer that second part
I'm not aware of any recent leaks about it but there was an email leaked about Outrage multiplayer stuff coming to everything but Switch.

The only reason why I believe in the Outrage Switch rumour in the first place is Dusk Golem's track record and his explanations. But if I'm going to be honest it never sounded like something Capcom would do before Dusk talked about it.

Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS :p

"Third-person Resident Evil on 3DS" also didn't make much sense to me before I experienced it myself and realized how pared back it was compared to even something like Resident Evil 4. Having the Switch as lead platform for a new Resident Evil game and then not even bring the multiplayer portion to the system struck me as similarly odd until Dusk explained some stuff.

Let's rank Final Fantasy games, that always works!
I really, really, really, really, really, really like Eight.
Don't know why, it just hooked me at the right age maybe. I also like XIII. I am such an outlier.
I do recognize the superiority of VI tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom