• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST19 April 2023| A tradition unlike any other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally home from a 5 day excursion to CA which involved driving through San Fran to get to SFO because Apple Maps said it would be 4 minutes faster than staying on 101.

Dear god never again, worst roller coaster ride ever.

Also, got to flip the bird at Twitter X HQ so that almost makes up for it.

Oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Endless synthwave is right up my alley.

Is this the channel that originated the look of "lo-fi" on YT and other places?

My local grocery store is putting up signs for grilling season with the slogan “Sun’s Out, Buns Out”

They know exactly what they did

bd1b73748158c7b762e9b4d4b55b757d.jpg
I feel seen :D

Acquire did a DRPG on Vita called Mind Zero and while it wasn't the best DRPG I've played it had a pretty interesting premise. They do know how to make a quality DRPG's. Will get this some other time, right now I'm really burnt out on traditional grindy RPG's.

Also Acquire needs to remaster more of their stealth library. I wonder if there's a reason why they don't touch past Tenchu games?
They do. They do mostly other peoples work so maybe some permissions are required.

Is this the channel that originated the look of "lo-fi" on YT and other places?
The very same, and they also have a record label where they press vinyl with a collection of lofi hits for each season! It looks like they're launching a new website too, www.lofiworld.com, and I'm betting they're gonna launch more livestream radio stations with more characters before long

...I also started up the channel first thing this morning as soon as I logged into my work laptop lol

Returning to the scene of the crime here with our shrexpert ngpdrew of Family Boards Inc, and what comes next for the survivors...
Better to be an expert at something rather than nothing, I suppose.

Please look forward to my Shrek 5 review.

The very same, and they also have a record label where they press vinyl with a collection of lofi hits for each season! It looks like they're launching a new website too, www.lofiworld.com, and I'm betting they're gonna launch more livestream radio stations with more characters before long

...I also started up the channel first thing this morning as soon as I logged into my work laptop lol
... and subscribed

Join us

Join us

Join us
Welcome to Moonside.
Wecomel to Soonmide.
Moonwel ot cosidme.

Aaaa 1 month left!!
This trailer will definitely help with the wait!
Oh great, now we get to have the Legend of Zelda vs. Final Fantasy wars again

They do. They do mostly other peoples work so maybe some permissions are required.
Nah, that ain't right. Aside from Octopath and Akiba series, they own everything they make, Tenchu and No Heroes Allowed series included. They did eventually remaster Kamiwaza, a spinoff to Tenchu series for Switch. Hopefully they'll consider bringing back the classic Tenchu games.

Nah, that ain't right. Aside from Octopath and Akiba series, they own everything they make, Tenchu and No Heroes Allowed series included. They did eventually remaster Kamiwaza, a spinoff to Tenchu series for Switch. Hopefully they'll consider bringing back the classic Tenchu games.
Oh I did not know they own Tenchu, for some reason I thought it was a From game, maybe I confused it with another. But yeah I agree, that genre is super dry at the moment.

Everyone talking about Zelda and Final Fantasy but Redfall wants you to know what the biggest announcement of this week is

man, it’s so undeniably wack that these modern, super-powerful consoles (PS5/Series X) cannot run just about everything at 60, and that they make the consumer choose if they want framerate or resolution. The price and power-draw of these consoles makes me think it should be both! I should be getting both here!

Everyone talking about Zelda and Final Fantasy but Redfall wants you to know what the biggest announcement of this week is

Maybe I’m doing too much speculation.

But I feel this game is probably being…rushed? Just seems weird for a 1st party title to have a performance mode not at launch. Especially when the “next Gen” talk by devs and PR saying saying stuff that’ll make you believe these modes would be available. I don’t know.

But I feel this game is probably being…rushed? Just seems weird for a 1st party title to have a performance mode not at launch. Especially when the “next Gen” talk by devs and PR saying saying stuff that’ll make you believe these modes would be available. I don’t know.
Maybe I'm just being an old curmudgeon here but I really wish the performance vs. quality modes would die a fiery death. You buy a console so you don't have to worry about stuff like this. If you want to muck around with visual quality vs. framerate get a PC.

Maybe I’m doing too much speculation.

I think Redfall was originally planned to come out a year ago so it's already had significant delays. I imagine it's getting to the point where continuing to push the game back isn't worth it.

I think Redfall is going to be a fine game but it's hard to ignore the amount of negativity surrounding it. The overall vibes around Xbox as a whole aren't helping either.

...as if thousands of voices cried out in terror and were [never] silenced.

The comment sections on this will be grand.

There were rumors about a another TOTK "direct" coming in april 12th but we got this

The rumors for a direct always were wishful thinking of fans supported by YouTubers that need fancy headlines. One last trailer was always more likely considering how they handled marketing for TikTok Zelda to this point.

The reasonable explanation would be that there was not really a rumor for the trailer this week, but at least speculation by many, considering that it‘s kinda obvious to have one last trailer a month ahead of release. Though I believe that @LukasManak22 wished the trailer into existence by his persistence.

man, it’s so undeniably wack that these modern, super-powerful consoles (PS5/Series X) cannot run just about everything at 60, and that they make the consumer choose if they want framerate or resolution. The price and power-draw of these consoles makes me think it should be both! I should be getting both here!
But if they gave us both then how could they sell us on Pro versions a few years later?

Well this went from a 'I'll check it out on Gamepass' to 'haha no' just like that. Maybe I'll look at it when they actually patch in performance mode, but it's honestly just as likely I'll have forgotten about it. It's like they want the game to fail.

Maybe I'm just being an old curmudgeon here but I really wish the performance vs. quality modes would die a fiery death. You buy a console so you don't have to worry about stuff like this. If you want to muck around with visual quality vs. framerate get a PC.
As someone who moved from PC gaming to console a few years ago, I love having the choice and will nearly always pick performance. 60fps just means that much to me. So I hope it stays... though I suspect later into the generation it'll disappear.

High-end PCs can even struggle to hit 4K60 with all the bells and whistles turned on

4K is like... a lot of pixels

Join us tomorrow for the most glorious 3 minutes of your life, then you can go back to wallowing in your shame and despair until May 12th.

"Join us tomorrow during your prolonged bathroom break, early lunch, or in your car while trying to find that thing you forgot and had to go get, for a 3 minute livestreamed trailer for Tears of the Kingdom!"

High-end PCs can even struggle to hit 4K60 with all the bells and whistles turned on

4K is like... a lot of pixels
Sometimes I wonder if the constant desire for more, better pixels at the cost of hardware costs and energy usage is maybe a bad thing!

The games look nice but at what cost? $200 a month electricity bills using $600 hardware and 6-7 year game development schedules? Maybe we oughta step it back a bit as an industry

Sometimes I wonder if the constant desire for more, better pixels at the cost of hardware costs and energy usage is maybe a bad thing!

The games look nice but at what cost? $200 a month electricity bills using $600 hardware and 6-7 year game development schedules? Maybe we oughta step it back a bit as an industry
Chasing higher and higher resolutions is absolutely a "ha ha big number goes burrrr" thing. Articles like this one discuss the "optimal viewing distance" for a 4K TV (essentially, how close you can sit before you can see individual pixels). It's really freaking close. A 55" 4K TV viewed 7 ft away - which I feel is on the shorter end of a normal viewing distance - is basically indistinguishable from 1080p

Chasing higher and higher resolutions is absolutely a "ha ha big number goes burrrr" thing. Articles like this one discuss the "optimal viewing distance" for a 4K TV (essentially, how close you can sit before you can see individual pixels). It's really freaking close. A 55" 4K TV viewed 7 ft away - which I feel is on the shorter end of a normal viewing distance - is basically indistinguishable from 1080p
It's especially why I'm tired of reading about TV trends chasing 8K in the consumer space.

HD televisions were developed because screens kept getting bigger and you did see more and more visual artifacts and reduced image quality. Unless the average living room space expand both horizontally and vertically to contain these massive screens to show off these unnatural number of pixels, 8K will simply not take off and the small silver lining is I'm happy to hear that it's already starting to stall in terms of development. Focus on improving features in 4K TVs and making them cheaper and more energy efficient. 8K screen resolutions will only make sense in movie theatre auditoriums for the size they need.

New Tiny Toons!

This feels absolutely surreal given I'm currently watching the old Animaniacs for the first time since they were last on the air, and how many references Animaniacs have to Tiny Toon Adventures over the actual Looney Tunes haha

Hopefully it'll come to Crave in Canada

It's especially why I'm tired of reading about TV trends chasing 8K in the consumer space.

HD televisions were developed because screens kept getting bigger and you did see more and more visual artifacts and reduced image quality. Unless the average living room space expand both horizontally and vertically to contain these massive screens to show off these unnatural number of pixels, 8K will simply not take off and the small silver lining is I'm happy to hear that it's already starting to stall in terms of development. Focus on improving features in 4K TVs and making them cheaper and more energy efficient. 8K screen resolutions will only make sense in movie theatre auditoriums for the size they need.
Yeah 8K just feels like “we need people to keep buying new TVs”

4K and 120Hz is the absolute upper limit of what I’ll ever need, and you can write that down and throw it back to me in 20 years if I’m wrong. If a game is 1440p/60, I’m more than happy, especially if it can be done on less expensive and less power hungry hardware

This is always the risk of subscription services. The content is there and then it's not. Shame Sony isn't doing all it can do keep Balan Wonderworld. Oh, and Spooderman (PS4) I guess.

This is always the risk of subscription services. The content is there and then it's not. Shame Sony isn't doing all it can do keep Balan Wonderworld. Oh, and Spooderman (PS4) I guess.

I wonder if they add the PS5 version instead. But still weird. Assume it’s marvel licenses?

Yeah 8K just feels like “we need people to keep buying new TVs”

4K and 120Hz is the absolute upper limit of what I’ll ever need, and you can write that down and throw it back to me in 20 years if I’m wrong. If a game is 1440p/60, I’m more than happy, especially if it can be done on less expensive and less power hungry hardware
Agreed! If 120Hz can be standardized so more games can lock their framerate at 40fps like Ratchet and Clank, I think that would be one of the more positive changes to see in the gaming landscape.

(Not to mention I'm pretty much settled into the 55" LG C1 and I definitely cannot move my couch any closer for that optimal 3'4" away viewing angle; I just want this TV to last as long as humanly possible haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom