• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A chicken & bacon ranch with pickles, olives, honey mustard and optionally lettuce+tomato if you like
too late lmao

got the all american no cheese (I have a dairy thing), double schmeats, lettuce, tomato, onion, banana peppers, and oil and vinegar

finna enjoy my feast

What's popping, Fami! Hope y'all had a fun weekend!

Played some Halo on Friday for a friend's 30th birthday, went out to a dive bar on Saturday for another friend's 30th birthday party and bought her and I a couple rounds of tequila, and Sunday afternoon visited a friend's condo for some local multiplayer of Cruis'n Blast and Mario Party Superstars (because it also was his 30th birthday lol). I feel rejuvenated and exhausted in the best kind of ways having got to spend quality time with people close to me, and I hope y'all get to do that in whatever way you're able to do that you're comfortable with 💕

Now, while I play catch up on the thread from page 178, I wanna know what love is y'all have been up to, I want you to show me what games you've been playing, and if you're still struggling like me to finish even one of the Gamecube badges for the November event if you're participating haha

Capcom's original schedule for 2022 was looking really good. RE Outrage, Pragmata, Snappers, Dragon's Dogma 2, Street Fighter 6, Rockman Taisen, and whatever "Indies 2" is supposed to be.

Most of these have probably been pushed back to 2023, especially the ones originally scheduled for calendar Q3/Q4. Pragmata is already confirmed, but that isn't surprising, seeing as Capcom can't even explain to us what the game is.

too late lmao

got the all american no cheese (I have a dairy thing), double schmeats, lettuce, tomato, onion, banana peppers, and oil and vinegar

finna enjoy my feast
Any sandwich with banana peppers is a win, even from Subway.

My guesses for TGAs thass Nintendo related:

• Ninty and Microsoft bring back GoldenEye.
  • Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope gets a new trailer.
  • New 90s X-Men themed game comes to Switch first.
  • Revelations 3 trailer, no platforms other than Switch listed.
  • Dr. Mario 99 out now, not an Expansion Pak game.
  • Zelda themed Minecraft resource pak announced. For a split second people think it's BotW 2.

"Third-person Resident Evil on 3DS" also didn't make much sense to me before I experienced it myself and realized how pared back it was compared to even something like Resident Evil 4. Having the Switch as lead platform for a new Resident Evil game and then not even bring the multiplayer portion to the system struck me as similarly odd until Dusk explained some stuff.

Full fat Resident Evil experience on the successor to the DS(fastest selling console ever, best selling console in Japan) made perfect sense in 2009/2010 or whenever it was greenlit.

Didn't something just leak showing the platforms? Am I losing my mind here?

edit: y'know maybe don't answer that second part
That wasn't new was just reminding people that RE Switch isn't a sure thing. It's Dusk Golem and that RE fanblog vs hard evidence from files stolen from Capcom. Or maybe both can be correct somehow but the "that Outrage is actually a multiplayer thingy" handwave doesn't make sense to me personally

Last edited:
Full fat Resident Evil experience on the successor to the DS(fastest selling console ever, best selling console in Japan) made perfect sense in 2009/2010 or whenever it was greenlit.

I struggle to call Rev1 a full fat Resident Evil but I guess my larger point was that most of the internet armchair analyst speculation is based on extremely limited information and we're quick to claim that some things make sense (or make no sense) when our knowledge of the inner workings of any given company or their long term strategy barely even scratches the surface. I remember a lot of the MonHun discourse basically being two sides claiming their scenario made more sense than the other. In the end we got both types of MonHun after all.

That wasn't new was just reminding people that RE Switch isn't a sure thing. It's Dusk Golem and that RE fanblog vs hard evidence from files stolen from Capcom. Or maybe both can be correct somehow but I don't like the "that Outrage is actually a multiplayer thingy" handwave

big "context is just making excuses" energy in this post I love it

My guesses for TGAs thass Nintendo related:

• Ninty and Microsoft bring back GoldenEye.
  • Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope gets a new trailer.
  • New 90s X-Men themed game comes to Switch first.
  • Revelations 3 trailer, no platforms other than Switch listed.
  • Dr. Mario 99 out now, not an Expansion Pak game.
  • Zelda themed Minecraft resource pak announced. For a split second people think it's BotW 2.
You mean X-Men Legends ‘92 only for Nintendo switch built off of MUA3

Wonder if we would have a cranky kong moment and Nintendo just shows off the stinky horse game
I wonder if Nate knows what Nintendo will be showing

That wasn't new was just reminding people that RE Switch isn't a sure thing. It's Dusk Golem and that RE fanblog vs hard evidence from files stolen from Capcom. Or maybe both can be correct somehow but I don't like the "that Outrage is actually a multiplayer thingy" handwave
You mean that one "email" in the Capcom leak that showed a future RE game with no Switch version listed?

There's definitely 2 new RE games coming in the near future and we don't know which one actually is the "Outrage" codenamed game. That email could have been about RE4 remake or even RE9.

My bet on TGA is 2 out of these 3:

• Mario + Rabbids 2
  • RE Outrage (whatever its switch temp exclusive or not)
  • Zelda BOTW2

Maybe, another third party exclusive title.

I wonder if Nate knows what Nintendo will be showing
He's said in a couple places that Geoff's Tweet wasn't related to Zelda. Assuming that he was doing more than just sharing his opinion, he either knows what the Geoff thing is or knows something about the status of Zelda

edit: just saw his latest post on it, nevermind

I may only be saying this because I disagree with all but three of them (bonus points if anyone guesses which), but having a bulleted list as your signature might be pushing their inclusion a little too far lmao

edit: yes mine is long but at least it word wraps
Dane2023, StinkyHorseHype, and AntiXeno?

hey @Derachi (and everyone else), what's good at subway
A chicken & bacon ranch with pickles, olives, honey mustard and optionally lettuce+tomato if you like

Ah yes another CBR king

What's popping, Fami! Hope y'all had a fun weekend!

Played some Halo on Friday for a friend's 30th birthday, went out to a dive bar on Saturday for another friend's 30th birthday party and bought her and I a couple rounds of tequila, and Sunday afternoon visited a friend's condo for some local multiplayer of Cruis'n Blast and Mario Party Superstars (because it also was his 30th birthday lol). I feel rejuvenated and exhausted in the best kind of ways having got to spend quality time with people close to me, and I hope y'all get to do that in whatever way you're able to do that you're comfortable with 💕

Now, while I play catch up on the thread from page 178, I wanna know what love is y'all have been up to, I want you to show me what games you've been playing, and if you're still struggling like me to finish even one of the Gamecube badges for the November event if you're participating haha

Nice, what's up with all of us being 30?

Anyway, good to hear from you checking in from Real Life™®. I've been sucked deeeeep into SMT V, helplessly reconfiguring my team and grinding out every single side quest and finding every little hidden item.

Nearing the end of the game and part of me is ready to put it down, and part of me wishes I had way more to do with all of the options the game gives me! Although I truly have no idea what the endgame has in store, so it's too early to say.

I haven't had this much fun with a JRPG since Xenoblade 2, and SMT V has shot to my T5SGOAT (Top 5 Switch Games Of All Time™®)

Finished Grandia 2 last night, have a ton of Jrpg’s in the backlog but don’t know what I’ll start next tho I’ll probably work on SRWX till I figure it out

Will do. Sounders got bounced on PKs so have lots of support to give (Just have to save some to cheer against Portland winning MLS cup).
Yeah. I saw Real Salt Lake scored last minute to advance.

Didn’t keep up with MLS this year since i started working a graveyard shift and was sleeping thought out much the games played lol.

Played catch up on the thread. @Derachi it was an honour having you as captain

Hello, everyone!
My right joycon has just died and it won’t connect to the Switch. Has any of you had the same problem?
Not sure if it's the exact same issue, but oddly when I was playing Mario Party Superstars on Sunday I had some issued with Joycons disconnecting randomly throughout playing Horror Land. The two pro controllers in use didn't have issue, but my right Orange joy con in the grip handle disconnected once and my right Mario Odyssey joycon disconnected twice in split hand usage (I was also closest to my Switch; it was just behind the TV). Full batteries on both, and I slid them back into the Switch dock rail to reconnect but they'd still disconnect. Very peculiar and I really hope this is not a new issue I have to contend with having four separate sets of joycons.

Not sure if this is too off topic but there seems to be a fair bit of not strictly Nintendo related posts here so here goes.

After 7 long years single, I am single no longer, thanks in part to the power of gaming.

A few months ago I met this wonderful girl online; we're both huge geeks and Switch gamers, and we bonded over our mutual love of games like Monster Hunter Rise, Bayonetta 2, and Astral Chain. It broke the ice by giving us a mutual hobby to talk about.

Our city was in an extended lockdown at the time so we couldn't meet at first and spent the first two months just chatting online, but yesterday we had our 4th date and I asked if she wanted to take things further and make us official. She said yes.

I am over the moon; she's kind, smart, funny, gorgeous, and completely accepting and understanding of the fact I am autistic and have OCD, which are often deal breakers for people. I feel so incredibly blessed and can't wait to see where this goes.

Phew, sorry for the diary entry, was just busting to share haha.
This warms the cockles of my heart, congrats @curl-6! Stories like this remind me of the good that gaming is capable of in bringing people together 🤗

A hologram Geoff Keighley will be in the Metroid Prime remake
Had I more skill in creating GIFs, I'd want to replace Geoff's face in this one for the announcement

metroid-other-m-remember-me.gif

9bc.gif

Next F-Zero is gonna be outsourced
I have not seen this before but bloody hell Hank Hill is absolutely a deadringer for Douglas Jay Falcon 😂😂

nintendo should stop making games for babies and go back to their roots and make hotels and hanafuda cards again
Stop making games for babies

Return to making games for making babies

517ND9BZKZL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Nice, what's up with all of us being 30?

Anyway, good to hear from you checking in from Real Life™®. I've been sucked deeeeep into SMT V, helplessly reconfiguring my team and grinding out every single side quest and finding every little hidden item.

Nearing the end of the game and part of me is ready to put it down, and part of me wishes I had way more to do with all of the options the game gives me! Although I truly have no idea what the endgame has in store, so it's too early to say.

I haven't had this much fun with a JRPG since Xenoblade 2, and SMT V has shot to my T5SGOAT (Top 5 Switch Games Of All Time™®)
Not terribly sure either, but it is a source of small comfort to me knowing that if I have to walk through existential dread having turned 30 almost two months ago, I don't necessarily have to do it alone 😋 At the very least 1991 was a good year for some very sexy people to have been born ahaha

God, I really want to jump in on SMTV, but there's a certain fear of not knowing enough to get involved for the fifth entry in the series, and also much like you caught in a rock and a hard place of ready to set down MH Rise having grinded as much as I can tolerate to get to rank 8 and yet knowing I haven't yet experimented nearly enough with the depths of the combat system to progress enough to actually see the story to conclusion even if I don't hop on the online event quests.

That being said it is a very promising review you offer, and hell if I can reduce my backlog even a smidgen I'll look to pick it up in the near future!

You better believe this was a critical foundation song to my playlist on Spotify entitled 'The fresh, angsty Hell that is turning 30' lol

I found my copy of Pokémon Colosseum but I only have my Wii U.

Sadness. I might have actually gotten rid of my Wii and just forgot.

What’s Nintendont?
A homebrew app for Wii/Wii U that let's you play Gamecube games via ISOs. It enables stuff like virtual memory cards and additional controller support, so you can play GC games with the Wii Remote and Nunchuck, or stuff like the Gamepad and Wii U Pro Controller on Wii U. It's super nifty. I ripped all of my ISOs with my Wii when its disk drive still worked so I could use it.

What’s Nintendont?
What Sega Does™

Because Wii U effectively has a Wii's guts crammed inside, it technically has the capability to play Gamecube discs natively, you just need the gamecube controller adapter from Smash Bros to play them. The hack just makes the Wii U capable of more than it can currently do, and honestly one of the best methods of retro compatibility from NES all the way up to Wii U, and a few PS1 games as well from my understanding.

E: @Robert said it better; I'm just talking out my ass when I don't even have Nintendont lol

What are the other four?

I think mine would probably be BOTW, Odyssey, Celeste, Three Houses, and Dread, but Hades is politely knocking on the door asking to join the party and everyone is kinda looking back and forth at each other because nobody can really think of a reason not to let them in

A homebrew app for Wii/Wii U that let's you play Gamecube games via ISOs. It enables stuff like virtual memory cards and additional controller support, so you can play GC games with the Wii Remote and Nunchuck, or stuff like the Gamepad and Wii U Pro Controller on Wii U. It's super nifty. I ripped all of my ISOs with my Wii when its disk drive still worked so I could use it.
Holy smokes. If I wasn’t a complete moron when it comes to this kind of stuff. I would be playing my GameCube games on Wii U lol

Got a solid collection.

-Strikers
-Pokémon Colosseum and Gale
-Melee
-Paper Mario
-Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
-Twilight Princess (the superior version)
-Prime
-Luigi’s Mansion
- Double Dash
-Soul Calibaur 2
-Kirby Air Ride
-Both Star Foxes

Would be a nostalgic trip for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom