• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST2 Nov. 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or…

Which TGA nomination snub upset you the most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m always impressive how badly those Multiplayer Resident Evil games do.

Like, it’s weird, they can’t pull It off lol

I just don't see how Resident Evil's mechanics lend themselves to a multiplayer game, but golly Capcom keeps trying, lol.

Might be a remaster, in which case the crowd would explode.
Maybe, but I doubt it's that. Goldeneye is more likely the OG N64 game for the expansion. Regardless, I personally want to see a new game or update for Zelda/Bayonetta.

Maybe, but I doubt it's that. Goldeneye is more likely the OG N64 game for the expansion. Regardless, I personally want to see a new game or update for Zelda/Bayonetta.
Microsoft technically has some of the rights, so it would be on Gamepass and NSO. In that case, Microsoft would probably want to do an HD remaster.

It's best to forget about RE Outrage.
Is it OK to remember RE Revelations 3?

We were told there was 1) a "RE Revelations 3" title that was being made with Switch as primary console, but would get ported to everything and 2) some multiplayer RE title that would come to everything but Switch. The source was unsure which title was "Outrage." It could be (hopefully) that the Revelations title is still being developed with Switch in mind, even if Outrage is not or cancelled.

fc7.jpg

Pyra killing RE Outrage to increase the likelyhood of XC3 being the TGA Nintendo reveal, you love to see it.

if true, NSO+EP subs are gonna skyrocket

lotsa people have nostalgia and think that game is good
Derachi with some spicy takes here.
I agree, lol. Goldeneye is a game I massively respect, but can't really enjoy, at least on OG hardware and controls. Emulating with mouselook and 60FPS is fun, though.

you really expect that much? Based on the last TGAs for Nintendo, I‘d be happy with a new M+R trailer and I don’t even fully expect that
I could see Mario + Rabbids getting a new trailer at the Game Awards. Nintendo does do trailers for games announced like last year they had a trailer for Monster Hunter Rise at the Game Awards. Sephiroth in Smash was the big announcement from them.

Someone can say MHR isn’t a Nintendo IP. Technically, M+R is an Ubisoft IP.

if true, NSO+EP subs are gonna skyrocket

lotsa people have nostalgia and think that game is good
I honestly don't think it will all that much. doing shit like adding Gen 1-3 of pokemon would do more but that would require NIntendo to make good decisions about online services

I'm actually feeling a Prime 4 + Prime Remster double feature at the Game Awards. Like, actually feeling it.

But either way, Nintendo will show up. They're partners of the show, and they never miss it.

Goldeneye on the N64 is a classic.
Goldeneye on the GC/PS2 was no a good game.
Goldeneye on the Wii was surprisingly fun.
Timesplitters 2 and 3 are the best Goldeneye games.

Where is all of this Goldeneye at the TGA's stuff coming from?
SOMEONE (would have had to have been the publisher of the work, therefore Nintendo) got it removed from Germany's list of media that was deemed harmful to minors. Being delisted from that usually happens like 25-30 years or something after publication by default, but this one was an active removal.

Here's a Eurogamer link for you.

If outrage is the multiplayer mode, wonder if its revelations 3 that is coming to switch or is that not even a real thing

SOMEONE (would have had to have been the publisher of the work, therefore Nintendo) got it removed from Germany's list of media that was deemed harmful to minors. Being delisted from that usually happens like 25-30 years or something after publication by default, but this one was an active removal.

Here's a Eurogamer link for you.
Oh yeah this is probably what is going to be shown then

Goldeneye on NSO being announced at the Game Awards?
That's what I'm thinking Nintendo's announcement will be. Gonna garner a lot of groans from more hardcore gamelikers but a lot of people are gonna go bonkers for it. People love Goldeneye for some reason.

I think this announcement would come with Goldeneye Remastered also coming to Xbox Game Pass. There's no way this deal is getting made without Xbox gettin' a piece of that action

did you say Outrage isn't coming to switch? cause of so, there's nothing to say if you're wrong or right
I thought I also mentioned I didn’t feel Outrage was a revelation single player type game as well. But looks like I didn’t.

Nevermind. Tho if it’s multiplayer, might not come to switch anyways. Maybe the new switch tho

IIRC Microsoft getting the fancy HD remaster of Goldeneye on Xbox while Nintendo just got a mere VC rom dump on Wii is (at least partially) why the plans for it fell through to begin with.

The most ideal path would be to release the HD remaster that got canned for both Switch and Xbox/PC.

Using TGA to advertise an online sub is kinda...shitty? Like, it's not thermonuclear warfare, but still would be dumb as hell no matter how much I would enjoy GoldenEye on N64 NSO.

Now, if Nintendo and MS walked on stage being like "Yeah, that GoldenEye XBLA remaster back in the early 00s was real, we're making it real and finishing the last 10%, it's gonna have crossplay and Pierce Brosnan. Play in 4K or on the go, $30, releasing in February", I'd be absolutely ecstatic

E: Slower than high school freshmen in the hallways

IIRC Microsoft getting the fancy HD remaster of Goldeneye on Xbox while Nintendo just got a mere VC rom dump on Wii is (at least partially) why the plans for it fell through to begin with.

The most ideal path would be to release the HD remaster that got canned for both Switch and Xbox/PC.
If Nintendo felt the same way now, Mario 64 on NSO EP would be the 3D All-Stars version. If they cared about getting the best versions of stuff, there'd be more effort shown in that regard with their own software.

At this point, their N64 offerings are 100% a nostalgia play. I mean, heck, they're selling that fucking controller in the year of our lord 2021. I don't think, in this instance, they'd care about getting the N64 ROM.

Like I'm sorry, but a ROM dump coming to a poor service is a terrible TGA announcement. I don't care how legendary Goldeneye is, the original release did not age well, especially with a superior remaster existing. And NSO is so sub-par with the expansion pack exposing more problems with Nintendo's approach to online gaming and legacy content that I can barely muster excitement for Goldeneye or any more old games coming to the service.

dont get me wrong

goldeneye sucks

but general audiences would lose their minds at the idea of playing Goldeneye in 2021 with online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom