• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

@chocolate_supra rn

And also
1e2a2943b3871f23576937330a0fbdd9f6-squidward.rsquare.w700.jpg

Now that the launch trailer for Tears of the Kingdom is out of the way I hope there'll be an indie Direct sometime later this month.

The TOTK trailer was exactly what I wanted while not revealing too much, and the FF16 gameplay showing was ALSO exactly what I've been wanting out of that game! Great stuff, and my hype for both games is firmly at 11. It took me a while to get there for both, especially 16, but damn what a 1-2 punch for May and June.

How I'd put the GOTY nominees for the TGA's:

Locks:
-Zelda
-FF XVI
-Resident Evil 4

Wild Cards:
-Spider-Man 2
-Starfield
-Diabo IV
-Star Wars: Jedi Survivor
-[Redacted]
-Street Fighter 6
-Octopath Traveler 2
-Dead Space
-Hollow Knight: Silksong

Normally there is an indie game or two that sneaks in every year, but there is no way that happens this year. AAA is way too stacked.

Locks:
-Zelda
-FF XVI
-Resident Evil 4

Wild Cards:
-Spider-Man 2
-Starfield
-Diabo IV
-[Redacted]
-Street Fighter 6
-Octopath Traveler 2
-Dead Space

Normally there is an indie game or two that sneaks in every year, but there is no way that happens this year. AAA is way too stacked.
Alan Wake II is still aiming for this year I believe. If that makes it, that’s another huge contender.

Locks:
-Zelda
-FF XVI
-Resident Evil 4

Wild Cards:
-Spider-Man 2
-Starfield
-Diabo IV
-[Redacted]
-Street Fighter 6
-Octopath Traveler 2
-Dead Space

This is such a stacked list. If there are some excellent Indies even that get universal buzz kind of like a Hades, just doesn't seem like there will be room for them this year. Even stuff like Jedi Survivor (even if it's really good) will probably fade into the background if Starfield, Zelda, FF16, Diablo 4, and co all deliver.

Way of the thief: gotta be the funniest thing in the world that you roll into a guy from the front, literally rob him blind, and that keeps up your stealth combo so you aren’t detected XD

One reason I've never been bothered by the "recycled" Hyrule is that, regardless of how expansive Skyrule and Caverule turn out to be, I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of BotW players haven't seen or done more than 30% of all there's to see or do in that game. Like, I've invested 500 hours in it and I'm still discovering new shit during my replay.

Yes, it will still feel somewhat familiar BUT I'm convinced it'll feel fresh to most thanks to all the new additions.

One reason I've never been bothered by the "recycled" Hyrule is that, regardless of how expansive Skyrule and Caverule turn out to be, I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of BotW players haven't seen or done more than 30% of all there's to see or do in that game. Like, I've invested 500 hours in it and I'm still discovering new shit during my replay.

Yes, it will still feel somewhat familiar BUT I'm convinced it'll feel fresh to most thanks to all the new additions.
Exactly. That's why I've actually been a fan of the idea of recycled Hyrule from the beginning, I didn't want a new game, I wanted more BotW.

And if anything we're getting so much more than I bargained for that I'm not even sure I'll be happy about that! 🤣

I know I could easily look this up but it’s damn satisfying building out my own result table on paper for the crafting in Live A Live’s prehistoric chapter 😎

Hades II would like to have a word with you, assuming it gets into early access this year

(I also wouldn’t rule out Mina the Hollower but I’m not as certain about that releasing in some form this year)

I beat botw 3 times, got all 120 shrines twice. Last month I discovered that snow-bowling mini game lmao

Locks:
-Zelda
-FF XVI
-Resident Evil 4

Wild Cards:
-Spider-Man 2
-Starfield
-Diabo IV
-[Redacted]
-Street Fighter 6
-Octopath Traveler 2
-Dead Space

Pizza Tower will swoop every category

Well I did it, finally beat Vostok Inc after all these years. Beat all the bosses, built all the buildings(on all planets), rescued all the execs, andbeat the credits. Fun and weirdly addictive twin stick clicker. Now to delete it so it never consumes me again. Why am I still awake, I could’ve finished the game tomorrow.
(Also I recommend Arcade Paradise way more, liked the loop and story way better)

I’m going to sleep

Day 1 after the final trailer. Day 1 of 29 days of hellish waiting for the game torture.

Locks:
-Zelda
-FF XVI
-Resident Evil 4

Wild Cards:
-Spider-Man 2
-Starfield
-Diabo IV
-[Redacted]
-Street Fighter 6
-Octopath Traveler 2
-Dead Space

I think Starfield, Diablo 4 and Spider-Man 2 will definitely be locks for nominees.

Given that that the Pizza Tower lead dev seems to be a pretty shit dude and apparently there's also some antisemitic caricatures in the game, I don't know if I want that to release on the Switch tbh
Man...

That's disappointing.. it was the only game that brought me any kind of joy recently; the only game that made me dust off my Steam account and play on PC.. and the main cast is just so fun in general..

I'll need a minute to process all this.. my brain hurts

I’m still in shock they remembered Roc’s Cape was a thing once

(Can’t wait for the Oracle games to hit NSO, people are in for a real treat)

The Suicide Squad situation has looped from sad to funny back to sad again. I bet they just wanna get this out of the door already.

What's everyone going to be doing during the hour Famiboards is down for maintenance? Surely not playing video games, right?

If my conversion is correct, this is tomorrow at 1pm here in Germany. That means the fam and i are either eating lunch, or have eaten lunch and do the dishes ... or i overslept and am still in the cooking process while stressing out cause them kids are hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom